Crown Point vs Merrillville

Takedown219

2 weeks away, this meet is always fun to watch and should be a hell of a meet this year. I think this one will come down to who can score the most bonus points, a lot of good swing matches including 3 potential matchups with wrestlers ranked in the top 10

120: #8 Garcia v #4 Fuqua

160: #8 Steveson v #7 Schurg

220: #7: Nickson v #1 Kral

Thoughts on this classic rivalry?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought merrillville had a chance with Garcia and Padilla@138 with halsted out

Predictions

103 Garza m

113 Schurg  cp

120 Fuqua d Garcia

126 burlison CP

132 Padilla m( if halsted is out)

138 Burlison CP

145 Tsirtsis CP

152 Fuqua d sandefer

160 Steveson d Schurg

170 peppers m

182 Deluna m

195 Berry m

220 Kral cp

Hwt Swope cp

I thought merrillville had a chance with Garcia and Padilla@138 with halsted out

Predictions

103 Garza m

113 Schurg  cp

120 Fuqua d Garcia

126 burlison CP

132 Padilla m( if halsted is out)

138 Burlison CP

145 Tsirtsis CP

152 Fuqua d sandefer

160 Steveson d Schurg

170 peppers m

182 Deluna m

195 Berry m

220 Kral cp

Hwt Swope cp

Should be real close...  I think Garcia can take Fuqua at 120 and if Merrillvilles heavy weight can win then the pirates can really make this close.

Whats the chances of seeing berry move up to take on Kral?  Kral ducked him last year...

Yea I know CP is getting Bonus points at 45. I think Fuqua and Garcia will be a good match. I think merrillville had a better chance with Garcia d burlison costaksis at 132 and Padilla d burlison. I think merrillville could bump but then there is a chance berrys  back up loses to langbehn and Kral beats berry could be some big swings

its funny how all the post  going back to the traicoff 2yrs ago say that kral ducked knura, and then merr vs cp last year kral ducked berry, now again will kral duck berry again?  it is not krals fault who he will wrestle, it is the coaches decision, if anyone was at ony of these meets,  kral was warming up and ready to go, why pass blame on a wrestler for a coaches decision.  this is not the first time this has happened, for any team, and wont be the last, yes it would be a great match, but why blame the wrestler!

its funny how all the post  going back to the traicoff 2yrs ago say that kral ducked knura, and then merr vs cp last year kral ducked berry, now again will kral duck berry again?  it is not krals fault who he will wrestle, it is the coaches decision, if anyone was at ony of these meets,  kral was warming up and ready to go, why pass blame on a wrestler for a coaches decision.  this is not the first time this has happened, for any team, and wont be the last, yes it would be a great match, but why blame the wrestler!

I'm with you 100% percent...  Not a personal shot at Kral.  I've never met him and he carries himself like a great kid.  I don't take one thing away from Kral or any wrestler in that circumstance.  Its a 99% percent coaches decision and always should be.  I leave that 1% percent out there because someone of Krals stature and ablility probably has a pretty strong say on whether he wants to go out there and give it a go in that situation.  Quite frankly I would love to see it!!!  No matter what it will be closer than last year...

Very true.  Kids don't make that call.

I think there will be some good individual matches but as far as the team score merrillville doesn't match up against cp. I can see a 20 point win for cp.

I also agree that it's the coaches decision to bump up kids.

I agree with CP being the favorite but by 20? No way. And I'd personally love to see the Kral-Berry matchup, both are monsters, I could be wrong but I don't think either of them have given up an offensive point this year and I dont think Kourtney has wrestled out of the first period this year

When I referenced last year's Traicoff (not TWO years ago), I mentioned that CP opted not to wrestle Kral against Knura. I didn't place any blame on anyone specifically.

Kral would definitely step up given the opportunity from his coaches.  Coaching is about strategy not ego.  I've seen Tyler take his lumps in his younger years taking on older more experienced wrestlers.  I doubt he's afraid to take on anyone now!

The 2 Best Team in the Region Wrestle this weds

Match ups

#7 Mike Garza Merrillville vs Brett Ervin CP

Adam Brodie Merrillville vs #7 Darden Schurg CP 

#15 Adam Garcia Merrillville(SQ@119) vs #5 Josh Fuqua CP (2nd@103)

Michael Martin Merrillville vs #12 Trevor Burlison CP

Al Padilla Merrillville vs #8 Cameron Halsted CP (Maybe has been Injured)

Jalyn Jones Merrillville vs Tyler Burlison CP

Willie Armstrong Merrillville vs #1 Jason Tsirtsis CP (State Champion@125,130,140)

Zac Sandefer Merrillville(SQ@152) vs #13 Jake Fuqua Cp(SQ@135)

#5 Robert Steveson II Merrillville vs # 8 Dustin Schurg CP(SQ@160)

#12 Dayrl Peppers Merrillville vs Jacob Hazi CP

Eric DeLuna Merrillville vs Mason Kral CP

#2 Kourtney Berry Merrillville(5th@189) vs #16 Matt Langbehn CP

#7 Mike Nickson Merrillville vs #1 Tyler Kral CP(4th@215)

Hwt

Trevon Williams Merrillville vs Josh Swope CP

Should be a great Dual

Key Matches are....

Hvy

Falls are extremely important on all matches. 

106 -  6 Merr

113  -  4 CP

120 -  3 CP (Swing)

126 -  4 CP

132 -  3 Merr (Swing)

138 -  6 CP

145 -  6 CP

152 -  3 CP (Swing)

160 -  4 Merr

170 -  3 Merr

182 -  3 Merr (Swing Match)

195 -  6 Merr

220 -  3 CP

285 -  3 CP (Swing Match)

CP 32 Merr 25????  Should be REAL fun!

I agree with CP being the favorite but by 20? No way. And I'd personally love to see the Kral-Berry matchup, both are monsters, I could be wrong but I don't think either of them have given up an offensive point this year and I dont think Kourtney has wrestled out of the first period this year

Dont think this match up happens because for whatever reason the CP coaches have been very leary of letting Kral wrestle highly ranked wrestlers prior to sectionals. I am saying 100% the coaches make this choice for Tyler, so please understand the context of the statement. Also Kral has been scored on this year, Kinney of Cathedral took him down and scored back points in a 8-4 match at Traicoff earlier this year...

I saw the Kral-Kinney match and there is no way Kinney should have gotten any

points.  It was just a roll thru with Kral ending up on top and getting back points. Kral was

not on his back more than a micro-second.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.