Cupcake Schedule

Oscar

The vote is in and the winner is......................    It is a tie between Mishawaka and Perry Meridian. This was based on the number of Pins. They each had a gazillion. That is to say, it was goofy ::) I vote for class wrestling!!!!!! ;D

The vote is in and the winner is......................    It is a tie between Mishawaka and Perry Meridian. This was based on the number of Pins. They each had a gazillion. That is to say, it was goofy ::) I vote for class wrestling!!!!!! ;D

Haven't been on the board a ton this year, but I am still surprised...that is only the second class wrestling reference....though I totally agree.

I don't know who Mishawaka wrestled, but Perry had a pretty easy day. The only had two individuals lose on the day. I know Perry was looking forward to a good match with Trinity (KY), as were all of the people watching, but it wasn't even close since it was their reserve team.

As for class wrestling.....no way. The only way I think we should have class wrestling is for the Team state tournament, and it would be unrealistic to do because of all of the teams. Individual state should stay the way it is!

Mishawaka starts their grind this weekend at Traicoff Invite. Perry Meridian will tune up at County Tournament Dec19th for big grind starting Dec. 29th at North Montgomery Duals. Enjoy the cupcakes while you can the "Stud Muffins " are coming. Next up for BD ........cupcake or stud muffin?????? ;D  What do you think HighC?

I don't know who Mishawaka wrestled, but Perry had a pretty easy day. The only had two individuals lose on the day. I know Perry was looking forward to a good match with Trinity (KY), as were all of the people watching, but it wasn't even close since it was their reserve team.

As for class wrestling.....no way. The only way I think we should have class wrestling is for the Team state tournament, and it would be unrealistic to do because of all of the teams. Individual state should stay the way it is!

Nah, class it all.  Only fair way.

Mishawaka starts their grind this weekend at Traicoff Invite. Perry Meridian will tune up at County Tournament Dec19th for big grind starting Dec. 29th at North Montgomery Duals. Enjoy the cupcakes while you can the "Stud Muffins " are coming. Next up for BD ........cupcake or stud muffin?????? ;D   What do you think HighC?

[/quote

Perry Meridian should start this weekend at there place. They are taking on

Avon

Roncalli

New Pal

Mishawaka starts their grind this weekend at Traicoff Invite. Perry Meridian will tune up at County Tournament Dec19th for big grind starting Dec. 29th at North Montgomery Duals. Enjoy the cupcakes while you can the "Stud Muffins " are coming. Next up for BD ........cupcake or stud muffin?????? ;D   What do you think HighC?

[/quote

Perry Meridian should start this weekend at there place. They are taking on

Avon

Roncalli

New Palistine

Sorry !  I saw so many 84-0 scores on their schedule my vision blurred right past those three power matches. There will be a few good matches and match ups but these teams will not really test Perry Meridian. Even though Perry is a little weaker than they have been from the previous 4 years they are still a top 10 team. They should wrestle better competition like these teams all the time  

Mishawaka starts their grind this weekend at Traicoff Invite. Perry Meridian will tune up at County Tournament Dec19th for big grind starting Dec. 29th at North Montgomery Duals. Enjoy the cupcakes while you can the "Stud Muffins " are coming. Next up for BD ........cupcake or stud muffin?????? ;D   What do you think HighC?

I think that Marion County is no cupcake tourney...that's fo sho!!  BD vs. CG on 12/15 then we've got our Giant 16 over break and a meat grinding 6 way  at Franklin Comm on 1/9.  The MIC tourney is no joke either.

I think that Marion County is no cupcake tourney...that's fo sho!!  BD vs. CG on 12/15 then we've got our Giant 16 over break and a meat grinding 6 way  at Franklin Comm on 1/9.  The MIC tourney is no joke either.

I agree . Do you think anyone can challenge Perry for Marion County Title? Dual competition is a better measure if we are competing for a Team Title in February. That is why I refer  to the big grind starting at North Montgomery. Mish and Perry are competing for A team title. They should not be looking for cupcakes to boost their egos in December. See you at the MIC coach. It is the toughest conference in the state. No cupcakes in that Conference!!!!!

Did the Cavemen of Mishawaka prove themselves today or is their schedule still cupcakes??  Just curious because they did very well today.  Not saying they will do this well later on in the season but I think they earned "it" today.. 

Agreed??

Did the Cavemen of Mishawaka prove themselves today or is their schedule still cupcakes??  Just curious because they did very well today.  Not saying they will do this well later on in the season but I think they earned "it" today.. 

Agreed??

Agreed. I think my point is why do they schedule Class 1 teams and not wrestle some of, if not all of, the reserve wrestlers. Five consecutive scores of 84-0 is ,as I said,  :P Goofy.  ;D  Using the school yard as an example, what kind of a kid who out weighs another kid by 100 pounds beats the crap out of him 5 times? This would take the term bullyism to a whole different level. Ever hear the saying " Pick on someone your own size." Top ten teams do not need to run up their scores against class 1 teams. They do this to pad the teams record and the individuals record. The only thing that really should count for these top ten teams is how they do against the top 20. No need to beat up the little guy to prove you can hang and bang with the big guy. Both teams that I mentioned are just the most glaring examples. No disrespect is intended. They both wrestled top 20 competition this past weekend and did well. Bravo!

No goofy scores. Lets leave it at this, when you wrestle class 1 schools or even class 1 teams we should show some respect and mix it up. Do not run up the score and show fans of wrestling we can be a bully. Do not take this personal. If bullyism is not right then how can this be good for wrestling. It is suppose to be a competition not a school yard slaughter.

Some of the teams Mishawaka wrestled last weekend were sectional teams, the others were from the same area that see Mishawaka at the middle school level and in other sports.  All top teams can't see eachother every week like you would like.  It is also pretty much mandated that they wrestle conference teams and is always good to wrestle as many sectional foes as possible for seeding. 

Some of the teams Mishawaka wrestled last weekend were sectional teams, the others were from the same area that see Mishawaka at the middle school level and in other sports.  All top teams can't see eachother every week like you would like.  It is also pretty much mandated that they wrestle conference teams and is always good to wrestle as many sectional foes as possible for seeding.  

The question I would have for you Y2 is, would it be a positive thing for Perry to come to your "house"(Wrestling) and give your kids an 84-0 pasting? As a supporter of class wrestling, I can't believe this is a good thing. I can understand conference foes and even sectional competition but this too would change if they quit pitting Class I teams against Class III teams. Your reference to seeding opens up one more question. Seeding refers to Individual. So what is this a team sport or individual? Seems there are too many contradictions in our sport. I have always contended that it is more of an individual sport. I think I will just stick with that and ignore the 84-0 pastings. 

Oscar,

I am sure Perry's coach wanted to travel a couple hundred miles to wrestle "cupcakes."  I think someone posted that Trinity brought their JV squad because of football.  Mishawaka and Perry Meridian have one of the toughest schedules in the state.  I would have to look at the current team rankings, but I imagine both teams will wrestle at least 10 top 20 teams this year before the state tourney.  What you are suggesting is ridiculous.  For example, the only teams Mish. can wrestle are Perry, CP, Yorktown, Merr., Franklin, Portage, Castle, and MD....this year.  Next year we will have to change that schedule to include some of the young teams in the 10-20 range because they will be in that top class next season.  You make scheduling seem so easy.  Also, I am sure some of those "cupcake" teams enjoy your comments.  How about replying with your geographical location to at least give the cupcakes some locker room material.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.