Congrats Daniel Young

drewboy78

Congrats to an outstanding young man who joined an Elite Club as an IHSAA State Champion, but also the even more prestigious club......."Red Headed State Champs Club".  They don't just let anyone in!!!

Welcome to the Club Daniel Young, we are very proud of you!

The Sandefer Family

I've been watching this young man since early in his career and he has done nothing but impress me with this work ethic and dedication.  It seems not to long ago that Daniel was a a fresh face 6th grader I was warning my 8th grade wrestlers about before a dual meet.  I'm glad to see him finally accomplish his goal of being a state champion.  I am also happy to see hear that he has accomplished another goal in attending the US Military Academy at West Point.  Great career Daniel and good luck in the future.  You have done your family and the state of Indiana proud with your accomplishments.

is young related to paul young from bloomington/iu?

yes, he is featured in oe of the toe to joes too, you can read about it there

He comes from a long line of brothers that were sucessful wrestlers.  His oldest brother (maybe second oldest not sure) was actually his coach in middle school at Jackson Creek in Bloomington.  I'm wanting to say that brother or another one also coaches JT at Bloomington South at one point, as well.  I'm getting old enough that its hard to remember these things

Congrats to an outstanding young man who joined an Elite Club as an IHSAA State Champion, but also the even more prestigious club......."Red Headed State Champs Club".  They don't just let anyone in!!!

The Sandefer Family

Thats right.  I think their were 3 red headed state champs this year!

The Sandefer Family

Young....Sandefer.....who else?

The Sandefer Family

Young....Sandefer.....who else?

Billy Baker

Daniel is the youngest of five brothers. We are all very proud of his accomplishment... a lot of hard work and sacrifice. Couldn't have happened to a nicer kid.

JT, Paul and Daniel all wrestled in the state of Indiana. Josh and I (Jacob) wrestled high school in the state of Michigan. I coached JT at Bloomington South for two years, Josh coached Paul in middle school and JT coached Daniel at Culver (last year). It's been great watching my brothers wrestle in the state of Indiana.

Congrats Daniel,

It has been awesome watching you wrestle through the years.  You won your state title like I expected, fighting back and never giving up!  That is a mark of a champion and it will carry with you as you go to West Point.  Good luck and I am looking forward to following your West Point career.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.