Mishawaka Al Smith Classic Information

Darrick Snyder

Below is information regarding the Mishawaka Al Smith Classic.  This is the actual handout schools are sent regarding the tournament.  It includes information on dates, times, teams, how to get brackets after the seeding meeting, etc.

Thanks!

Darrick

Thirty ? Second Annual

Al Smith Classic

Wrestling Invitational

December 29th & 30th, 2009

PLEASE GIVE COPY TO HEAD WRESTLING COACH AND ATHLETIC DIRECTOR:

Participating Schools:

Bellmont, Calumet, Center Grove, Chesterton, Columbus East, East Noble, Elkhart Memorial, Goshen, Hobart, Jasper, Jimtown, LaPorte, Lake Central, Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, Lowell, Merrillville, Michigan City, Mishawaka, Munster, New Prairie, Northwood, Penn, Peru, Prairie Heights, Princeton Community, S.B. Adams, S.B. Riley, S. B. St. Joseph's, Southport, Valparaiso, Warsaw Community

Entry Fee: $235.00 (Must be paid in advance)

Doors Open: 7:30 AM

Weigh-in Times: Tuesday & Wednesday, Dec. 29th and 30th              8:00 AM

Coaches Meeting: Tuesday, December 29th, 2009                  (Apprx.) 9:15 AM

Wrestling Time:

Tuesday, December 29th, 2009                                            (Apprx.) 10:45 AM

We will wrestle until there are four wrestlers in the losers? bracket and four wrestlers in the winners? bracket.

Wednesday, December 30th 9:00 AM

Small Break between each round

Introduction to Finals 1:30 PM

Finals shortly after 1:30PM introductions

IMPORTANT NOTES: 

1.) Fax or Email Normal Roster ? Monday, December 14th 

EVERY TEAM MUST FAX THEIR NORMAL ROSTER WITH DATE AND CURRENT RECORD TO 574-254-7482 OR EMAIL IT AS AN ATTACHMENT TO snyderd@mishawaka.k12.in.us BY MONDAY, DECEMBER 14th.  Please email if possible.  Send in on form attached or one similar ?faxing or emailing information earlier will save a ton of time.  Changes to your lineup and records can and will be made during the seeding meeting.

2.) Seeding Meeting: SUNDAY, December 27th 10:00AM

Room 120, Mishawaka High School

3.) If you are unable to attend this meeting, your updated line-up with date and records must be faxed to us again at 574-254-7482 or emailed at the above address.  This means that the coaches who do not attend the seeding meeting MUST fax or email as an attachment their lineups TWO times.  DATE BOTH FAXES OR EMAILS PLEASE AND SEND IN ON FORM ATTACHED OR A SIMILAR ONE!  Fax or email once before December 14th and fax or email again with any changes by December 27th. 

4.)  Call Darrick Snyder at school at 574-254-7346 or at home at 574-274-4082 with any questions or concerns.  If we have no line-up and you do not attend the seeding meeting, your team will be dropped from the tournament.

5.) Seeding Criteria are as follows:  Please remember these are in no particular order.

a.) Overall Varsity Record at time of seeding meeting, 2.) Placement in Al Smith tournament last year, 3.) Returning State Finalist, 4.) Returning State Placer, 5.) Head to Head Competition when it necessary and doable.  If it is a ?merry-go-round? argument we look at other criteria.  6.) Advancement last year.

6.) Coaches who do not attend the seeding meeting please understand that there are 32 teams in this tournament.  There are a ton of excellent records.  A good or even great record often does not get you a seed.  Please help us/me get you what your guys deserve.  When you fax in your lineup, tell me who your wrestler has lost to, who his quality wins are against, and especially tell me how he did in Al Smith last year and in tournament series in past.  If we don?t have this information, coaches assume the results were not good.  If you aren?t able to make it, give us extra information on the wrestlers you have which you feel are seed worthy.  It doesn?t guarantee anything, but it can only help.

7.)  HOW TO GET FINAL BRACKETS:

After the seeding meeting, Coach Wes Hobart (New Prairie) will post brackets at the following website address: indianamat.com  They will be posted no more than 24 hours after the seeding meeting. 

Admission:

Tuesday, December 29th $8.00 Everyone All Day

Wednesday, December 30th $8.00 Everyone All Day

Parking:

Lots to the west of the high school will be available for parking.

Awards:

Team trophy to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place teams.  Individual medals for the eight placers in each weight class.  A trophy will be presented to an individual for the most falls in the least amount of time in the winners bracket.

Concessions:

Concessions will be available each day for your convenience. 

Locker Rooms:

Locker rooms will be assigned on the day of the tournament.

Please bring a pad lock for your valuables.  Mishawaka is not responsible for

anything lost, taken or damaged.

Team Passes:

Team passes may be obtained from Gail Klaer as soon as you enter for weigh-in in the new gym.

I can't remember all the teams from last year.  I know that coach Synder is always looking to improve the Al Smith. Can someone tell me what teams got out and which teams are new to the tourney this year. So far I noticed that Munster is new this year.

I can't remember all the teams from last year.  I know that coach Synder is always looking to improve the Al Smith. Can someone tell me what teams got out and which teams are new to the tourney this year. So far I noticed that Munster is new this year.

I know that Benton Central and Rochester were there last year and not on this years list.  Munster and Michigan City appear to be taking their place.

Good News!  My AD and Tournament Director have approved track wrestling for the Al Smith Classic this year!  I am an idiot, though, and can't get a hold of Joe...Joe you are the man and can you call me at school 574- 254-7346 and leave me your number...Tournament Director needs to talk to you and get details...Thanks! Darrick

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.