Cupcake Schedule

Oscar

Oscar,

I am sure Perry's coach wanted to travel a couple hundred miles to wrestle "cupcakes."  I think someone posted that Trinity brought their JV squad because of football.  Mishawaka and Perry Meridian have one of the toughest schedules in the state.  I would have to look at the current team rankings, but I imagine both teams will wrestle at least 10 top 20 teams this year before the state tourney.  What you are suggesting is ridiculous.  For example, the only teams Mish. can wrestle are Perry, CP, Yorktown, Merr., Franklin, Portage, Castle, and MD....this year.  Next year we will have to change that schedule to include some of the young teams in the 10-20 range because they will be in that top class next season.  You make scheduling seem so easy.  Also, I am sure some of those "cupcake" teams enjoy your comments.  How about replying with your geographical location to at least give the cupcakes some locker room material.

Timeinandout

Sorry! Cupcake is a poor choice of words. What I was really referring to was small school teams. If you read all my post I think you will see I understand scheduling is not that easy.I also understand the prowess of top ten teams. But I do not agree with beating the crap out of a smaller opponent and then pounding your chest about your undefeated and how awesome your team is. Is a little humility too much to ask. I once heard a very prominent coach refer to these as feel good tournaments. Depends on which end you are coming from. Don't take it personal. It is all opinion and you know what they say about that :)

Respectfully Oscar

The question I would have for you Y2 is, would it be a positive thing for Perry to come to your "house"(Wrestling) and give your kids an 84-0 pasting? As a supporter of class wrestling, I can't believe this is a good thing. I can understand conference foes and even sectional competition but this too would change if they quit pitting Class I teams against Class III teams. Your reference to seeding opens up one more question. Seeding refers to Individual. So what is this a team sport or individual? Seems there are too many contradictions in our sport. I have always contended that it is more of an individual sport. I think I will just stick with that and ignore the 84-0 pastings.  

Perry and Mishawaka can come visit Garrett anytime.  While they will probably give us a whoopin, they won't beat us 84-0.  

There are maybe 15 teams in the state that can give Perry, MD, Mishawaka, Crown Point, etc good matches.  With wanting to wrestle sectional and local opponents along with mandated conference opponents, there will be some ugly scores.

Perry and Mishawaka can come visit Garrett anytime.  While they will probably give us a whoopin, they won't beat us 84-0.  

There are maybe 15 teams in the state that can give Perry, MD, Mishawaka, Crown Point, etc good matches.  With wanting to wrestle sectional and local opponents along with mandated conference opponents, there will be some ugly scores.

So what I hear you saying is that if wrestling were classed this would be less of an issue....or am I jumping to conclusions?

So what I hear you saying is that if wrestling were classed this would be less of an issue....or am I jumping to conclusions?

Class wrestling is stupid and only for the weak.  Indiana and California are the only tough ones.  The goal of high school athletics is to see who the best in the state is and not have 12 different state champions!  Geeze you class supporters never get it do you?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.