Miracle?

bigworm285

Agreed! 

I think she can win.  If you look at how close she was to that last escape, you would say so also.  The wrestler in the championship match with her got a little too high on that singlet and I think that shocked her cause she stopped moving and wanted to avoid a JJ (superbowl) incident. (pulled her hands from the mat to protect personals)

She will make the adjustment and win.  That's my play and I am staying with it.

I think she can win.  If you look at how close she was to that last escape, you would say so also.  The wrestler in the championship match with her got a little too high on that singlet and I think that shocked her cause she stopped moving and wanted to avoid a JJ (superbowl) incident. (pulled her hands from the mat to protect personals)

She will make the adjustment and win.  That's my play and I am staying with it.

I thinks that's a a pretty poor excuse for a loss.  I'm sure she was wearing a t-shirt under her singlet, same as almost all girls I've ever seen wrestle, so there was little possibility of a JJ incident.  And in wrestling, you don't really have time to notice when you're in a "compromising" situation.  By claiming her loss has something to do with the fact that she's a girl, you really discredit everything Miracle's done this season.  She's experienced great success all year, and now she's suffered her first loss, same as anyone else, male or female.  The Penn wrestler earned that win over a tough opponent, and you shouldn't try to diminish his victory.

I thinks that's a a pretty poor excuse for a loss.  I'm sure she was wearing a t-shirt under her singlet, same as almost all girls I've ever seen wrestle, so there was little possibility of a JJ incident.  And in wrestling, you don't really have time to notice when you're in a "compromising" situation.  By claiming her loss has something to do with the fact that she's a girl, you really discredit everything Miracle's done this season.  She's experienced great success all year, and now she's suffered her first loss, same as anyone else, male or female.  The Penn wrestler earned that win over a tough opponent, and you shouldn't try to diminish his victory.

OPEN YOUR EYES NEXT TIME AND SEE THE REAL PICTURE.  I am not taking anything away from the penn wrestler, the proof is in the pudding.  look at the tape. 

She or Sarah did not wear t-shirts this past weekend.  The penn coach had to run down Sarah to give her a shirt after a loss and she did like the boys do when they come off the mat and pulled her shoulder strap on her singlet.

The match was a close battle all the way and she was coming up and out of the down position when said incident started. I just noticed she stopped fighting for the up position at that time.  Say what you will I was there and I want to see Indana's first female go to state.  No excuses to be made.

The sacrifices she will have to make to play with the boys...and it does and will happen, but sure she has accepted this since the start....have never seen her but Good luck Kayla!!!! 

No, a wardrobe malfuntion isn't something she will have to deal with often (freak thing), but I've seen her often and your wrong if you think she will make the same mistake twice! Not saying she will beat Micic, but if you think she's not capable or out of her league your kidding yourself. I think Micic would tell you there's about 35 guys he has seen this year that he would rather wrestle than Kayla to advance. Good luck to all these kids...

People see Kayla and think "wow this girl can wrestle". I have known her and her family for years and think it important to inform that she is also a fine young lady. She is mature beyond her years, polite (as all of the Miracle children are) and extremly intellegent. Many of you see her wrestle and are impressed. I see her all the time off the mat and am continually impressed!

BTW In addition to Sean and Kayla there are two more Miracle children who wrestle that will also shock the world! Hope is 7 and Kale is 5 (I believe). Both National Champs!

I think she can win.  If you look at how close she was to that last escape, you would say so also.  The wrestler in the championship match with her got a little too high on that singlet and I think that shocked her cause she stopped moving and wanted to avoid a JJ (superbowl) incident. (pulled her hands from the mat to protect personals)

She will make the adjustment and win.  That's my play and I am staying with it.

OPEN YOUR EYES NEXT TIME AND SEE THE REAL PICTURE.  I am not taking anything away from the penn wrestler, the proof is in the pudding.  look at the tape.  

She or Sarah did not wear t-shirts this past weekend.  The penn coach had to run down Sarah to give her a shirt after a loss and she did like the boys do when they come off the mat and pulled her shoulder strap on her singlet.

The match was a close battle all the way and she was coming up and out of the down position when said incident started. I just noticed she stopped fighting for the up position at that time.  Say what you will I was there and I want to see Indana's first female go to state.  No excuses to be made.

I will start off by saying that Kayla Miracle is a talented wrestler. I have great respect for the young women like Kayla and Sarah who have the talent to wrestle and the desire to compete.

After reading the posts you made I have carefully replayed the tape of the match over and over paying extra attention to the last period of the match.

1) Kayla was wearing a shirt under her singlet. (It is black in color and stands out in contrast to her singlet.)

