Any weight change surprises?

AJ

Guest renegade

yes from jeffersonville tyler tatgenhorst bumping up to 215 just to get away from ethan cook from providence when in all reality he can beat cook.. just taking the easy way out

I give him props if he is actually dropping down to face Cashe`.    What was his record @ 130?  And who has he beat?

His record at 135 this year was 27-1 with his lone loss coming to Ritchey from Brown County.

A tad off topic, but when somone talked about dropping down to wrestle Cashe it reminded me of Wesley English dropping to get Tsirtsis.  Of course he didn't get it done, but always admired the determination.

It bordered on arrogance, he was telling all the media about how he could beat Tsirtsis easy, and how he would be the one to end Alex's winning streak. If he wanted to bump down for a chance at greatness fine, but don't go making claims you can't back up. Never met English, might be a great guy, but the way he went about the run to state that year wasn't fun to watch.

Berryman is ranked at 135.  He may have a strength advantage on Quiroga...which most kids don't have.  I hope he scrambles well because Quiroga should be quicker.  He probably isn't going to 125 to face Quiroga, but to give himself the best chance.  He will habe wrestled him twice before state (maybe) and we have seen guys struggle with former opponents. ( I recall Journey from PM losing at state to a familiar wrestler that he had beaten ALL season).

That is a rough to cut to 125....Cashe is going to have a lot of people gunning to be the one to beat him this year, but if anyone can power through them it is Cashe

I agree with you starsman...Cashe is a beast...it's hard to imagine many coming close to him.

• 2 weeks later...

but the way he went about the run to state that year wasn't fun to watch.

He did, however, bring around the character Mr. Happypantz to the old board...As much as people hated the guy, he was pretty amusing   :)

Mr. Happypantz  was Jack English and I know that for a fact, used to be good friends with the family until all the scandals

Well if Berryman wants a shot to even face Cashe, he has to beat Jake Grey from Cathedral..which he did not do at regionals

What was the score of that match?

I think I remember seeing that it was like 3-2 or something like that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.