Coaches...Seriously?

wildcatcountry97

There was a coach in the championship match who wore a nice pair of slacks, a nice sport coat and tie with....tennis shoes  :P

I wonder who that was... cough cough Bob Harmon... Nice suit and tie, and then instead of finishing off the outfit with a nice pair of shoes, he chooses to wear his grass-stained tennis shoes.  It looks like he just got done push mowing the lawn!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong, but didn't Garrett High School have an individual REPRESENT their school in the Parade of Champions Friday night wearing jeans and a t-shirt?  He might not have been a coach but why would someone who is so focused on improving the perception of this sport allow someone to REPRESENT their school in front of "the Big Wigs" dressed like a hillbilly? 

Have you ever seen a coach in the chair with jeans on from Garrett? 

That shouldn't matter, in the chair coaching or walking in the Parade of Champions in front of thousands of wrestling fans representing your school you should dress up... now I didn't see Garrett walk out in the Parade of Champions, but if they did have an individual walking with them, you would think someone who is so focused on improving the sport wouldn't allow that individual to wear JEANS and a T-SHIRT representing there school in front of thousands of people. Way to go coach! Maybe the Head Coach should've said something to him about his dress attire, guess he didn't listen to the Assistant Coach.

I wonder who that was... cough cough Bob Harmon... Nice suit and tie, and then instead of finishing off the outfit with a nice pair of shoes, he chooses to wear his grass-stained tennis shoes.  It looks like he just got done push mowing the lawn!

Hey ...If I could"ve had a program that produced as many State Champs and place winners as Bob has had....I would've wore tennis shoes with grass stains. Bob's one of a kind and one heck of a coach. Who really cares what he wears? JMO!

JBarnett

I wonder who that was... cough cough Bob Harmon... Nice suit and tie, and then instead of finishing off the outfit with a nice pair of shoes, he chooses to wear his grass-stained tennis shoes.  It looks like he just got done push mowing the lawn!

Hey those grass stained tennis shoes were armani originals.   that was just the print of the shoe.... If you were a fashionista like coach Harmon   you woulda known that...

Semper Fi

Hey those grass stained tennis shoes were armani originals.   that was just the print of the shoe.... If you were a fashionista like coach Harmon   you woulda known that...

Semper Fi

That's funny! And Semper Fi back at you...!

I always wore sweat pants with pockets and a Tshirt reppin the team.  Just in case I had to help a wrestler warm up or show him something that caught my eye.  In the parade of champions look decent but when on the floor no.  Now there is a line to be drawn tho.  I dnt think a coach with a purple mohawk and them big Gage ?arings in each ear and a leather jacket with tassles and grungy jeans is appropriate.  But that's just me and because I dnt have a leather jacket...

Unfortunately I have only been able to see Garrett coaches the past two years at the state finals.  And both years the coaches were dressed to your standards.  My question though centers more around the Parade of Champions when all eyes are focused on those being announced to represent their schools.  Why would you allow someone to represent Garrett High School dressed as a "hillbilly"?  This is what I want to know.  Everything you have said on this topic suggests that you believe jeans are not acceptable when representing your school, yet you allowed it.  I understand that this wasn't a coach that was going to be on the sidelines during a match, but for those in attendance who aren't "HARDCORE FANS" all they heard was Garrett High School's name announced and then saw an individual wearing jeans and a t-shirt.  Was the call made over your head that this individual would be allowed to represent Garrett dressed as a hillbilly?  Did your AD and principal, who had commented in the past that you look good as a coaching staff compared to other coaching staffs, think that this was a Halloween Parade? 

Unfortunately I have only been able to see Garrett coaches the past two years at the state finals.  And both years the coaches were dressed to your standards.  My question though centers more around the Parade of Champions when all eyes are focused on those being announced to represent their schools.  Why would you allow someone to represent Garrett High School dressed as a "hillbilly"? 

Because we allow our wrestlers and managers to wear jeans because they are kids.  We aren't Mater Dei where our kids wear suits all the time.

This is what I want to know.  Everything you have said on this topic suggests that you believe jeans are not acceptable when representing your school, yet you allowed it.

We have also allowed numerous kids to wear singlets this year while representing our school.

I understand that this wasn't a coach that was going to be on the sidelines during a match, but for those in attendance who aren't "HARDCORE FANS" all they heard was Garrett High School's name announced and then saw an individual wearing jeans and a t-shirt.  Was the call made over your head that this individual would be allowed to represent Garrett dressed as a hillbilly? 