2) I cannot find any time where Kayla "stopped" wrestling whether out of "shock" or otherwise.

3) IMO the was no moment that Kayla was ever in danger of having a "JJ" episode on the mat during this match.

I think it is sad that such a quality and close match is being disparaged in this manner.

These kind of comments take away from the effort and true wrestling talent showed by both wrestlers in this match.

Good luck to both wrestlers at Merriville!

I will start off by saying that Kayla Miracle is a talented wrestler. I have great respect for the young women like Kayla and Sarah who have the talent to wrestle and the desire to compete.

After reading the posts you made I have carefully replayed the tape of the match over and over paying extra attention to the last period of the match.

1) Kayla was wearing a shirt under her singlet. (It is black in color and stands out in contrast to her singlet.)

2) I cannot find any time where Kayla "stopped" wrestling whether out of "shock" or otherwise.

3) IMO the was no moment that Kayla was ever in danger of having a "JJ" episode on the mat during this match.

I think it is sad that such a quality and close match is being disparaged in this manner.

These kind of comments take away from the effort and true wrestling talent showed by both wrestlers in this match.

Good luck to both wrestlers at Merriville!

I understand you are a penn homer so I am not going to keep this going as an argument.  If you were filming from the penn side then you missed it.  Why do you think the crowd from the opposite side made the big gasp near the end? 

I will end with this and not respond again to this issue, THEY ARE BOTH VERY GOOD WRESTLERS.  GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

No, a wardrobe malfuntion isn't something she will have to deal with often (freak thing), but I've seen her often and your wrong if you think she will make the same mistake twice! Not saying she will beat Micic, but if you think she's not capable or out of her league your kidding yourself. I think Micic would tell you there's about 35 guys he has seen this year that he would rather wrestle than Kayla to advance. Good luck to all these kids...

I don't think that he would tell you that, I know Micic and his family and the fact is he wouldn't say that at all. She is a good wrestler and not to take anything away from her or her family and or her teammates, her season will end when she faces Micic. She has not wrestled anyone close to his caliber, and that is the hard truth. Good Luck to all.

Micic beat her in 2010 6-0  3-2 for 1st and 2nd at the free style state finals in 2010.  In 2009 Micic beat her 6-0 at folkstyle state in 2009.  Now here is some results from 2007.  Kayla def. has a chance to win. 

ISWA Folkstyle State Finals (03/10 - 03/10/2007)

Novice - 60 (1st)

Champ. Round 1: Kayla Miracle (Bloomington) over Codey Voegel (Evansville) (Pin 2:23)

Quarterfinal: Kayla Miracle (Bloomington) over Brian Rassbach (Avon) (Pin 1:57)

Semifinal: Kayla Miracle (Bloomington) over James Beck (Mishawaka) (Dec 2-0)

1st Place Match: Kayla Miracle (Bloomington) over Stevan Micic (Cedar Lake) (Dec 6-4)

Micic beat her in 2010 6-0   3-2 for 1st and 2nd at the free style state finals in 2010.  In 2009 Micic beat her 6-0 at folkstyle state in 2009.  Now here is some results from 2007.  Kayla def. has a chance to win. 

ISWA Folkstyle State Finals (03/10 - 03/10/2007)

Novice - 60 (1st)

Champ. Round 1: Kayla Miracle (Bloomington) over Codey Voegel (Evansville) (Pin 2:23)

Quarterfinal: Kayla Miracle (Bloomington) over Brian Rassbach (Avon) (Pin 1:57)

Semifinal: Kayla Miracle (Bloomington) over James Beck (Mishawaka) (Dec 2-0)

1st Place Match: Kayla Miracle (Bloomington) over Stevan Micic (Cedar Lake) (Dec 6-4)

[move]2011    2011      2011    2011    MICIC      2011      2011    2011  2011    MICIC    2011    2011      2011    2011    [/move]

My son was in this weight class at freestyle state last year, Miracle wrestled a very smart match, but the strategy appeared to be to prevent Micic from his offense (he leg laced everyone).  She couldn't execute any offense.  I don't think anyone else there could beat her (and she did wrestle all the tough opponents that day), but this tournament was all Micic and he was definately on a different level, no one was going to beat him.

I don't think that he would tell you that, I know Micic and his family and the fact is he wouldn't say that at all. She is a good wrestler and not to take anything away from her or her family and or her teammates, her season will end when she faces Micic. She has not wrestled anyone close to his caliber, and that is the hard truth. Good Luck to all.

You've missed the point Dawg, Micic has had 30 easier matches (the match scores tell you that) this year than his match with Kayla!!! Also the fact that she has beat him in the 6th grade or so would tell you she is a threat even if he's the favorite. Good luck to both....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.