Middle School State

jchas

According to the flyer (and I believe it's the same one that Rex used last year) it reads:

Anything that you wear during a wrestling match EXCEPT HEADGEAR.

This would include singlet, knee-pad(s), socks/shoes. I weighed Jake's stuff, excluding the headgear, and it came out to 2.0lbs.

So, in essence, omit the HEADGEAR.  :)

The 3lb allowance is very good to use because I am sure the bigger guys will have apparel/equipment that weigh more but all in all, I like the 3lbs.

Im going to buy a USA card online at ISWA site. The site states that i can bring the paypal receipt as proof since i wont receive card in time... I have two questions ..will a receipt work for sure and will it have the USA card number on the reciept ?

I was just looking online at last years results. I noticed they do not use line brackets, they use vertical pairings. No biggie, but can someone explain the scoring to me? I looked at a final round match and it was as follows.

Dec 2-0,3-0,4-1

So is that by period, and it was actually 9-1? Or is it like freestyle?

I was just looking online at last years results. I noticed they do not use line brackets, they use vertical pairings. No biggie, but can someone explain the scoring to me? I looked at a final round match and it was as follows.

Dec 2-0,3-0,4-1

So is that by period, and it was actually 9-1? Or is it like freestyle?

I would hope they use line brackets - it is a folkstyle tourney and should be ran like one.  We do not use vertical paring at any of our high school meets or iswa state finals and this one should not be any different. 

80 looks like it is going to be a dog fight.  Several good kids in there.

I am looking forward to some of those matches.    The draw will be huge!

Baker

Ford

Chastain

Ellis

johnson

Pruitt

Hughes

Are all very solid.  I am sure some of the guys from way up north and down south are solid as well.

This should be fun to watch.

It is my understanding that line brackets will be used this year...not vertical pairing. Vertical pairing was used last year due to some miscommunication when setting the tournament up on trackwrestling. That is not the case this year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.