Arsenal Tech versus Yorktown

Match Summary  YORK  ATHS

120 Schulyer Phillips (Yorktown) won by pin over Edwin Calderon (Arsenal Tech High School) 0:00. 6.00 0

126 Logan Campbell (Yorktown) won by pin over Richard Ybarra (Arsenal Tech High School) 0:00. 6.00 0

132 Robert Duncan (Arsenal Tech High School) won by decision over Chandler Carroll (Yorktown) 2-1. 0 3.00

138 Dalton Baysinger (Yorktown) won by pin over Curtis Vance (Arsenal Tech High School) 0:00. 6.00 0

145 Devon Jackson (Yorktown) won by pin over Laron Sylvest (Arsenal Tech High School) 0:00. 6.00 0

152 Rhett Hiestand (Yorktown) won by pin over Jacob Lucas (Arsenal Tech High School) 0:00. 6.00 0

160 Myron Howard-Anderson (Yorktown) won by pin over Miles Simmons (Arsenal Tech High School) 0:00. 6.00 0

170 John Wales (Yorktown) won by pin over King Hubbard (Arsenal Tech High School) 0:00. 6.00 0

182 Noah Perdue (Arsenal Tech High School) won by decision over Hunter Hiestand (Yorktown) 9-3. 0 3.00

195 Cody Smith (Yorktown) won by forfeit . 6.00 0

220 Noah Little (Yorktown) won by forfeit . 6.00 0

285 Matt Murray (Yorktown) won by pin over Rasheed Abdul-Haqq (Arsenal Tech High School) 0:00. 6.00 0

106 Chance Olsen (Arsenal Tech High School) won by forfeit . 0 6.00

113 Brock Bevans (Yorktown) won by decision over Deondre Wilson (Arsenal Tech High School) 4-1. 3.00 0

Dual Meet Score  63.0 12.0

Does Yorktown usually wrestle their guys up a weight during the week?  Compared to the rankings it looks like nearly all their guys are up or do they come down slow according to the weight management guidelines with a targeted tournament in mind? 

Just curious since it looks like an organized strategy

I hate to say I told ya so, but... just kidding I like to be right.

The Guru

Re: Ips wrestlers that going to make some nosie this year

? Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:41:08 PM ? Modify Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Duncan

Especially if he can find some consistent offense in competition. That kid's a super stud waiting to happen.  

Ok Guru...could you elaborate a bit more about the young man? 

Really nice kid. I worked with him a little bit over the summer at the Arilngton RTC. I wouldn't say he's "lanky" but he has a longer body type for the weight. Good worker, interested in learning and getting better. Tremendous athlete.

Will Carrol be wrestling 132 this year or is this just the result of everyone bumping up? If everyone bumped up a weight class, who was the varsity wrestler who did not wrestle for Yorktown and what would be the reason for bumping everyone up?

It seemed as of wrestlers were bumped up.

Duncan is a kid that has never got his shot because of his homelife and one could literally film a movie about.  I wont go into details but it's pretty bad.  He bounced around from couch to couch in his earlier years, found his home with us, just started last year and wrestled all summer.  Got in over 100+ matches and wreslted for team Indaina at various meets.  Check his trackwrestling pofile if it's still up.  Beat a few Fargo All-Americans along the way.  Still scratching the surface but all-in-all is pretty tough.  To Chandler's defense, I believe everyone at Yorktown wrestled up because it was their first dual of the season, as we bumped up Diondre to wrestle Bevans.  It's only one match and it's a long season.  Good win for him but no where near our ultimate goal, individually and/or as a program.

Duncan is a kid that has never got his shot because of his homelife and one could literally film a movie about.  I wont go into details but it's pretty bad.  He bounced around from school to school in his earlier years, found his home with us, just started last year and wrestled all summer.  Got in over 100+ matches and wreslted for team Indaina at various meets.  Check his trackwrestling pofile if it's still up.  Beat a few Fargo All-Americans along the way.  Still scratching the surface but all-in-all is pretty tough.  To Chandler's defense, I believe everyone at Yorktown wrestled up because it was their first dual of the season, as we bumped up Diondre to wrestle Bevans.  It's only one match and it's a long season.  Good win for him but no where near our ultimate goal, individually and/or as a program.

how cool is that......always neat to see someone beat the odds and succeed at something......i'll be watching the results this season and hope to see his name often.....

Robert Duncan will be a beast. Just a great young man too very poliet and soaks stuff in like a sponge. Watched him several times this summer at Arlington Rtc and seen him at several of the Perry Rtc. Its awesome how Coach Hull & Coach Morgan have taking him under their wing and push him to keep getting better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.