Arguments for Best Wrestlers in Indiana hx to not SQ

3H3

14 minutes ago, 3H3 said:

And those that I train will learn how to stand up to people that try to bully like the people that are being rude in this forum. They will learn how to live the life of a champion and regardless of potential be given and ingrained in them the tools to become winners in life and overcome any negativity or barriers with these lessons. Through the grind, development, and lessons of our wrestling training and competition and the philosophy pony behind that that makes a developing young man or woman strong and able to defend themselves and be successful. I want that for all wrestlers and human beings in general. But wrestling, like Karate, is a great tool to use for this as well and we also practice that. Wrestling and my mentors gave me that foundation and philosophy. I hope that wrestling gives everyone these tools and I hope all bullies learn their lessons and learn how to be respectful, as they should. They have to be taught a lesson many times. 

I'm training next generation. That is my main focus. I dont care what level they get on but would teach them to be proud of whatever level they achieve as long as they gave their full effort.Just because Im having a discussion here doesnt mean Im not training kids. My focus is to train quality young people who are strong, determined, can persevere, and get up if they fall. Be humble when they win. Know when to turn the other cheek and know when to take a stand. Know how to wrestle and know how defend themselves from bullies. My wrestling style has a lot to do with being able to stand up to anyone and hold your ground but also press. If someone Masters it they can stand toe to toe with ma6be anyone and be at least competitive. I guarantee that

Edited by 3H3

17 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

It's kinda like a @Galagore class wrestling thread where he argues with himself for 5 pages. We're reaching that level. I do hear what 3H is saying tho. It's not the end, but the journey. 

I have absolutely no idea what this thread is about nor how I fit into it...however, getting tagged by UncleJimmy is a lovely way to start my Saturday morning:} Good to know you are starting to think about class wrestling, even when I am not around...thinking maybe some seeds of agreement are starting to sprout...

2 hours ago, 3H3 said:

Gfy. I'm having a discussion where from the get go I tried to establish respect. You want to toninsult and start something cmon

It's one thing to respond to one of the many "greatest to never win, toughest wrestler, etc" threads where your name might appear and you want to add context.

It's a whole different thing to create a thread about yourself and then make 90% of the posts in the thread.

That's why everyone is so perplexed. 

And really!? You come on here and attack me for discussing my perspective. Whoever you are. I suggest you mind your own business if you have an issue with me discussing my wrestling views on a page where I say that's what I'm going to do. It was meant to reconnect with some of those guys from before I've only see two and the rest of you all I don't know why you are even coming here and coming at me like you are but it's bs

I will also say people don't EVER talk to me like that in person. 

Edited by 3H3

You are embarrassing me! With your insults. 

I will also say people don't EVER talk to me like that in person. 

I'm not your buddy

Edited by 3H3

Nah nah nah. I tried to keep it civil and respectful. A few jabronis can't do that. You want to do it this way fine. None of you obviously know me today bc you wouldn't act like that towards me. I say again mind your own business 💯 

Edited by 3H3

Well, I for one remember Hunter Hughes and the other really good teammates  Jeffersonville had back then … but as he said there were some holes in the lineup due to forfeits.  Indeed I agree that Hunter would have to be considered one of the greatest wrestler not to make it to state.  It was really surprising watching him wrestle at Connersville each year but not seeing him at state.

35 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

Well, I for one remember Hunter Hughes and the other really good teammates  Jeffersonville had back then … but as he said there were some holes in the lineup due to forfeits.  Indeed I agree that Hunter would have to be considered one of the greatest wrestler not to make it to state.  It was really surprising watching him wrestle at Connersville each year but not seeing him at state.

Hey thanks that's kind. Take care.  

12 hours ago, tx91 said:

It's one thing to respond to one of the many "greatest to never win, toughest wrestler, etc" threads where your name might appear and you want to add context.

It's a whole different thing to create a thread about yourself and then make 90% of the posts in the thread.

That's why everyone is so perplexed. 

While I can agree to some of this, so what! Add to the thread, or stay out! Analyzing the thread ain’t add context. 

12 hours ago, PAVLETIC said:

Hunter can you post the video of you and Mitch Robb wrestling at Regionals? A lot of people would like to see it. 

I will see if I can get that into a format that can be uploaded and would also need to see if Mitch is ok with that.

That’s the state finals with Doherty and Rossbotton from Jeffersonville. Seems like 125 state champion could’ve been Hunter Hughes if the semi state bracket was redrawn. They would have 3 on top the podium. He already beat Mitch 3 times that year. 

14 minutes ago, PAVLETIC said:

That’s the state finals with Doherty and Rossbotton from Jeffersonville. Seems like 125 state champion could’ve been Hunter Hughes if the semi state bracket was redrawn. They would have 3 on top the podium. He already beat Mitch 3 times that year. 

That's very kind of you to say. Yes, I did have that level of potential. No, I didn't get it done. I take no credit away from these men that did. But I think I've made my point on what caliber of a wrestler I was for that discussion point. You can see here Mitch was an absolute beast. I always wrestled him in the finals when we were both big and powerful. We had some great battles.Hes my friend today and we kit. He came up to IU to watch me wrestle off when I was up there. He understands where I'm coming from

Edited by 3H3

I’ve talked to multiple Indiana State wrestling coaches around the state about this topic.

We each agree you were the best wrestler to never win a state championship. I’m not sure what you call that block that happens in the Semi-State ticket round but if it wasn’t there you would’ve been a 2-timer for sure. The accomplishments you had were outstanding. You are a true Champion Hunter Hughes.