connersville

bandit1990

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watched philips wrestle long time did not surprise us any he had kuhn on his back dont know why kuhn was ranked no1 compared to the other 103lbers

I'll give props to Philips. He looked extremely well. Him and Kuhn were the class of the weight class. Let's just understand ANYONE can be caught. Wasn't the score

0-0 when he went to his back with a very good front headlock. There are many reasons why the rankings guy ranks each wrestler. He has a system and it's always going to be debated and up for discussion. I would believe he was the highest returning ranked guy. I guess you haven't seen him wrestle before. What other 103lbers are you referring to? Kuhn will be back. Don't take anything away from him by saying you don't know why he was ranked # 1. This was Philips' tourney. Next time it may be Kuhn's. ;)

if you were there watching the match you would have known why the score was only 4-3. phillips kept attacking and harvey would take three steps back to he edge every time and jump out of bounds before he was taken down. the score was not an indication of the match by any means. i believe harvey saw phillips stick kuhn and was just scared out of his mind, so he went out to wrestle to not lose, but we will see again because these two will meet up next weekend at north central

if you were there watching the match you would have known why the score was only 4-3. phillips kept attacking and harvey would take three steps back to he edge every time and jump out of bounds before he was taken down. the score was not an indication of the match by any means. i believe harvey saw phillips stick kuhn and was just scared out of his mind, so he went out to wrestle to not lose, but we will see again because these two will meet up next weekend at north central

You obviously did not watch the match. From what I saw, was that Phillips was the one stalling the whole match, especially in the 3rd period. Harvey would stand up and Cody would simply just not even try to return him.

Kuhn did get caught ... theres no doubt about it, but getting caught doesn't make it an excuse for Kuhn's loss.  I thought that Phillips was going after Kuhn and Phillips wasn't backing down.  I would love to see a six minute match between those two.  hound 133 did you actually see the match?  There was no domination.... he caught him in the first period within the first minute of wrestling.  That doesn't make Phillips any less of a beast though, he was very impressive. He recieved OW and rightfully so. 

I never said it was luck.  I acutally said he was very impressive and deserved OW.  BUT.... he did catch Kuhn.  Kuhn getting caught doesn't change the outcome of the match, heck for all we know they could of wrestled for 6 min and Phillips would have won.  I'm just making the point that Kuhn did get caught.

What does "get caught" mean?  He wasn't ready?  Was he watching another match out of the corner of his eye when the ref blew the whistle?

I agree though that he got caught by a better wrestler that day.  Different day and maybe a different result.  Time will tell.

What does "get caught" mean?  He wasn't ready?  Was he watching another match out of the corner of his eye when the ref blew the whistle?

I agree though that he got caught by a better wrestler that day.  Different day and maybe a different result.  Time will tell.

For those looking for the meaning of getting caught, you won't find it on this link, but you might gain a little insight as to why people don't like the term.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/The-myth-of-getting-caught-?urn=mma,120240