Most dominatimg performance at state

Upset during the discussion, not really upset, like they had emotional problems  or were really mad at me.  Most people just thought I was nuts because I ranked him ahead of Taylor.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upset during the discussion, not really upset, like they had emotional problems  or were really mad at me.  Most people just thought I was nuts because I ranked him ahead of Taylor.

For Clarification Purposes...That is NOT why we think your nuts!    ;D

I always heard that Talamentes cut to 89 because his teamate, Alex Tone, who was a stud couldn't make it to 189, so he cut for the team. Not for sure, but what I have always heard. By the way where did Radnovic or how ever you spell it go to school?

Went to Lincoln JC in Illinois

DJ spent some time on IU's and Oklahoma State's roster. It appears he is now a police officer in Tulsa, OK.

From 2001

"285 - Kellan Fluckiger (ASU) dec. DJ Radnovich (OSU), 2-0 "

From 2002

"D.J. Radnovich had a takedown of No. 1 Steve Mocco and scored near fall points to give him a 5-3 led, with the second period closing. Mocco scored four points and won 7-5."

From 2004: http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2004/Final/A_1_12_18_2004.PDF

From 2007: http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2007/Final/W_070407_A_11.pdf

Gibson Southern.  He also had a 4 second pin that year as well.  Just grabbed the guy off the whistle like a rag doll and set him down on his back.

OH YEAH, I remember that...it was sweet...and yes, he was a beast...but such a nice young man!

I always heard that Talamentes cut to 89 because his teamate, Alex Tone, who was a stud couldn't make it to 189, so he cut for the team.  Not for sure, but what I have always heard.  By the way where did Radnovic or how ever you spell it go to school?

Went to Lincoln JC in Illinois

DJ spent some time on IU's and Oklahoma State's roster.  It appears he is now a police officer in Tulsa, OK.

From 2001

"285 - Kellan Fluckiger (ASU) dec. DJ Radnovich (OSU), 2-0 "

From 2002

"D.J. Radnovich had a takedown of No. 1 Steve Mocco and scored near fall points to give him a 5-3 led, with the second period closing. Mocco scored four points and won 7-5." 

From 2004: http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2004/Final/A_1_12_18_2004.PDF

From 2007: http://www.tulsaworld.com/TWPDFs/2007/Final/W_070407_A_11.pdf

That's cool...I'd run if I saw a cop like him coming after me.  Thanks for posting.  I talked to him & his family his senior year at Castle @ Regionals and it sounded like he was a really good artist, so I always wondered if he went to art school...but cop makes a lot of sense!

That's cool...I'd run if I saw a cop like him coming after me.  Thanks for posting.  I talked to him & his family his senior year at Castle @ Regionals and it sounded like he was a really good artist, so I always wondered if he went to art school...but cop makes a lot of sense!

When I was researching him I think art or art design was his major at IU.  He was acedemic all big 10 at one point also.

Lapsley beat I believe beat 2 eventual states champs in his run also...

Lapsley was was losing with a minute to go when he reversed Joseph (or was it another Portage wrestler?) to take the lead before pinning him.

I know majority of these guys that are being named off are years earlier, but what about Angel Escobedo his junior year. He wrestled Eric Jonhson from yorktown. It was pretty much a takedown show, Eric didnt even want to get up at one point in the match. That is pretty dominate.

I know majority of these guys that are being named off are years earlier, but what about Angel Escobedo his junior year. He wrestled Eric Jonhson from yorktown. It was pretty much a takedown show, Eric didnt even want to get up at one point in the match. That is pretty dominate.

But wasn't that the year that Angel got thrown to his back by Perkey.

But wasn't that the year that Angel got thrown to his back by Perkey.

I think he still won against Perkey by Fall or Tech Fall. But it was good to See some one go for Broke against Angel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.