Sunday Michigan state visits Indiana.

18 hours ago, Disco said:

Seems like the squads match up fairly even. Hope Indiana can make it 3 in a row. Saldate will give Lee all he can handle as the featured bout. 

Should be a good one, on big10 network too. 

Having the match on Sunday will give the high school fans a chance to watch or attend. Always liked Roger Chandler, states coach. Him being a former Hoosier. 

It would be a nice send off to Escabedo’s rebuilding class to graduate knowing they climbed IU out of the basement.  And hopefully a great motivator to this second wave (true freshman and HS commits) to keep the Hoosiers moving up.  

Edited by MattM

Angel and company definitely seems to have a little better intermission pep talk ability than we used to see at the end of the Goldman era.   Hoosiers have seemed to muster up a little grit to keep fighting the last few years even when they have been behind early. 

5 hours ago, MattM said:

It would be a nice send off to Escabedo’s rebuilding class to graduate knowing they climbed IU out of the basement.  And hopefully a great motivator to this second wave (true freshman and HS commits) to keep the Hoosiers moving up.  

Remember, 3 guys back on redshirt, plus I don’t see Gilcher getting back this season, to late with the way Lillard is performing. Next year, Gilcher and Lillard will be 65 and 74. Bullock heavy Moran and potter coming in the lighter weights.  Looks good 

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Angel and company definitely seems to have a little better intermission pep talk ability than we used to see at the end of the Goldman era.   Hoosiers have seemed to muster up a little grit to keep fighting the last few years even when they have been behind early. 

As I have mentioned from day one, since Angel took the program over, tje wrestlers on Indianas team may be out maned , but they always fight for 3 periods. I still stand by this. 

Down 18-0 after 4 matches, I was hoping they would just make the final score respectable, but the Hoosiers dug their heels in and fought all the way back. The crowd was smedium, but we made some noise, I hope it helped! When they awarded Fongaro that last second takedown after review, and Graham put Jones on his back, it sounded like 10,000 in Wilkinson.

1 hour ago, Ahap88 said:

Down 18-0 after 4 matches, I was hoping they would just make the final score respectable, but the Hoosiers dug their heels in and fought all the way back. The crowd was smedium, but we made some noise, I hope it helped! When they awarded Fongaro that last second takedown after review, and Graham put Jones on his back, it sounded like 10,000 in Wilkinson.

I’m with you ,crowd was great.  To bad tje high school people missed a good opportunity to see top notch action. 

I wish I could be a fly on the wall during the intermission speech. The crown was definitely loud today, the band was an awesome touch. We need the band at every home dual now.

Told you NOT your Daddies I.U.  wrestling team anymore. Them boys look good, and will be even BETTER next year. Angel scratching teams off his list and putting others on notice.

How about this Line Up for next year:

125 Moran/Frazier

133 Rooks/Butler

141 Porter

149 Torres

157 Lowery

165 Gilcher/Lillard

174 Washington/Goin

184 Washington/Rogotzke

197 Sollars

285 Bullock

The future looks BRIGHT.....don't forget about a couple surprise transfers. sshhhhh!!!

Probably one of the most exciting duals I’ve seen. The cards had to fall perfectly for Indiana to win this one. Had to run the table. Glad I was there to witness. 

The last 1/2second take down was awesome, I was amazed that they made the call to overturn the call on the mat.

Did you catch the announcers saying that Indiana is a great wrestling state that they have a lot of college wrestlers that are doing well at the next level. We are moving up the board and people are noticing.

4 hours ago, Trinedad said:

The last 1/2second take down was awesome, I was amazed that they made the call to overturn the call on the mat.

Did you catch the announcers saying that Indiana is a great wrestling state that they have a lot of college wrestlers that are doing well at the next level. We are moving up the board and people are noticing.

The mantra is keep these wrestlers in state. 10-4!