Best team to never win a title

Paycheck141

Back in the old days with the original team state tournament, was there any team that had a killer lineup but ended up just falling short? I've been told that the Griffith 03 team was the closest to winning a title with the guys they had like Alex Tsirtsis, Angel Escobedo, Andre Hernandez, Santana Adame, Jose Escobedo, and David Martin III. Is there any other team that had a lot of good individuals that never won? 

Edited by Paycheck141
fix

• Paycheck141 changed the title to Best team to never win a title
4 minutes ago, rrschott said:

How does that work? I'd assume there are tiebreakers like the number of pins or total wins or something like that, but I honestly haven't looked into it 

I believe they would award Co-Champions. I feel like this occured at Evansville Semi-State somewhere close to 2015 between EMD and Avon.  

6 minutes ago, MattM said:

I believe they would award Co-Champions. I feel like this occured at Evansville Semi-State somewhere close to 2015 between EMD and Avon.  

Weird.  I'll have to look into this a little more, because that is definitely a curious scenario.

12 minutes ago, rrschott said:

Weird.  I'll have to look into this a little more, because that is definitely a curious scenario.

Looks like it's happened twice (although it's been a looooonnnnggggg time since there's been co-champions)

15 hours ago, MattM said:

This did happen except Avon was the Champions because EMD lost a team point that day! The year is correct as well.

Avon is a school in general that has had many great teams and has finished runner up 2x but has never won the title!