Rankings Updated 12/16 at 1 AM

RankingsGuy

Vlahos goes from #1 at 171 to a steady decline to #6 at 160?  Seriously?  Oh, it must be his 26-0 record that's hurting him!!!

He could move back to 171 and I bet he would be ranked #2.  I hope the young man's self esteem can withstand this terrible blow.

Vlahos goes from #1 at 171 to a steady decline to #6 at 160?  Seriously?  Oh, it must be his 26-0 record that's hurting him!!!

My guess would be because 160 is strong at the top with state placers from the previous year.  I guess you could be right, that record is a downfall.  ;D

A ranking is a ranking. You earn it at the end of the year, until then it is just a discussion and guide for people to go by. Vlahos could be ranked  4th or 5th right now at 160, but number 2 at 171. 160 is pretty stacked at the top this year. We will see at the end of the season! Until then....ENJOY!

Vlhaos beat White Mish. 1-0/ that might have something to do with it plus 160 is tougher than 171.  Im just saying

Why isnt nobody talking about Frosh Sliga losing 8-2 against a defending state champ.? Or did i miss it

Vlhaos beat White Mish. 1-0/ that might have something to do with it plus 160 is tougher than 171.  Im just saying

Why isnt nobody talking about Frosh Sliga losing 8-2 against a defending state champ.? Or did i miss it

171 has just as many state placers as 160 also coupled with the fact that Stein, Weiss , Bratcher, Morin and Dale moved up to 171 , I'd say 171 is way tougher than 160. 160's been down since Howe left. Sure B. Runyan was a stud as is McMurray but its no wonder Vlahos moved down to 160.

Yes, Robinson beat Roman. I do think Roman the better wrestler. He's way better on his feet. It just goes to show that anyone can get caught in a headlock(or two or three). Robinson's really quick to it after an escape. Noblesville teaches throws extemely well. Not a big fan of the style, but it can be very effective.

Yes, Robinson beat Roman. I do think Roman the better wrestler. He's way better on his feet. It just goes to show that anyone can get caught in a headlock(or two or three). Robinson's really quick to it after an escape. Noblesville teaches throws extemely well. Not a big fan of the style, but it can be very effective.

Very true and sometimes when they are coming from every direcion you may not even kn0w what the score is with :20 left. It was a good match and a good duel meet for that matter, several matches decided by a point or two. I will still take Edwards over Roman when they meet again in the HCC.

171 has just as many state placers as 160 also coupled with the fact that Stein, Weiss , Bratcher, Morin and Dale moved up to 171 , I'd say 171 is way tougher than 160. 160's been down since Howe left. Sure B. Runyan was a stud as is McMurray but its no wonder Vlahos moved down to 160.

I totally disagree with you. The top at 160 in my opinion and most unbiased opinions would say that 160 is stacked!

roman may be the better wrestler, but not the best mathmatecian... needs to brush up on simple addition problems to know that he is losing with 20 seconds to go

Western. was a state qualifier freshman year last year was a regional champ but was injured and could not wrestle at semi-state and is undefeated this year.

Dunno why he isnt ranked. I do however know he is wrestlign 135 this weekend at the TL Invite. He will get a chance to prove himself, as he should meet up with McTigue from Delphi who is currently ranked in the top 10 at 135.

Very true and sometimes when they are coming from every direcion you may not even kn0w what the score is with :20 left. It was a good match and a good duel meet for that matter, several matches decided by a point or two. I will still take Edwards over Roman when they meet again in the HCC.

Agreed...he totally lost track of the score. He takes Edwards  down, which he did easily throughout the match. Then, he cuts him with .20 to go thinking he was winning???? He circled for the last .20 when he could taken him down for the win. How embarrassing?!?! Roman will beat him easily in the HCC. Huizar from McCutcheon will handle Jordan as well. I like Jordan and his aggressive style. But head throws only go so far. Please take note Millers. Haven't seen many sweep singles or high crotches this year. Just an opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.