Upsets at state

stickittoem

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know how many people would consider this an upset on the basis of Quiroz being at state and beating a very good Tyler Baker last year, but i think Conner Lefever has the tools to beat him friday night. I think it will be a one of the many interesting matches on friday night!

I dont know how many people would consider this an upset on the basis of Quiroz being at state and beating a very good Tyler Baker last year, but i think Conner Lefever has the tools to beat him friday night. I think it will be a one of the many interesting matches on friday night!

this would def be an upset and i would have to say this is highly unlikely to happen but never count anyone out its why you wrestle the matches never know what will happen

I am sorry but I think we will see the end of his run.   He has the ability, but he is on the mat with a whole different breed than he has been wrestling for the most part all year.

There are now 15 other Weiss and Stein's in the brackets.

He may make it to Saturday Morning...But I have a sneaking feeling that is where it may end.

Hate to say it...

if all four were to him how did he manage 4th he cant lose twice to him in one day

Norton hasnt wrestled anyone this year, huh? Faurote has Norton on his back both times at the buzzer. I would say that is some competition, man. Ya Faurote may not be at state but he sure gave norton a hell of a run for his money and he still should get some credit for what he did!

Faurote did give Norton a lot of trouble and i can promise everyone here in the next 2 year Faurote will make a lot of noise at state. He is a very talented wrestler and has a bright future in this sport

Must have good support at home I guess.

Faurote did give Norton a lot of trouble and i can promise everyone here in the next 2 year Faurote will make a lot of noise at state. He is a very talented wrestler and has a bright future in this sport

I second this statement, Brooks Faurote wrestled Norton and give him all that he wanted, both matches coming down to the wire, and not to mention he has a record with Heistand of 1-2 i believe. Another prime example of adding wrestlebacks to the Semi States and still taking only the top 3 from regionals!!! Just my opinion though!

I second this statement, Brooks Faurote wrestled Norton and give him all that he wanted, both matches coming down to the wire, and not to mention he has a record with Heistand of 1-2 i believe. Another prime example of adding wrestlebacks to the Semi States and still taking only the top 3 from regionals!!! Just my opinion though!

I am pretty sure it was the other way w/Heistand -- Brooks beat him at Team regionals but lost to him during the season and at regionals - I agree though his story is why there should be wrestlebacks!

I am pretty sure it was the other way w/Heistand -- Brooks beat him at Team regionals but lost to him during the season and at regionals - I agree though his story is why there should be wrestlebacks!

You need to re-read what he posted.  He said that Faurote was 1-2 against Heistand, which means one win and two losses.  That would be one WIN at Team Regional, with a regular season LOSS and IND Regional LOSS.

Possibilities:

103 Brooks over phillips

112 Randle/Todd over Kuhn/Beck (what a quarter finals cluster!)

119 Kieffer over Bradley

I don't believe any of these would be upsets, but maybe a little shocking to some...

AGREED!!!!!

i seem to remember people saying Cashe wouldn't get touched last year...and he had to settle for third....

anyone can get beat that's why we have the matches

haha who did he get beat by?? oh thats right Tsirtsis lol.  He wont be touched but anything is possibe thats why they wrestle the matches. Things happen

I think that Vlahose and Fudurich could pull off a couple of win's at 160...Willis and Quiroz will be a rematch from Middle School State.  First time that I have ever seen Tyler close to his back.......but fought off of it and won.....All of them are very, very good kids and wrestlers....What a great weekend....

i have to go with luis acuna form portage at 135... i think he can go all the way because all the people who he lost to... are all at the top of the brackets and everytime this kid face somebody the first time he wins and he beat some really good kids this year so im going with a big upset with luis (the dancing machine) acuna!!!! ;D

i have to go with luis acuna form portage at 135... i think he can go all the way because all the people who he lost to... are all at the top of the brackets and everytime this kid face somebody the first time he wins and he beat some really good kids this year so im going with a big upset with luis (the dancing machine) acuna!!!! ;D

135 is up for grabs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.