H.S football on IndianaMat Wrestlers making some noise!!

Tyler Willis at Cathedral did an outstanding job for the defense....Fumble recovery, saved at least 3 possible Carmel touchdowns...From what I seen, nobody ever got behind him. 

Even though Mark Herman kept calling him Zupancic, we know who you are Tyler....#31

Great Job Tyler

Tyler Willis at Cathedral did an outstanding job for the defense....Fumble recovery, saved at least 3 possible Carmel touchdowns...From what I seen, nobody ever got behind him. 

Even though Mark Herman kept calling him Zupancic, we know who you are Tyler....#31

Great Job Tyler

Great job Ty, we was hoping to here how he had done. He is going to have a great H.S carreer, he is a young soph. just 15 having the success in wrestling last season and then football for the powerhouse Irish football team AMAZING keep up the good work..

James Travis really impressed me on the field last friday. I think he has a real good chance of playing D1-aa or maybe even D1 ( on the deffensive side of the ball). Good luck to you in the future.

Another good weekend for Tyler Willis at Cathedral.. The only starting sophomore in the line up....Knocking off two class 5A teams in a row......

Keep up the great work Tyler....and bring it back to the mat.....

• 2 weeks later...

WL Harrison junior Daniel Campbell has had three monster games so far for the 5A Raiders at middle linebacker.  Double digit tackles per game, several tackles for loss, QB sacks, forced fumbles, and an interception.  I am enjoying the heck out of watching him play!!!

Any injuries to football players who wrestle? Marion's Darryn Scott who was a two-way starter on the offensive/defensive lines tore his MCL and is done for the season. Hate to see his football season come to an end but he was giving the option of waiting until the end of the season to have it operated on, but he is having surgery next week so he can be back for wrestling.

Thanks Navy for the kind words about Trey at QB. Here is his stats which includes two games where he played only one series in the second half. He has Jake Stevenson who will be a Heavy Weight for us at center who does a great job and we got Aaron Stevenson to come back out and he is playing D- end . I think our football coach now wishes we would have talked more kids into wrestling from age 7.

4 - games 46 -73    886 Yards Passing    10 TD's    0 INT    Most important stat....  Team is 4-0

Thanks Navy for the kind words about Trey at QB. Here is his stats which includes two games where he played only one series in the second half. He has Jake Stevenson who will be a Heavy Weight for us at center who does a great job and we got Aaron Stevenson to come back out and he is playing D- end . I think our football coach now wishes we would have talked more kids into wrestling from age 7.

4 - games 46 -73     886 Yards Passing    10 TD's    0 INT     Most important stat....  Team is 4-0

impressive stats, isnt he only a jr.  I was impressed with A. Stevenson at the state finals this year, he is a beast for a soph.  If his bro is anything like him hes going to be tough.  All football players should wrestle.  Dexter Larimore saw alot of playing time for ohio state against USC yesterday

I.Creek should have no problem winning out, their biggest test will come from H. Hills in the sectional.    In regionals they would prolly have ev. memorial

4 - games 46 -73    886 Yards Passing    10 TD's    0 INT    Most important stat....  Team is 4-0

From the sounds of it the Pats could have used him this weekend. 10 TDs, no INT? That's impressive.

Your right it was a mis print not 22.5 its 25.2

Jeffersonville at Providence

When: 7:30 p.m.

Records: Jeffersonville 3-2; Providence 3-2

Game notes: Jeffersonville won last year's game 33-20 and leads the series 35-14. The Red Devils haven't lost at Providence since 1997. Providence's Spencer Corrao has rushed for 850 yards and six TDs this season. Jeff's defense allowed only 119 total yards while beating Floyd Central 14-0 last week, Jeff's first shutout in 20 games. Providence's Jacob Golembeski leads the state in tackles at 25.2 per game. Providence is No.15 in Class 2-A.

Sagarin ratings: Jeffersonville 65.39; Providence 57.41

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.