early school cancellations for friday january 30

Guest renegade

With my school district, the final decision is apparently made by the superintendent, not the AD.

In the past, practice was up to the head coach based on safety and the necessity of practice.  A couple of months ago we got a new interim superintendent who decided to make a new rule forbidding any activities any time school is cancelled.  This was especially bothersome a couple of weeks ago when the school district cancelled school on a Friday because it was "too cold", without any safety issues with driving.  This was the Friday before our conference tournament!  Our conference ended up getting postponed a week because other schools had similar issues.

Same here Tyson.  We could have non-manditory practice after 4:00 today which is our first practice since Monday too.  Had 10 that were able to show.  Thankfully most of them were at least varsity.  No school again on Friday.  Hopefully we will end up with a little higher number at practice.

littlevito....I always wondered that myself.  However, they had a student killed several years ago and since then have always decided to delay or close when student safety in getting to school was in question.

Coach Vic

I have a relative that nears near East Jay MS, which is close to th high school.  The roads there are always TERRIBLE and they have some of the biggest drifts I have ever seen with such little snow fall.

How are the other schools in the sectional suppose to know if a school was able to practice?  Many schools are cancelled, yet they are still able to have practice.

Well it doesn't matter for teams to know if other teams are practicing.  It is important for the teams that can't practice tomorrow or today to notify the host school so that they can let the other teams know if there will be an allowance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.