Friday at Conseco

sparticus

Friday night matches are great.  Every year there is at least one upset.

Is it too early to start a thread about saving seats or shaved ice?  I would like to start saving mine now if possible.

What makes it great for me, and this isn't even including the matches necessarily.  It is the recognition of each wrestlers accompishment of reaching the pinnacle of Indiana wrestling (i.e. parade of champions).  The atmosphere of knowing that the Indiana wrestling community is under just one roof for that weekend is intense.  Getting to see wrestlers for the first time from the other side of the state that are talked (hyped) about on these forums. 

The only issue I have is, why do they start at 6 and not more around 12?  Kids leave school early anyway, so missing one day of school shouldn't be an issue.  That's pretty much what the kids are thinking about all day anyway, so what's the problem?  Heavyweights don't even get onto the mat till past 10 I think, at least pretty close anyway.

my guess would be that there would be an issue with the people coming to watch. most students cant get out of school early, some people are able to take only a half day off and not a whole, and hotel check-ins. plus the weight cutting is easier if u get done eat a little bit and go to bed. if it were earlier they would have more of a wait until weighins the next day.

we'd miss matches like Marsh vs. Roach last year. Even though it ended up not being much of a match, it was greatly anticipated.

i think Marsh got really unlucky with that draw

he easily could have placed in the top 5 i believe

it was really unfortunate for him, only loss twice all year

The parade of wrestlers into Conseco is worth the trip alone. Then it seems every year there are some highly anticipated matches along with the "upsets" nobody was looking for. Also, you will have an easier time getting your mat burns pick the champs sheets on Friday. Y2, is there anyway to set up a countdown to Indy clock on the site?

The parade of wrestlers into Conseco is worth the trip alone. Then it seems every year there are some highly anticipated matches along with the "upsets" nobody was looking for. Also, you will have an easier time getting your mat burns pick the champs sheets on Friday. Y2, is there anyway to set up a countdown to Indy clock on the site?

I absolutely agree....its a rush when the announcer says your schools name... and when that piano guy starts playing and ohhhhhhh man its sweet!!

I've gone to almost every state meet since 1991, and Friday night is my second favorite part, aside from the finals. That's when you see heart and determination. You get to see the #1 seeds against the #4 seeds with nothing to lose. As much as anything I always recommend to the kids that they go just to learn new moves and see what determination (or nerves) can do to you.

Just talking about it is getting my adrenaline going, we need a countdown to state on the main page!

Some of the best matches at State and that I've seen have been on Friday night.  Danny Williams and Justin Mora had a battle on the way to Williams second title.  Williams broke his leg before Christmas, won his ticket round match and injury defaulted the semi and consolation.  Could've easily been the final match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.