Seltzer and Mendez

1prouddad

What a ride it’s been. 
Both join a short list of Indiana history. 
Mendez just the 10th 4x’er

Seltzer 4 straight appearances with 3 1’s and a runner up. 

From this southern Indiana guy, it’s been fun watching you 2 and I wish nothing but the best for you both in your next chapter. 

Agree. Had the luxury of watching every Zeke match for 4 years. The amount of joy I've had watching his development has been worth the whole high school experience. 

His pop and momma, Brian and Jen, and the CHS crew have been amazing to be part of. From the early days of the Baileys and Walendzak to the later days of Dickey and Reyes, the room always popped. 

Zele has kept the program as a top contender and leaves Cathedral with the most state titles in Cathedral history with 5 rings. For a school with a gazillion IHSAA titles, he can rest easy knowing he was one of the greatest that walked our halls. 

Thanks for the memories, Seltzer's. We love you. And, we can't wait to follow Zeke through his college years at Missouri. 

1 hour ago, MattM said:

We rarely have two bonafide national caliber studs in the same year.  Such a privilege to see both of them through their career.  Much respect to Seltzer for laying his senior record on the line by facing Mendez at team state.  

Was Nick Lee and Chad Red the last time?  I know they were a class apart, but both carried the national accolades as well.  

Brayton Lee & Mason Parris too?  

Add Zeke and Jesse are two more in a growing line of IN studs.  Looking forward to seeing them at the next level.

Edited by SWINfan

52 minutes ago, MattM said:

We rarely have two bonafide national caliber studs in the same year.  Such a privilege to see both of them through their career.  Much respect to Seltzer for laying his senior record on the line by facing Mendez at team state.  

It seems to becoming more of the norm here lately. Next year we are fortunate to have a few back and possibly new one added. 
Bit this isn’t taking away from what these 2 studs have done the last 4 years. 

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Zele has kept the program as a top contender and leaves Cathedral with the most state titles in Cathedral history with 5 rings. For a school with a gazillion IHSAA titles, he can rest easy knowing he was one of the greatest that walked our halls. 

I know a stud like him probably only worries about the blue ones.... but he's got a red one too.

6 💍  rings... Definitely one of the best!

Ps. Like so many have said before... thanks for bumping up and wrestling Mendez 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.