Former Wrestler Steve Siokos....

naco228

I knew Steve and just talked with him a few days ago. I was shocked when I heard the news this morning. His ticket round match his senior year is one of the most memorable matches I've ever seen. My thoughts and prayers are with the Siokos family.

RIP Steve. Great kid. My prayers go out to his family. I remember meeting him at a region practice back when we were in middle school and from that point on we'd briefly talk at each tournament whether it be in season our off-season freestyle tournaments and wish each other luck. Loved watchin his cinderella run to the state semi finals his senior year! Awesome kid and will be missed lots!!!

Tried to write something earlier and had to stop! I've been coaching for 19 years and Steve's ticket round match was one of the most memorable ones I've ever coached! Steve you could always bring a smile to my face and it was a pleasure to have coached a young man such as yourself! I have always told my wrestlers that I would always be there for them, I wish I could have been there for you. I am really having a hard time believing that this has happened. May you find peace and know you will always be in my prayers! I'm going to miss you buddy.

I know Steve's dad better then I knew Steve but by all accounts he seemed like a really good kid and this just breaks my heart to hear about anyone that young no longer with us. I think after recently becoming a father myself and like I said knowing Steve's dad this is especially hard for me.  For any of you young kids out there, this is a very permanent solution to a very temporary problem. Nothing is worth taking your life over and the problems you have today are minor in the big picture of life. Please kids dont ever do this to your parents and loved ones or especially yourself. Talk to someone, ANYONE, and please get help.

Thank you Dolphholic for stating my thoughts 100% and it needed to be said, you are right on the money. What might be bad today will be great tomorrow.

Please, Please talk to someone if need be.

My Deepest Condolences to the Siokas Family.

Mike Adams

Funeral Services posted ....

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nwitimes/obituary.aspx?n=steven-j-siokos&pid=140588081

Funeral services will be held Saturday, March 13, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at St. Mary Catholic Church, 525 N. Broad Street, Griffith, IN   

Friends may meet with the family on Friday, March 12, 2010 from 2:00-8:00 p.m. at the White Funeral Home, 921 W. 45th Ave., Griffith, IN.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.