Tony Mcginley get's STUCK!

wrestler60160

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, congrats to Hunter!

To Tony - sorry you got beat  ;) You have such a big heart. This is exactly the sort of attitude you should hang onto and carry with you throughout the state tournament. Also, share this attitude with your teammates and make this a memorable senior year.  We're rooting for ALL of you!

Maybe we could get him on the quickest pin board on here??  :)  Get someone to print off his name and time for the weight class and frame it for him.  That way he will always have it.  First class by Tony and a great opportunity for Hunter. 

Hey Y2,

Any chance of having some sort of Certificate of Wresting Achievement made for this young man (Both of them actually!).

I think this deserves some love from all of us!!!!!

All though my vote probably doesn't mean much, I would like to nominate Hunter Bartley as Indianamat.com's Wrestler of the Week.  I encourage all to nominate him.  He pinned the #2 kid in the state.

I Second This!!!!!

As a parent of a special needs child, this really hits home for me. I have always been most proud of my child when she has tried her hardest(she is 4, and makes a competition of everything, including who gets in the car first). Every day is a new challenge for her, to overcome her adversities, and to meet life head on, she drives me to be my best. I am glad there are people like Tony McGinley and Braden Atwood, who show the endearing spirit of compassion, and who went out of their way to make a moment special and memorable. We should all strive to be as compassionate as Atwood and Mcginley, and to live our lives as selflessly as these two have presented for us.

Way to be a great human being Tony.  Thank you for modeling what life is truly about!

I would also like to thank the coaches of the two teams for also allowing this to happen. 

We may never know the full impact that was made on a life, but I would say that the act was well worth all the joy and good that was brought because of the act.

Does anyone have any video of this? 

I would take a wrestler over any other. That is a very cool thing to do ..and for the right reason.  awwod1, great post. You still have that TEC shirt?

I wear it all the time...I can't even remember how old it is....funny that most people don't think twice about it though...more people struggle and question when I wear the Mishawaka shirt!  ;D

I want to thank Tony for being such a classy young man the other night. Hunter is my younger brother and it means alot to me and my family. Good to see one of my brothers beat a Cathedral wrestler (Jake was knocked out in the 145 pound match, he's fine, haha). I also want to thank everyone for there kind words. It means a lot to see that people DO still care!!

It was a nice gesture on McGinley's part to wrestle Hunter, but he is by no means a front runner for the mental attitude award winner at state.  Anyone at the last 6 way for cathedral would agree with me.  He is a very talented wrestler but not exactly the role model people are making him out to be.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.