Delta Sectional Predictions

What are your predictions for Delta sectional this Saturday, both individual and team?

103- Bryant/Muncie Central

112-  Jackson/Yorktown

119-  Bevans/Yorktown

125- Hiestand/Yorktown

130- Smith/Yorktown

135- Harry/Wapahani

140- Martin/Randolph Southern

145- Dulaney/Yorktown

152- Mosier/Yorktown

160- Castner/Yorktown

171-  Burke/Yorktown

189- Rossum/Winchester

215- King/Southside

Hwt- Janney/Yorktown

1. Yorktown

2. Winchester

3. Muncie Central

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no way janney beats chalfant.  You say chalfant hasn't seen a heavyweight yet that is as good on his feet as janney, but janney has yet to see a heavyweight even in the same LEAGUE as chalfant.  Chalfant maybe the strongest heavy in the state, then combine that with his athleticism and footwork and you have THE BEST heavyweight in the state this year. Can't wait to see the wrestling on saturday.  Martin and Harper will be a battle at 140 also, but Martin will come out on top in that one!

I disagree that Janney is better coached.  Maybe the team as a whole is better coached, but Chalfants head coach is Brandon Mock, who was a pretty legit 215 back in the day, and i believe he went to state at least once. I bet those are some heated practices!

Snatch's Predictions

103--T. Bryant (MC)

112--D. Jackson (YK)

119--D. Beavans (YK)

125--A. Hiestand (YK)

130--J. Simmons (WC)

135--C. Harry (WAP)

140--J. Martin (RS)

145--J. Dulaney (YK)

152--B. Whitaker (MS)

160--T. Castner (YK)

171--B. Burke (YK)

189--E. Dely (DEL)

215--J. King (MS)

HWT--A. Chalfant (WC)

Yorktown--1st

Winchester--2nd

Muncie South--3rd

Chal wont walk through janney but i think he will win. Ytown has wrestled a lot tougher schedule and is better coached. Whitaker is at 152 so it will be Mosier and Bryant it will be ineresting to watch!!

Janney is good but he is not in the same league as Chalfant.  Even if Chalfant wins by 4 or 5 points people will say Janney hung with him...A wreslting can dominate a 3-1 match.  If Janney improved 10 fold over last year and Chalfant done nothing to get better, Chalfant would still win.

Ytown has wrestled a lot tougher schedule...I hate to say it but Ytown does not wrestle a tough schedule, I do not know Winchester schedule but I would agree that Ytown's schedule is toughter but not sure  about A LOT???? (but maybe so).

Janney is good but he is not in the same league as Chalfant.  Even if Chalfant wins by 4 or 5 points people will say Janney hung with him...A wreslting can dominate a 3-1 match.  If Janney improved 10 fold over last year and Chalfant done nothing to get better, Chalfant would still win.

Ytown has wrestled a lot tougher schedule...I hate to say it but Ytown does not wrestle a tough schedule, I do not know Winchester schedule but I would agree that Ytown's schedule is toughter but not sure  about A LOT???? (but maybe so).

HUH?

Not taking anything away from chal just my opinion everyone has one. Yorktown wrestles the top teams in the state and are very well coached. I am just saying it will be a better match than you think. I am just excited about the tourney being here already and i am ready to see some good wrestling come saturday. Good  luck to all wrestlers this weekend.

I don't care what schedule y-town wrestles,(which isn't that strong compared to the top schools in the state), or how"well coached" Janney is, it comes down to the 2 athletes on the mat.  And quite frankly, the Winchester kid is in a different league than the yorktown kid.  Chalfant didn't place that high last year by accident, and the coach can't wrestle the match for Janney.

Yorktown wrestles the top teams in the state

Looking at the schedule, I don't think Ytown wreslted any ranked team...a couple of honorable mentions and Holt, MI (I will give them that one).  Mishawaka wresltes the top team in the state, not Ytown.  I am not saying the are not good, I am saying they do not wrestle the top teams...

They did have a dual with Bellmont, but Bellmont just had to go to the state finals in football and was not able to wrestle that weekend.

Both teams are well coached and both young men work very hard.  They will meet the next 2 Saturdays for sure in the finals, and possible a third Saturday as well.

I am excited about watching the 112 weight class.  A quarter final match up beyween Shaw (WD) and Harry (Wap) will be a rare, early but good one.  Armantrout and Gonzales in the semis will be a fun one as well.

A possible rematch at 135 in the finals between C. Harry (Wap) and Rench (Y).  At county Rench was up 3-0 and got reversed and gave up back points in the final 10 seconds of the match.

Mosier and Whitaker will be interesting.  The loser will be on the same side as Baker next week.

It will be a fun day!

beach bum and golden eagle you two guys have not got a clue. We will see saturday chal probably win by a few points not saying he isnt better so dont get so defensive just making conversation just staing the facts!

I haven't seen the 103 from Muncie Central, but why is everyone picking him over Bevans? Bevans is the one ranked in the semi state.

Travis Bryant is a pretty tough 103. Bevans is kinda small and even though I think Bevans may be a better wrestler, I think Bryant maybe a little to big and strong for Bevans.

103-Bryant MC

112-Jackson Y

119-Bevans Y

125-Hiestand Y

130-Simmons Win

135-Harry Wap

140-Martin RS

145- Dulaney Y

152-Mosier Y

160-Casner Y

171-Burke Y

189-Rosson Win

215-Fodrea Win

Hwt-Chalfant Win

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.