None of our coaching staff wears jeans.  Let me rephrase that NONE of our coaching staff wears jeans.  Our managers and wrestlers when on the sidelines can wear jeans because they are not coaches.  If you couldn't tell the young man was a wrestler you need your eyes checked.  We also had a kid running around wearing a wrestling singlet, so do you want to complain about that? We also had someone in the parade of champions in sweats, please comment on that too.

Did your AD and principal, who had commented in the past that you look good as a coaching staff compared to other coaching staffs, think that this was a Halloween Parade? 

Our AD and principal know which people are the coaches and which are wrestlers or managers.

Are you going to complain about our kid wearing a singlet walking around representing our school too?

Because we allow our wrestlers and managers to wear jeans because they are kids.  We aren't Mater Dei where our kids wear suits all the time.

Well, obviously you aren't Mater Dei.  That is a program that has tradition and takes pride in representing their school at duals all the way to the state finals.  I think their mat maids even wear khakis.

We have also allowed numerous kids to wear singlets this year while representing our school.

I would hope you would allow your kids to wear singlets, this is high school wrestling.

None of our coaching staff wears jeans.  Let me rephrase that NONE of our coaching staff wears jeans.  Our managers and wrestlers when on the sidelines can wear jeans because they are not coaches.  If you couldn't tell the young man was a wrestler you need your eyes checked.  We also had a kid running around wearing a wrestling singlet, so do you want to complain about that? We also had someone in the parade of champions in sweats, please comment on that too.

I completely agree with you that managers and wrestlers be allowed to wear jeans mat side.  But at the state finals during the Parade of Champions?  You want me to believe that this individual didn't have a pair of khakis and a polo or team pullover to represent your school?  C'mon man.  And I would hope that you had someone in the parade dressed as a participant (sweats, warm-up, etc) because if you didn't then you would just look silly walking in the parade.

Our AD and principal know which people are the coaches and which are wrestlers or managers.

I would imagine that your AD and principal would know who is a wrestler and a coach.  But what about those in attendance who weren't your AD or principal or a "Hardcore Fan"?  All they saw was someone representing a high school dressed like a hillbilly. 

Are you going to complain about our kid wearing a singlet walking around representing our school too?

I would NOT complain about your school having a kid walking around wearing a singlet representing your school. That is still the suggested uniform for wrestling isn't it?

So to basically sum everything up here...Garrett allows their wrestlers to wear singlets at tournaments (I can accept this), they allow managers and wrestlers to wear jeans on the sidelines (I personally don't have a problem here), their coaches dress in appropriate coaching attire (2 thumbs up from this guy), and they allow an individual to represent their school on the biggest stage in Indiana high school wrestling dressed like a hillbilly (Yee haw Y2). 

Let's see...The man coached twins to state titles and you want to focus on his footwear?

Ok folks, I have to say it...GET FREEKING REAL!

He could show up in flip flops and a kilt as far as we are concerned!

Well as long as he doesn't go into the tripod moves...

Let's see...The man coached twins to state titles and you want to focus on his footwear?

You are the one that needs to get real  . . . I am quite sure there is no situation where anyone wants to see him in a kilt, although the tripod could be particularly damaging to the eyes.

Y2, armyofone is correct, your coaching abbilities and schools demeanour is ruined and diminished by your strange odd urge to feel comfortable by wearing jeans at a wrestling tournament, armyofone, out of my own curiostity, would you make a scene if someone was wearing Je'orts at a wrestling tournament? (je'orts are jean shorts)..... i think that if you wear jeans to a tournament it should be mandatory for the jeans to either be buckle jeans ( expensive and shows you want to look nice) or have a chain attached to your wallet, this is sophisticated.

Y2, armyofone is correct, your coaching abbilities and schools demeanour is ruined and diminished by your strange odd urge to feel comfortable by wearing jeans at a wrestling tournament, armyofone, out of my own curiostity, would you make a scene if someone was wearing Je'orts at a wrestling tournament? (je'orts are jean shorts)..... i think that if you wear jeans to a tournament it should be mandatory for the jeans to either be buckle jeans ( expensive and shows you want to look nice) or have a chain attached to your wallet, this is sophisticated.

Y2 doesn't do jeans and what are "buckle jeans"?

That's hilarious...he'd look like William Wallace!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.