Need Your Ideas and Input..."INDIANA" themed singlet ideas...

samaj

EI Sports and Apparel created a USA Singlet last year and we sold a few of them.  Overall it was a good thing.  We want to create a singlet this year with an INDIANA theme.  We have all seen the corn, the Indy Cars, the State Flag symbols, the State Seal etc. etc.  We are racking our brains for something fresh.  We want to design a singlet and have a few produced and sell them at a few tournaments.

Here's your chance to make your mark.  If you have any ideas, we want to hear them.  You can post them here or email them to me.  Whatever.  Who creative out there? Who has a good unique idea for a singlet?  Help us out and we might even give you a free singlet.

Here's the link to the USA Singlet we did.  We will be getting our final stock shipment on these in about 2 weeks.

http://www.grapplersupplies.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=155&osCsid=kirulv999srn9uev4ojvjkeld2

Jeff Schaefer

EI Sports

eisports@sigecom.net

Some of the issue is Indiana just doesn't have many nationally recognizable landmarks.  Once you do the corn, racing, and flag thing not much is left other than basketball (which obviously wouldn't work).  Could do something similar to the USA singlet with the Indiana flag, Soldiers and Sailors monument, USS Indianapolis maybe, and a few other items even including the corn and racing.  The thing about the singlet in the past is that its been  more like seperate clip art items that didn't flow together.  If we had some really well done collage pictures of these items that blended into each other I think it would stand out much better.

Another possible idea my be to have a collage of several famous Hoosiers that portray why they are famous.  Ton of very unique people have been a part of this state and many are legends in their field.  Not sure how a singlet of famous Hoosiers would look but I can't think of much more that would be unique to Indiana that others would recognize.  I'm sure people come come of with some really cool and crazy designs in genral, but if we are looking for items to represent Indiana that going to be a little more difficult than some other areas of the country.

you have actually already hit on the things we have been considering.  The Monument in Indy, The USS Indianapolis, and a few famous people like Mellencamp etc. etc.  Your right, Indiana is very limited on items such as this. 

Not sure how image license works with some of this but you have plenty of Hoosier legends to choose from. 

Hoagy Carmichael at the piano, Gus Grissom as an astronaut, David Letterman at his desk, John Mellencamp with his guitar (though he's more recent), Red Skelton in his makeup, James Dean in his jacket, Kurt Vonnegut with a book, Jim Davis with Garfield, John Chapman (aka Johnny Appleseed), Abe Lincoln, etc.

You could have a vivid collage of images like the Monument, flag, and the USS Indianapolis on the front part of the singlet.  And even have them blended in with the racetrack and corn images.  Then have some very historic hoosier figures as a shadow/blended image throughout the rest of the red or blue parts of the singlet.  That way its not a color explosion, you can still make out the images, but you also still get a large area of the official red/blue color.

im sorry didnt read the whole thing about this. but i might be being bias becuz im in the military and over seas but it just something i havent seen something for the military people from indiana on a singlet and stuff and im thinking like a flag somethings that say like army marines air force and navy. "THIS GOES FOR YOU WHO SERVE" hha thats the saying right there

There are so many things you are missing.

Indiana is the STONE STATE.  With Bedford Limestone used extensively throughout the country. 

over half of  all other State's Capitols have used Bedford Limestone.  I shouldn't be hard to find Motivational sayigns that are engraved in "OUR"  LIMESTONE.

USE IT AS A BACK DROP.

Indiana is also a leading producer of Marshmellow products.

Other Famous Hoosiers  John Dillinger,  David Letterman, 

What about adding a picture of the Wabash River.....

Hope this helps....

In the world of pop culture, you could make quite a Mt. Rushmore of celebrities with James Dean, Michael Jackson, Axl Rose, Steve McQueen, Cole Porter, Dave Letterman and Kurt Vonnegut.

Michael Jackson?? I don't know many wrestlers who would want him on their singlet.

Or in them for that matter.  ;D

Indiana is known as the "Crossroads of America"...maybe a design inluding the state outline and the interstates that cross in Indy.

What about a design featuring Abe Lincoln? Most people know he was a ruff-and-tumble kid and a BAD A$$ wrestler to boot!! One of the most recognizble Presidents of all time, and he was a wrestler.

Indiana is known as the "Crossroads of America"...maybe a design inluding the state outline and the interstates that cross in Indy.

What about a design featuring Abe Lincoln? Most people know he was a ruff-and-tumble kid and a BAD A$$ wrestler to boot!! One of the most recognizble Presidents of all time, and he was a wrestler.

Like i said the cross roads of america is a great idea. And you could write something like "bigger, faster, stronger" on it, refering to the highways.

Kinda corny, but Indiana is home to the US NAtionals, and has a lot of drivers that work in garges in Indy. Maybe a Top Fuel Dragster with the big ole Hemi, and say "Indiana Horse Power" on it? And you could do a back ground colauge with the rivers, and a corn field and things in Indiana. Or a Hot Rod Scene with James Dean, I believe he wrestled in high school or junior high.

Kinda corny, but Indiana is home to the US NAtionals, and has a lot of drivers that work in garges in Indy. Maybe a Top Fuel Dragster with the big ole Hemi, and say "Indiana Horse Power" on it? And you could do a back ground colauge with the rivers, and a corn field and things in Indiana. Or a Hot Rod Scene with James Dean, I believe he wrestled in high school or junior high.

take away thre corn field, and maybe replace it with an Indy car, a NASCAR, and a motercycle, and this idea I like. Indiana is known world wide for its racing. You could even put in a midget car as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.