Sandefur v. Hall

No One Famous

Sandefur lost today in OT.  This goes to show how hard it is to beat an opponent, a QUALITY opponent, several times in the same season.  Any other rematches go the other way today?

how many times have they wrestled so far this year?  i am sure they will see each other at least a couple more times this year.

Sandefur lost today in OT.  This goes to show how hard it is to beat an opponent, a QUALITY opponent, several times in the same season.  Any other rematches go the other way today?

how many times have they wrestled so far this year?  i am sure they will see each other at least a couple more times this year.

I believe before this weekend they had seen each other 2-3 times this year.

They wrestled each other 5 times from my count.  Plymouth Invite, N.I.C., a dual meet, Al Smith Invite and sectionals.  That's a lot of times to get to know your opponent.  Not to mention the fact that they could meet up a few more times on the way to state.  Sandefer holds the 4-1 advantage on Hall this year.  Hopefully there are many more matches like the one today. 

I hear from sources pretty close to this situation that this will not happen again the rest fo the year.

They got a crystal ball or something??  :o If so ask em whos winning the superbowl tommorow...Im headin over to the bookie  ;D

first off kudos to hall, great wrestler with great quickness. He is a very tough matchup against a brute wrestler like mandefer.

That being said, I have only seen Hall wrestle against Mishawaka guys but the last two years he tends to do the run and counter alot. Meaning he avoids his opponent and waits for the counter. Now while some may find this stalling, I find it rather interesting because the dude is quick. However I do fear he will be nailed with stalling calls by some officials as he seems to not be the agressor.

first off kudos to hall, great wrestler with great quickness. He is a very tough matchup against a brute wrestler like mandefer.

That being said, I have only seen Hall wrestle against Mishawaka guys but the last two years he tends to do the run and counter alot. Meaning he avoids his opponent and waits for the counter. Now while some may find this stalling, I find it rather interesting because the dude is quick. However I do fear he will be nailed with stalling calls by some officials as he seems to not be the agressor.

Sounds just like how Josh Harper wrestlers.

Hall can also take down anyone.  He is tough to deal with in neutral.

busstogate... i can not remember Hall really being the agressor in the matches I have seen, he does nothing to really attack his opponents that i have seen (this is limited experience). The only reason he is tough on his feet is more for his defensive ability than his offensive tactics.

Sounds just like how Josh Harper wrestlers.

Not really, harper does not use speed, he tends to block more and he is a much better mat wrestler IMO. But then again, Harper is probably a much better mat wrestler than most.

I was matside during this match.  If you want to call someone for stalling then look at Mr. Sandefur.  Kept grabbing a wrist and backing up.  In overtime he was not looking for what Trace did to him, being that it was something he had not done before (front head lock and then schut him for the take down and the win.  It was my 1st time to see them go against each other this year and it was worth the $5.00 I paid to get in......

btw.... if you think sandefer stalled then you are mistaken... i just rewatched the match and by my count on their feet Sandefer initiated offensive action 15 times to Hall's 6 (this included any shots or snap down attempts). That is a ratio of 5:2, so it seems hard to say sandefer was stalling as he initiated most of the action on the mat. Personally I think some officials equate little offense to equal stalling. However, sometimes the other wrestler does not allow anything to open up and to attack would result in getting taken down and the wrestler is working to create and opening. Or my fave is seeing the bottom wrestler getting nailed for stalling when the offensive wrestler has they legs stuck in really well and he can't really do much. I think the ref called this match really well, I thought neither guys stalled and the ref only called a warning on Hall. I think some refs may have nailed Hall with a couple stallings because of his lack of initiation, but had that happened I would have been upset.

That being said it was a heck of a match, and it seemed better the 2nd time around.

i wouldnt call hall or harper a staller or mainly defensive. you dont finish as high on the podium as they have wrestling every match defensive. i recall when harper won his second title he scored like 7-8 points in the finals against cashe, i know last years finals wasnt pretty but other than his two porras matches last year i havent seen him wrestle defensively

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.