Stein vs. Weiss - Castle Sectional

Jon H

Man I would love to see this match in person.  I guess I will have to wait until the championship of the Regional, Semi-state, and dare I say it...........

Stein is undefeated and ranked 2nd.  Weiss has one loss (to Stein in O.T. back in November) and is ranked 3rd.

Bluebolt - text me some updates during this match.

That will be a great battle all the way to Conseco!! The 171 Evansville semi state is brutal with Brandt from Avon and I would say it is a toss up between these 3. I know the other semi-states don't want to draw into the Evansville 171.

Geez you will have Brandt as a #1, Goldman will probably be a #1 from his regional, Browner will be a #1 from his regional, then you have Stein, Weiss, and Boots all in the same regional.  Their could be some interesting ticket round match ups and a couple guys deserving of going to Conseco are going home. 

I have personally wrestle Weiss before at Semi State last year in our ticket match. He beat me 4-2, and I will say at the time I gave him everything I had. He's an amazing wrestler and I wish him the best this season. I went down to 145 and he went up to 171 but I wouldn't mind a rematch. As for Stein, I've never wrestled him personally but I've seen him wrestle several times and it's impressive. Once again good luck to both of these guys.

I have personally wrestle Weiss before at Semi State last year in our ticket match. He beat me 4-2, and I will say at the time I gave him everything I had. He's an amazing wrestler and I wish him the best this season. I went down to 145 and he went up to 171 but I wouldn't mind a rematch. As for Stein, I've never wrestled him personally but I've seen him wrestle several times and it's impressive. Once again good luck to both of these guys.

Sampson, good luck this weekend, im counting on you proving the rankings guy wrong.  I watch the match, it was a great one. 

Geez you will have Brandt as a #1, Goldman will probably be a #1 from his regional, Browner will be a #1 from his regional, then you have Stein, Weiss, and Boots all in the same regional.  Their could be some interesting ticket round match ups and a couple guys deserving of going to Conseco are going home. 

Yeah, 4 of the top 7 in the same semi state plus Goldman and Boots, absolutely brutal. Dale, Duckworth and Bratcher are all separated and are probably happy they dont have this dilema. 

Should be some great matches all over...I am REALLY looking forward to the one between the local weather casters and they explination as to why this huge blizzard of 1 inch of snow missed us

LOL

It's sectional time!  OF COURSE IT WILL SNOW!!!!!

True and add Boots from Mater Dei to the mix.  Very tough class!

I just don't see Boots at the same level as the others.  Very serviceable wrestler, talented, a lot of heart, but just not at the same point as the others.  171 is jus tlike the other classes this year in the area, there are rather pronounced differences in the skill level from school to school...but the teams as a whole match up VERY well...

Just my 2 cents... 

I just don't see Boots at the same level as the others.  Very serviceable wrestler, talented, a lot of heart, but just not at the same point as the others.   171 is jus tlike the other classes this year in the area, there are rather pronounced differences in the skill level from school to school...but the teams as a whole match up VERY well...

Just my 2 cents...   

The information on the rankings page has Brandt with a 1-0 win over Boots. I think that would put Boots on the same level as the others.

The information on the rankings page has Brandt with a 1-0 win over Boots. I think that would put Boots on the same level as the others.

And I am just going on what I have seen with my own eyes.

Like I said...my 2 Cents

I like your 2 cents blue bolt!

I had a very good 171 in 98 and we come out of the sectional as runner-up to Hardy, and then draw into a Regional with Jared Williams and the MD kid (name escapes me). Those 3 end up 1, 2, and 4th I believe!

JB

Big brothers couldn't make it down  :( .  

That is exactly what those two need on the way to State, good competition to push them and get them ready for the big show.  Two totally different body builds and each use what they have very well.

Look forward to seeing the video.

Has anybody posted anything about the other finals? score/details  *edit*  nevermind  http://www.ihsaa.org/dnn/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=LKbp06J24Cg%3d&tabid=754

This was a great match.  Weiss won.  I think the final was 7-3.  Lots of action.  Lots of scrambling.  Lots of athleticism.

Good action in 1st period.  Stein got in way deep on a single towards the end of the period near the edge of the mat.  He starts to pull Weiss back to the center with his leg up.  Weiss tries to mule towards the edge a couple of times then just leaps down to Steins leg and wins a scramble to go ahead 2-0.  I think Stein reversed in the first and it was 2-2. 

In the second Weiss escapes and again scores with a counter move.  UP 5-2. 

In the third Stein escapes. Good action appeared Stein might have had a TD one time on the edge, but didn't get the call.  Stein tries a desperation throw slips off.  7-3.

Great match.  These two young men showe d great sportmanship.  At the podium Stein shook Weiss's hand.  The were smiling and talking to each other.  I don't know what they said but it might have been something like "same time, same place, next week."

I was impressed with the way these two wrestled and conducted themselves off the mat.

Nick,

I couldn't agree more.  Two outstaning young men who obviously respect one another and the programs they wreestle for and against.

One addition to these fine observations, Stein (as the Number 1 seed) moved through the top bracket with little effort, while Weiss as th 2 had a much tougher Semi Finals match with Warren of Castle.  The score was not really an indicator of the intensity of that match and Weiss wrestled a smart and energetic match.  When the finals rolled around Weiss was clearly on a mission to stake his claim. 

Overall one heck of a day of wrestling.  We got to see one young man totally blow up his entire weight class and wrestle like we all knew he can, and we watched others earn their tickets to the toughest regional out there through some tremendous efforts. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.