Way too early 24 state champs predictions?

106 I think Dickman bburg and Rouix could still be in the mix at 106 I know they were smaller coming in to high school. 
possible impact freshman Jensen Boyd

113- Ayden Bollinger moving up a weigh a returning 3rd placer could be a strong favorite. If Dickman moves up a weight I would think he is the favorite 

120- returning Champ Larocca I would guess is the favorite, Gavin Jendreas has a win over Larocca at Al

smith and Preston Haines has been under the lights it will be interesting to see if Hockaday stays 120 and hunts another champ 

126- Jake Hockaday 2x champ moving up a weight took out a 2x champ I would guess he will be towards the top of the pound for pound 

dark horse Incoming Freshman Clinton Shepherd has been wrestling well and wrestled Jake tough at IHPO 

132- could be an exciting weight. Exciting Freshman Tylin Thrine undefeated would be the favorite but 2 incoming freshman have Wins over Thrine 

Evan Stanley Lowell is tough and Angelo Vargo is equally as explosive as Thrine 

Thrine and Freshman stud Haines had a wild match in the quarters 9-8 could be good 

138- Brady Ison is the runner up and lost some tight matches to Buttler and has a win over Leavell who is a 2x 3rd and a champ I would guess those 2 would be the favorite 

dark horse Landon Hawkins gotta get on the mat but the talent is there and has won a lot of big matches 

144- Reece Courtney and Jeffery Huyvaert was a great match in the semis and could be under the lights 

dark Horse Parker Reynolds Parker is tough split with Courtney has some injuries at the end but I wouldn’t count Parker out 

150- Wyatt Kresja had 1 loss and ran to the lights. Dude is tough Graham will be in the mix I would guess some of the 38’s will grow my guess would be Major

157- 3 semi finalist return at 152 May, Betz and Brabender. May has had an incredible year and wrestled Lowery tough I would say he is the favorite Betz and barbender have improved every year. 

165- Brenton Russall is the only returning medalist at 160 he will be in the mix. I wouldn’t sleep on Beck the freshman from Rochester gave Goin the toughest match of the weekend 

now the weights get really weird 

174- Hobart Aiden Costellos last 2 losses were Ruhlman and goodwin the finalist. He has a :34 second pin against cashman who was in the semis and split with Harden the freshman from cathedral but I could see Harden growing out of the weight possibly a healthy Noah Clouser 

2 Dark horses I think this will be the weight Nationally Ranked Anthony Rinehart will fall I think he will have a good summer and incoming freshman Rojas Brownsburg will be really tough there I think he will be in the mix 

190- It will be Veazys weight to lose Penolas jump from sophomore year to junior year was amazing does he make another big jump and win a title. Weems and Freeman really looked great as sophomore and freshman. 
Dark horse Brewer had a hicup Friday night but had multiple wins over weems and might get a great partner to work with every day 

Will Clark is the retuning champ and ran the gauntlet. The shocker of the weekend Cole Chicoine the pride of the logansport regional is returning and I would Guess 195 runner up Mcconell will be in the mix also Gunnar Henry who has a nice rivalry with Will Clark 

Kendrix puts in a ton of work over the summer and will look to contend 

285 Paul Clark had a barn burner in the semis with Jones and only lost to jones in indiana. He will try to match his brother 

McNutt is fast and strong he will continue to grow in to the weight and look to get under the lights with Clark. 

If there is any run on sentances or misspelled words sorry quickly wrote from my phone and on my lunch 

Edited by ontherise219

• 11 months later...
On 2/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, ontherise219 said:

106 I think Dickman bburg and Rouix could still be in the mix at 106 I know they were smaller coming in to high school. 
possible impact freshman Jensen Boyd

113- Ayden Bollinger moving up a weigh a returning 3rd placer could be a strong favorite. If Dickman moves up a weight I would think he is the favorite 

120- returning Champ Larocca I would guess is the favorite, Gavin Jendreas has a win over Larocca at Al

smith and Preston Haines has been under the lights it will be interesting to see if Hockaday stays 120 and hunts another champ 

126- Jake Hockaday 2x champ moving up a weight took out a 2x champ I would guess he will be towards the top of the pound for pound 

dark horse Incoming Freshman Clinton Shepherd has been wrestling well and wrestled Jake tough at IHPO 

132- could be an exciting weight. Exciting Freshman Tylin Thrine undefeated would be the favorite but 2 incoming freshman have Wins over Thrine 

Evan Stanley Lowell is tough and Angelo Vargo is equally as explosive as Thrine 

Thrine and Freshman stud Haines had a wild match in the quarters 9-8 could be good 

138- Brady Ison is the runner up and lost some tight matches to Buttler and has a win over Leavell who is a 2x 3rd and a champ I would guess those 2 would be the favorite 

dark horse Landon Hawkins gotta get on the mat but the talent is there and has won a lot of big matches 

144- Reece Courtney and Jeffery Huyvaert was a great match in the semis and could be under the lights 

dark Horse Parker Reynolds Parker is tough split with Courtney has some injuries at the end but I wouldn’t count Parker out 

150- Wyatt Kresja had 1 loss and ran to the lights. Dude is tough Graham will be in the mix I would guess some of the 38’s will grow my guess would be Major

157- 3 semi finalist return at 152 May, Betz and Brabender. May has had an incredible year and wrestled Lowery tough I would say he is the favorite Betz and barbender have improved every year. 

165- Brenton Russall is the only returning medalist at 160 he will be in the mix. I wouldn’t sleep on Beck the freshman from Rochester gave Goin the toughest match of the weekend 

now the weights get really weird 

174- Hobart Aiden Costellos last 2 losses were Ruhlman and goodwin the finalist. He has a :34 second pin against cashman who was in the semis and split with Harden the freshman from cathedral but I could see Harden growing out of the weight possibly a healthy Noah Clouser 

2 Dark horses I think this will be the weight Nationally Ranked Anthony Rinehart will fall I think he will have a good summer and incoming freshman Rojas Brownsburg will be really tough there I think he will be in the mix 

190- It will be Veazys weight to lose Penolas jump from sophomore year to junior year was amazing does he make another big jump and win a title. Weems and Freeman really looked great as sophomore and freshman. 
Dark horse Brewer had a hicup Friday night but had multiple wins over weems and might get a great partner to work with every day 

Will Clark is the retuning champ and ran the gauntlet. The shocker of the weekend Cole Chicoine the pride of the logansport regional is returning and I would Guess 195 runner up Mcconell will be in the mix also Gunnar Henry who has a nice rivalry with Will Clark 

Kendrix puts in a ton of work over the summer and will look to contend 

285 Paul Clark had a barn burner in the semis with Jones and only lost to jones in indiana. He will try to match his brother 

McNutt is fast and strong he will continue to grow in to the weight and look to get under the lights with Clark. 

If there is any run on sentances or misspelled words sorry quickly wrote from my phone and on my lunch 

Not bad for a look ahead a year ago some of the weights are off but I could see a lot of these guys under the lights