girl wrestling

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that Miss Hildebrandt is seeded number one at the Mishawaka sectional, does anyone want to offer her projected finish? I have been very impressed with Martsolf recently and I recognize Ferdig's name, but what are her chances of making it out of sectional and/or winning the whole thing? Looking at the other sectional, I think if she were to make the finals she might have a shot of making it to Semi-State.

Any Penn fans know which 6 103 pounders she has beaten this year?

I see that Miss Hildebrandt is seeded number one at the Mishawaka sectional, does anyone want to offer her projected finish? I have been very impressed with Martsolf recently and I recognize Ferdig's name, but what are her chances of making it out of sectional and/or winning the whole thing? Looking at the other sectional, I think if she were to make the finals she might have a shot of making it to Semi-State.

Any Penn fans know which 6 103 pounders she has beaten this year?

I think she is actually 13-1 on the season.  Mishawaka brackets are notoriously sketchy with regards to the records.

I won't say where i think miss hildebrandt will finish.... i never make strong predictions so as not to put any wrestler behing the 8 ball by being the bulletin board material for their opponent.

That being said, I think the semi finals is going to be a very interesting match. Martsolf wrestled witous very well, probably the best I can remember personally see anyone wrestle Witous (mind you this is a small sample scale). I also know that Mishawaka's JV gave Hildebrandt all she could handle in the JV match between the two teams. I wonder how close Hildebrandt and Witous were in terms of ability, I also wonder how close Misahwaka's JV was to Martsolf in ability. My guess is that if Hildebrandt wins that semi final, she will place 2nd to Ferdig, this is just a guess. However, if she loses to marsolf, it is going to be very interesting between her and Johnson for 3rd and 4th. She already beat him once this year. My guess is she finishes 2nd or 3rd, however, 103 is a very open weight class and she could just as well finish 1st or 4th as well.

I am pretty sure all the records are accuate except for 103.  Anita Weaver, Coach Smith's daughter, does our bracketing and said there was some issue with 103 that screwed up records...I believe everyting after 103 is correct.

As far as Al Smith Classic records, I am a computer idiot so I am not sure....but coaches send in rosters ahead of time...maybe that is part of the reason.  I will ask about it...

Thanks! Darrick

I am pretty sure all the records are accuate except for 103.  Anita Weaver, Coach Smith's daughter, does our bracketing and said there was some issue with 103 that screwed up records...I believe everyting after 103 is correct.

As far as Al Smith Classic records, I am a computer idiot so I am not sure....but coaches send in rosters ahead of time...maybe that is part of the reason.  I will ask about it...

Thanks! Darrick

Just nitpicking coach.

I just have to say that with some of the characters on this message board and the title of the topic, I'm proud that everyone showed restraint and maturity and didn't drag things into the gutter.  Bravo Indianamat.com board members!!

Thank you....

I just have to say that with some of the characters on this message board and the title of the topic, I'm proud that everyone showed restraint and maturity and didn't drag things into the gutter.  Bravo Indianamat.com board members!!

maybe we are becoming more liberal, i mean accepting of this issue in Indaina. ;-)

ok... so maybe decbell is right. Only Brooks and Weese at the Plymouth sectional has a great record.... whoever finishes top 2 from the Mishawaka secional should go on to Semi State without too much difficulty.

In regards to Micheala Hutchison, she comes from a pretty stellar wrestling family.  Her brother Eli was a 4x state champ and is at Boise State.  Brother Zeb was a 2x state champ.  Eli and Zeb were both AA's at fargo at least once.  Her sister Melina placed 3rd in state and two of her younger siters have also qualified for the state tournament.  Micheala beat #14 ranked 125 lbs Alan Bartlelli, Boise State, in the junior high state championship (two years later Alan pinned her in the HS State finals).  Micheala placed 2,1,4,5 at the high school state meet. 

In Minnesota last season a female wrestler named Elissa Reinsma of  Fulda/Murray County Central wrestled at the state tourney.

(She did not place.)

This season she is currently ranked 5th in class AA in Minnesota at 103.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.