BROOKS ?

219spladle

Every year you hear nothing but Brooks Brooks Brooks , this year it seems like he's flying under the radar which seems to me pretty scary . He may be the hardest working and devoted wrestler out there , and after losing in the finals at Merr. last year he is probably more determined than ever . This kid could be the big winner in the end .

Every year you hear nothing but Brooks Brooks Brooks , this year it seems like he's flying under the radar which seems to me pretty scary . He may be the hardest working and devoted wrestler out there , and after losing in the finals at Merr. last year he is probably more determined than ever . This kid could be the big winner in the end .

Agree completely with this quote , it seemed last year he took Petrov for granted and paid for it in the end , the way he looked at the Al Smith I could see him going  to and possibly winning the State finals , he improved so much physically and mentally from last year .

It may not seem possible to some, but I think Phillips looks better this year than he has the last two!!!! Only points given up all year have been from cutting people loose just to take them down again.

Not trying to stir up to much drama just want to get the facts straight, but I heard it was because he punched the other kid. Is that true?

Slam is what I heard.  Jimtown 138 was probably in attendance so I would trust what he said.

Yes he bumped up to 119 at the penn super dual to wrestle one of the frese? brothers from lakeshore.. and I believe the call was a slam.

Yes , Freese is an absolute Stud in his own right . I believe he placed 4th last year in Michigan , and is one of the favorites to win it all this year . I think the score was 1-1 when Brooks was DQ'd for the slam . Brooks seams to have a toughness this year that was missing in previous years . Maybe the MMA fighting ?

Yes , Freese is an absolute Stud in his own right . I believe he placed 4th last year in Michigan , and is one of the favorites to win in all this year . I think the score was 1-1 when Brooks was DQ'd for the slam . Brooks seams to have a toughness this year that was missing in previous years . Maybe the MMA fighting ?

You're right, he seems to be focused. Maybe he realizes how important wrestling is to him and visa versa...

mason todd jared brooks and cody phillips. can u say o snap? this will be fun to watch

Petrov will be in the mix as well. His OT win over Brooks at Mville last year was the match of the day. And there were some fantastic battles that day. I think it's funny that the kid that gave Phillips the best match last year at Conseco(8-3) seems to not get the respect a finalist deserves. ???

Petrov will be in the mix as well. His OT win over Brooks at Mville last year was the match of the day. And there were some fantastic battles that day. I think it's funny that the kid that gave Phillips the best match last year at Conseco(8-3) seems to not get the respect a finalist deserves. ???

Pauly just seems to fly under the radar all the time , and then bam he hits you like a boulder , Petrov, Todd , Phillips , and Brooks is there any better top four in any weight class ?

Pauly just seems to fly under the radar all the time , and then bam he hits you like a boulder , Petrov, Todd , Phillips , and Brooks is there any better top four in any weight class ?

Throw in LeCount who has been lights out this year too (If he can get past Price - makes for a very interesting weight class for Conseco - some possible tough 2-3 match-ups Friday night)

Yes, how about 135:

Gregory (Penn): 40-0

Jackson (Yorktown): 43-0

Kieffer (Roncolli): 36-0

Raley (Indian Creek): 26-1

145-1 Between the four of them

At 112, their combined record is 128-1.  Splitting hairs but I'll take 135 as having the best top four for sure in the state of Indiana.

Yes, how about 135:

Gregory (Penn): 40-0

Jackson (Yorktown): 43-0

Kieffer (Roncolli): 36-0

Raley (Indian Creek): 26-1

145-1 Between the four of them

At 112, their combined record is 128-1.  Splitting hairs but I'll take 135 as having the best top four for sure in the state of Indiana.

I think it was discussed in another thread, but there are four undefeated wrestlers at 160.  One from each semi-state.  So if they all win this weekend, there could be four undefeated wrestlers in the quarterfinals of state. 

LeFever

Willis

Welch

Quiroz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.