Postponed?

They reallllllly need to give a weight allowance for individual regs! It's one thing thatcwe can't prac cause schools r close but we can't even go to any of the gyms cause ther r closed too! The whole torn is pretty much shut down! The gyms, schools, churches, stores, tons of businesses! It's impossible to loose weight

They reallllllly need to give a weight allowance for individual regs! It's one thing thatcwe can't prac cause schools r close but we can't even go to any of the gyms cause ther r closed too! The whole torn is pretty much shut down! The gyms, schools, churches, stores, tons of businesses! It's impossible to loose weight

Use your imagination :)  You have nothing else to do  besides lose weight.....work out in your garage, bundle up and run in the snow... do push ups, sit ups

To all wrestlers coaches and fans of the 4 teams at Martinsville team regional-PM, BS, Franklin, and Avon- we are postponed until tomorrow night. If they can not go then( we will find out at  10 am tomorrow morning) then it will be on Monday.  

All pm wrestlers contact Coach Tonte

I would assume and I don't have the bulletin with me( so someone with winter bulletin in your possession right now), that tomorrow night we would get an additional pound above the team 1lb that we always get. Also ,and this is tricky, what about Monday with kids not getting to practice Sunday?  

The Zionsville Team regional is postponed to Thursday for now with the wrestler's getting an extra lb for no practice (4 total). My AD told me that if it is postponed again until Monday, the wrestlers would get that extra pound (4 total) based on an IHSAA e-mail.  Wrestler's should confirm with coaches once the e-mail goes out to AD's before counting on the extra pound for Monday.  One of the participating teams does not have electricity at the school, so we are in a wait and see mode until later today.  Good luck to all teams involved.  Here is some of the e-mail I recieved:

Center Directors,

As the weather worsens please plan accordingly.  Should you need to cancel tomorrow (2-2-11), contact the IHSAA offices prior to cancellation to let us know.  The hope is that you can then compete on Thursday (2-3-11) evening.  If that is not possible, move the contest date to Monday (2-7-11).  Again, contact us here at the IHSAA prior to cancellation.

If any team is not allowed to practice on Wednesday and you compete on Thursday, each wrestler gets the requisite weight allowance which would be scratch +4.  (Two pounds growth, 1 pound for the Team Regional, and 1 pound for the lost day of practice.  (pp. 132, 133 and 146 of the Winter Bulletin)

Should you have to reschedule for Monday (2-7-11), all participants will be allowed the scratch +4 weight allowance because Sunday practice is not allowed.

Robert E. Faulkens

Assistant Commissioner

Indiana High School Athletic Association

YOU'RE WELCOME  ;D

IwvoTDoO9Hg

The only thing i dont understand is at adams central, tomorrow is the first day for a make up, then it goes to monday. It seems like tuesday would be a more logical solution, allowing the wrestlers to practice a day before the meet. Because I believe you cant have a team practice on sunday. Just a thought.

The only thing i dont understand is at adams central, tomorrow is the first day for a make up, then it goes to monday. It seems like tuesday would be a more logical solution, allowing the wrestlers to practice a day before the meet. Because I believe you cant have a team practice on sunday. Just a thought.

And a good thought at that.  However, girls basketball sectionals start tuesday so that would be a no go.

I think you can practice with a unpaid coach if thats an option.

Don't CIA kids practice on sunday?

Maybe (or likely) I don't understand the rules, but I thought you couldn't practice with athletes from other schools during the season. People have been DQed at state for that before, correct?

Maybe (or likely) I don't understand the rules, but I thought you couldn't practice with athletes from other schools during the season. People have been DQed at state for that before, correct?

According to The Aged Elder, yes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.