Connersville Classic

18 hours ago, navy80 said:

Not sure but it's FINALLY ON TRACK!!!! 

Now if they at use some type of separate criteria for at least the likely Top 4, Connersville will officially join the 21st century. Maybe it could be just as simple as returning state placers, then returning state qualifiers, then returning semi-state qualifiers.  At this point that  maybe more telling than many records anyway.  

I always appreciated Connersville not seeding such a huge event and think that was part of the tournaments nostalgia.  Not to mention seeding mostly based on records is way to iffy at this point in the year. So I’m in no way a proponent of seeding a ton of guys for this one. But I do think separating some of the very top guys (maybe top 2 or 4) is still best for the the fans, the teams, and individual wrestlers. Sucks for your team score and the wrestler to be put out in the wrestlebacks early by what would have been a possible finalist due drawing another stud early on the top side. I’d say going with something pretty objective like just the previous years state tournament results or even previous years Connersville Classic high placement would be a simple way of avoiding those nasty matchup in the opening rounds. 

Edited by MattM

I am glad the new Coaches got the new AD to go this route. I know me and Mac tried every year to get Track to this event. We were always told it wouldn’t  work even though more than half the teams used some kind of software to track there own teams. We even ran a mock tourney sitting on the floor one year to show it would work. I hope she continues to listen to Coach Degroat on how to seed the event. He followed MattM’s outline above when we talked. We will know in the next week or two what, if any, criteria is used for seeding. Either way it a high step forward for that event.

Edited by jleising

Anderson

Beech Grove

Bishop Chatard

Charlestown

Columbus North

Connersville

Daleville

East Noble

Eastern Hancock

Fishers

Franklin County

Greenfield Central

Greensburg

Hagerstown

Jasper

Mississinewa

New Castle

New Palestine

Northeastern

Pike

Providence Cristo Rey

Purdue Polytechnic- Englewood

Richmond

River Forest

Rushville

Shelbyville

Shenandoah

Southern Wells

Triton Central

Union County

Valparaiso

Western Boone

Connersville has been seeding the tournament the past several years. They look at the semi state rankings and spread those wrestlers throughout the bracket. There is usually an asterisk next to the name of the ranked individual. Just wanted to go to bat for them as I see they are dragged for this often.  Last year by doing a quick glance I think around 10/11 weight classes had the top name on the bracket at least make the finals.

2 minutes ago, jplesac said:

Connersville has been seeding the tournament the past several years. They look at the semi state rankings and spread those wrestlers throughout the bracket. There is usually an asterisk next to the name of the ranked individual. Just wanted to go to bat for them as I see they are dragged for this often.  Last year by doing a quick glance I think around 10/11 weight classes had the top name on the bracket at least make the finals.

Yes they definetly have been seeding the top four 

I have the privilege of running this tournament in its inaugural year on Track and I can say for certain it will be seeded accordingly.  Should be an exciting couple of days of wrestling and we are definitely going to make it a great event for wrestlers, teams and fans.  

Edited by Coach Hull

29 minutes ago, Coach Hull said:

I have the privilege of running this tournament in its inaugural year on Track and I can say for certain it will be seeded accordingly.  Should be an exciting couple of days of wrestling and we are definitely going to make it a great event for wrestlers, teams and fans.  

Will it be streamed ?!?

36 minutes ago, Coach Hull said:

With this news i know it will been done right. I am glad they got you down here to run it. It should be a great 2 days of wrestling. 

On 12/12/2022 at 8:58 PM, Wrestlingfan937 said:

I got. Confirmation it will be streamed

I believe that being on track and streamed could bring back some interest in this historical tournament.  Some modern convenience at the very least.

Now on to some more important issues.  Where are all the good eats and drinks to be had?

Around Connersville you have, as far as food

Daniel Girls Resturant at 600 N Central Ave, Connersville

Ole' Rooste  at 2240 N Park Rd, Connersville

El Caballo Blanco  at 419 E 5th St, Connersville

Wings Etc. at 2132 N Park Rd, Connersville

Maplewood inn is just a block north of the Bowl on grand. They have good bar food. Outside of that you have the normal as far as fast food.

On 12/15/2022 at 1:10 PM, Justin Ratliff said:

I believe that being on track and streamed could bring back some interest in this historical tournament.  Some modern convenience at the very least.

Now on to some more important issues.  Where are all the good eats and drinks to be had?

Ashers Cooler😂