State Champ Predictions!!

BABAMF

Yeah but not by Mullins!

it should be a good match should both reach the final, it may even by a semi-final match sorta like walpole-howe was a four years ago, o and by the way Mullins has that height advantage that may come in handy because they both are very sound technicians. Obviously heart and desire willl determine this match No one is unbeatable this year. Sorry but Howe is & was a special kid.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My predictions:

103: Phillips-UC

112: Campbell-NC

119: Hawkins-CP

125:Wright- WC

130:Mullins- NC  ;D

135: Hiestand-YT

140:Porras-HB

145:Welch-CAS

152:Bennett-AH

160:McMurray-POR

171:Duckworth-UC

189:Atwood-DEL

215:Green-KOK * He's gonna be good in the tight matches, but will have to shoot to win

285: Janney-YT

Obviously heart and desire willl determine this match No one is unbeatable this year. Sorry but Howe is & was a special kid.

More than likely,Tsirtsis just being the better wrestler will determine the match...Mullins is a tough kid no doubt, but I just dont think he is on Jason's level..

Oh and on your comparison to andrew...Im in no way a CP fan, but if you are going to compare the 2 Jason is already off to a better start than andrew was at his age   ;D I know Howe had a tall order with Humphrey in his way, but so did Tsirtsis with Cashe...

More than likely,Tsirtsis just being the better wrestler will determine the match...Mullins is a tough kid no doubt, but I just dont think he is on Jason's level..

Oh and on your comparison to andrew...Im in no way a CP fan, but if you are going to compare the 2 Jason is already off to a better start than andrew was at his age   ;D I know Howe had a tall order with Humphrey in his way, but so did Tsirtsis with Cashe...

It's not how u start it's how ya finish BOOKER T, ur killing me, yes tsirtis is a great wrestler and has the best chance to win, but i just want to add a wrinkle in the state finals predictions, :-)

in all honesty i believe if tsirtsis will lose, which i think he may, it will be to nick schrader. schrader only has one loss and it was a 3-1 match to him and it was a close match. just an opinion though

Shocked to see a mishawaka fan thinks that if Tsirtsis loses it would be to a Mishawaka wrestler. ::)

Little Tsirtsis had a much tougher road to a title last year beating Cashe who is doing great as a true frosh in college. There will be no upset at state on the horizon at 130.

103- Philips (Union County)

112- Kuhn (Evansville Reitz)

119- Hawkins (Crown Point)

125- Wright (Warren Central)

130- Tsirtsis ( Crown Point)

135- Barlow ( Bloomington South)

140- Porras (Hobart)

145- Roach ( Crown Point)

152- Tonte ( Perry Meridian)

160- Willis ( Cathedral)

171- Duckworth ( Union County)

189- Stevenson ( Indian Creek)

215-  Cleveland ( Lowell )

Hwt- Janney (Yorktown)

103: Brooks (Warsaw)

112: Kief (Franklin)

119: Lovejoy (Luers)

125: Wright (Warren Central)

130: Tsirtsis (Crown Point)

135: Berryman (Highland)

140: Porras (Hobart)

145: Roach (Crown Point)

152: Bennett (Highland)

160: McMurray (Portage)

171: Stein (Princeton)

189: Atwood (Delphi)

215: Cleveland (Lowell)

285: Travis (Merrillville)

Sorry if i went to mishawaka but bias aside i believe that in all honesty. comparing cashe to nick yeah its not the same but its a different year and schrader is wrestling really well and is capable of wrestling with anyone, seeing as how he had josh harper in the room with him for 3 years. a 3-1 match earlier in the year makes me think that if it is possible he would be the one to do it.

Shocked to see a mishawaka fan thinks that if Tsirtsis loses it would be to a Mishawaka wrestler. ::)

Little Tsirtsis had a much tougher road to a title last year beating Cashe who is doing great as a true frosh in college. There will be no upset at state on the horizon at 130.

yes but we got to see our first turn around with weiss and stein this past weekend where weiss won 7-3 over stein who he had loss to so anything can happen in wrestling anyone can be put to their back, or can have a bad day of wrestling. this is why i love the postseason records dont matter just for seeding everyone is 0-0 at the beggining of sectionals. but i dont see tsirtsis  losing anytime soon or ever again in high school.

To reply to Extra6's question I think that the lack of seeing the southern wrestlers in big matches during the season may be letting some of them go unnoticed.  Rueger has soundly defeated weinzapfle in both of there matches. Weinzapfel has defeated Weekly who has had a close over time match with the ranking guys #1 pick, Barlow.  And that is why I believe that I will not have a pick for the 135 lbers until we see rueger and barlow as well as a couple others face off at the semi state in Evansville.

Furthermore I also have seen the mishawaka kid wrestle, and I wish that Norton would have been healthy for the connersville tourney cause I believe him and rueger would have been the talk for quite some time.

The last part of my message is not very clear, i notiticed. I meant to say that Guerra shouldn't be counted out and I would have liked to have seen Norton verse Rueger at the Connersville tourny. That would give me a good Idea of where I thought Norton would place in state.

103: Philips Union County

112: Ayersman Lake central

119: Kieffer Roncalli

125: Wright Warren Central

130: Tsirtsis Crown Point

135: Barlow Bloomington South

140: Porras Hobart

145: Welch Castle

152: Bennet Anderson Highland

160: Willis Cathedral

171: Duckworth Union County

189: Atwood Delphi

215: Cleveland Lowell

285: Travis Merrillville

Taking a few upsets at Conseco this year

Has any wrestler  fallin from anyones  personal state champs picks??? I think 135: Hiestand-YT  from my picks fell when he lost at team regionals, kinda bounced back last saturday,  but he will make me feel a lot better if he wins this week at FW

103: Hall Harrison

112: Kuhn Reitz

119: Kieffer Roncalli

125: Wright Warren Central

130: Tsirtsis Crown Point

135: Barlow Bloomington South

140: Porras Hobart

145: Welch Castle

152: Welch Castle

160: Willis Cathedral

171: Duckworth Union County

189: Rosebrock Castle

215: Froelich Tell City

285: Travis Merrillville

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.