team with most wrestlers to state

rebels8

RankingsGuy you wouldn't remember unless it was a team from the region haha

I would put a snow cone on it that they got 13 or 14 through in the early 2000's

Mater Dei qualified 6 in 2000, 8 in 2001, 10 in 2002, 10 in 2003, and 6 in 2004

I'll take that sno-cone bet...

The record stands at 11 state qualifiers.  1996 MD - 5 semi-state champs, 5 runnersup and a third.   All 14 advanced to semi-state and into the ticket round.  8 state placers.  XCard is right, not as good as it could have been at State that year. 2003 and 1998 were actually better years for total team points at State.  No snocones.  Sorry.

What I remember about '96 State was how stacked 125 was on both sides of the bracket with returning placewinners.  I'm sure XCard can back me up on this one.  Saturday morning quarterfinals was Paul Maldonado, ECC - Scott Schaefer, MD. That would be a great state championship match in a normal year.   But that year the title went to Jason Baker, Bellmont (42-0)!

It was this kind of state meet that makes me glad Indiana is single class wrestling.  Everyone versus anyone at the same time under one roof.  One wrestling community.

What I remember about '96 State was how stacked 125 was on both sides of the bracket with returning placewinners.  I'm sure XCard can back me up on this one.  Saturday morning quarterfinals was Paul Maldonado, ECC - Scott Schaefer, MD. That would be a great state championship match in a normal year.   But that year the title went to Jason Baker, Bellmont (42-0)!

I remember that, too (because I was on that bracket)  :)

I am almost certain that one year MD sent all but 1 wrestler to state.  I believe it was Matt Boehman's senoir year and he was the 1 that didn't go.

I am almost certain that this is correct.  For some reason it sticks out in my mind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.