NFHS Weight Class Changes

Indiana Wrestling Community,

The NFHS Wrestling Rules Committee completed its annual meeting Wednesday afternoon. The results of the meeting are embargoed until approximately May 1. I want to make sure everyone understands why this is done. While the committee does vote on rules and editorial changes, the NFHS Executive Committee has the final say on the Rules Committee's work. Releasing the information before the Executive Committee has met would be premature since they have final authority. One of my wrestlers asked me what we did when I walked in school this morning. I had to give him the same answer I give everyone else: I can't discuss any of the items brought before the committee. Even those who submit proposals are not informed of the Rules Committee's vote until the Executive Committee meets. Watch the NFHS website starting in late April.

Dave Cloud

NFHS Committee Member

On the NFHS official's forum someone stated the new weight classes have passed, but as of now there has been no confirmation from anyone in the NFHS.

I wonder if that person was executed.....  ;D

Next year is going  to be so great.  Forfeits are going to magically disappear now that 103 is being raised.  Oh yeah, and because every school adheres so strictly to the weight loss guidelines, there won't be more kids than ever before who naturally weigh over 120 cutting down to the lowest weight class.  It's going to be Heaven on earth, can't wait!

We still don't even know if it was approved, and if it has, if it will be implemented this coming year or the next...........I don't think that any kid needs to make a decision on what weight he or she will be wrestling next year, in April.  I guess if you plan on cutting from 185 to 103/106 you may want to start cutting now.  ???

Since all the discusion has been on team classing and weight classes lets try something to make the sport more competitive. Let's eliminate all classing, weight or team. The matches will all be really close because it will be all about who has to present first each match, and it will eliminate all cutting of weight.

win-win

Since all the discusion has been on team classing and weight classes lets try something to make the sport more competitive. Let's eliminate all classing, weight or team. The matches will all be really close because it will be all about who has to present first each match, and it will eliminate all cutting of weight.

win-win

edb41, explain this part... I don't get it... ???

You need to type slower so people from Baugo can understand. :)

What he means is if there are no weight classes there will never be any weight cutting.

Nooooo, really?

I just wanted him to explain what "it will be all about who has to present first each match" meant.

Now if that's the type of grammer being taught in Garrett, I do need to get out of Elkhart...

I think he meant that whichever team had to have their wrestler report first could make for some interesting strategy. 

It got to be...

So then the meet would be a virtual chess match of coaching wits and we all know khakis beat jeans any day of the week ending in "Y"...

Next year is going  to be so great.  Forfeits are going to magically disappear now that 103 is being raised.  Oh yeah, and because every school adheres so strictly to the weight loss guidelines, there won't be more kids than ever before who naturally weigh over 120 cutting down to the lowest weight class.  It's going to be Heaven on earth, can't wait!

YUP!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.