NEW RANKINGS

RankingsGuy

how can freshman b ranked in high school rankings that has not wrestled any quality matches

Cuz the guys making the rankings know something about wrestling and probably saw them at some point wrestle in the summer, I highly doubt the Y2-crew took some unkown freshman with no notable wins and threw them in the rankings. Relax if your guys that good he'll probably be ranked at some point in the season

GREAT RANKINGS! Thanks for putting the time in on them....But on that note, Darius Cooley at Heavyweight lost his varsity spot to Travis Thomas who is also undefeated at heavy. I don't know what you'd do with that info or how it would affect the rankings but it's just something to throw in there.

Fruitchillers, I dont know which freshmen you are talking about, so let's discuss the 3 freshmen that are ranked the highest. 103lber, Campbell from New Castle, Middle School state champ last year, currently undefeated with wins at 103 and 112. Tsirtsis from Crown Point and Mullins from New Castle, both 3 time MS state champs, Mullins with convincing win over Kieffer of Roncalli. All 3 of these freshmen are deserving of their rankings.

Just out of curiosity...how can  Travis Thomas - HWT - Mishawaka who JUST won his challenge already be ranked 10th in the state?

Based on Darius Cooley's wins so far, and Travis Thomas' victory over Cooley in said wrestle-off, this is where he belongs at this point in the season.  Thanks.

RankingsGuy

I don't understand the lack of Fort Wayne SAC kids in the rankings. There are quite a few returning SS qualifiers from last year that aren't in the rankings.

Perhaps you should make a list of these kids along with quality wins and losses and send them to the RankingsGuy.  I think that is how he goes about putting the rankings together.

SAC doesn't wrestle outside the FW area as much as they used too.  Also the FW Semi-state has performed poorly at the state finals the past few years.

I don't understand the lack of Fort Wayne SAC kids in the rankings. There are quite a few returning SS qualifiers from last year that aren't in the rankings.

Perhaps you should make a list of these kids along with quality wins and losses and send them to the RankingsGuy.  I think that is how he goes about putting the rankings together.

SAC doesn't wrestle outside the FW area as much as they used too.  Also the FW Semi-state has performed poorly at the state finals the past few years.

I don't know names, just schools. Well I know the top guys name, but not the opponent. I see Aris Allen at #2 for the FW SS and yet I don't see him on the top 16. Just stuff like that. I may get around to it, but like I said I don't know much about the opponents. I really only follow one school but I know of like 2 guys outside that school that are really good.

The rankings of the FW SS and the overall state are not done by the same person.  I think the RankingsGuy is trying to find the top 16 in the state, not trying to pick the 16 state qualifiers.  There is no one lower then Allen in the rankings either so I don't think it is an SAC bias.

The rankings of the FW SS and the overall state are not done by the same person.  I think the RankingsGuy is trying to find the top 16 in the state, not trying to pick the 16 state qualifiers.  There is no one lower then Allen in the rankings either so I don't think it is an SAC bias.

Alright, that is what I figured. I emailed the rankings guy with my stuff. Aris is a man among boys right now at 215 from what I have seen. I know he mainly wrestles city boys but he displayed some nice stuff last year at regional.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.