Crown Point vs Merrillville

Takedown219

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ontherise, thanks for the info.  Just a couple questions.  Fuqua/Garcia who was the aggressor?  Fuqua/Sanderfer who had the defensive fall did Fuqua get pinned or Sandefer?  Who wrestled 145?  How about did Tsirtsis get back points? I would not think he picked down against a guy that was maybe 12-15 pounds bigger.  Sounds like a great dual and Thanks for the info.

Ontherise, thanks for the info.  Just a couple questions.  Fuqua/Garcia who was the aggressor?  Fuqua/Sanderfer who had the defensive fall did Fuqua get pinned or Sandefer?  Who wrestled 145?  How about did Tsirtsis get back points? I would not think he picked down against a guy that was maybe 12-15 pounds bigger.  Sounds like a great dual and Thanks for the info.

Alright Garcia was the aggressor was in on a couple shots but Fuqua is so tough to score on. The defensive fall was against Fuqua but it was so loud the ref didn't hear the buzzer fuqua got a td and a turn in the first. Tsirtsis got a point for a unnecessary roughness a escape alot of TD's and of course a Turk. Steveson scrapped though I would take Jason against anyone in the state and the kid didnt back down for a second

good job by trevor blue, a senior not getting very much mat time, being in back of tsirtsis.  second year in a row that he gets in against merrillville and picks up a win.  he is a good wrestler and would start for 95% of the teams in the state.

good job by trevor blue, a senior not getting very much mat time, being in back of tsirtsis.   second year in a row that he gets in against merrillville and picks up a win.  he is a good wrestler and would start for 95% of the teams in the state.

Without a doubt he is very tough

Fuqua 4-2 crazy match red called a defensive fall from a takedown bit time clearly expired and reversed the fall call really good match

To clarify... it was not a defensive pin, as both wrestlers were in the neutral position. The official called the fall but checked with the timekeeper, who advised that the time had expired prior to the fall being called. Great call, and it was handled the way the official is supposed to handle it when it's that loud and crazy.... check with your timer  :)

Really good dual...   The score was not close but the matches were all very competitive.  I think only on fall which was at 106!

Couple thoughts....

Sandefur got robbed.  He was down 4-3 and had Fuqua pinned for 5 seconds but you couldn't hear the buzzer.  Should have at least got near fall.

Garcia vs Fuqua was great...  Garcia takedown with 10 seconds left wins 3-1.

Padilla Halsted also down to the last 10 seconds as Padilla gets takedown and near points to win.

Tsirtsis is a beast...  Steveson will be a state placer this year and could win multiple titles he is tough!!!

Kral vs Nickson was very good...  Not sure on a few of the stalling on Nickson.  Kind of his style and I didn't see it.  

Too bad Berry didn't wrestle....  Match would have been 9 points closer.

Bottom line is that Crown Point is fantastic!

Sandefer got robbed.  He was down 4-3 and had Fuqua pinned for 5 seconds but you couldn't hear the buzzer.  Should have at least got near fall.

You can't score nearfall points from the neutral position  :o

I was unaware of that....  If thats the rule then I stand corrected...  Very tough though because he was stuck for a few seconds before the ref called it.  Ref did a nice job it was a pretty loud crowd and the coaches were working!

Sounds like a great dual.  Any matches on video would be great.  That takes some courage to jump up two weights against a top 5 guy.  Did Stevenson come close to scoring?  I am really surprised Tsirtsis took down got to give him credit.  What was the misconduct point for? Nickson seems to be really closing the gap on Kral since last years dual.  I could see this dual going a whole different direction with Berry in the line-up and Tsirtsis not being able to bump up two weights.  Could be really close at Regionals.  Two good teams

I think there will be some good individual matches but as far as the team score merrillville doesn't match up against cp. I can see a 20 point win for cp.

good call

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.