PhenoMENDEZ

brickfor6

It has been such a privilege to watch Jesse the past 4+ years. This weekend he looks to become the 10th 4x state champ all time. 

I would love for the IHSAA to put the 138 match last under the lights. It is always such an amazing atmosphere seeing a 4 timer go out. Standing O....He deserves it.

Not to mention he is a great kid from a great family. 

Congrats Jesse so far...Finish it off! It has been amazing thus far. 

They could move it, but the issue is it is supposed to be random.  Making 138 last isn't random.

I think it's a great idea, and would love to see this happen every year.  It would be fun to see 220 and 285 start things off for a change.

Good Luck this weekend everyone, unless you're wrestling a Red Bulldog.  

39 minutes ago, blorek said:

They could move it, but the issue is it is supposed to be random.  Making 138 last isn't random.

I think it's a great idea, and would love to see this happen every year.  It would be fun to see 220 and 285 start things off for a change.

Good Luck this weekend everyone, unless you're wrestling a Red Bulldog.  

They did it with Lee/Red...It only makes sense. Zeke going for his 3rd title match before, Jesse for his 4th right after! 

57 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Agree... Also, I think the most impressive thing about Jesse was his freshman year. Won a weight class with what.. two state champs? Or a state champ and a runner up?

Yes he beat Watts. Curtis was also in the bracket....Later Conway, Wagner, and Mendez would be champs

38 minutes ago, gsmith58 said:

I might go back 'before' his freshman year and what he was doing to accomplished High School wrestlers.

His IHPO run has been awesome, he has beat so many nationally ranked guys as well. For me the most impressive thing I have seen out of Jesse was his U23 performance. He Tech'd McKee

21 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

They did it with Lee/Red...It only makes sense. Zeke going for his 3rd title match before, Jesse for his 4th right after! 

Yes he beat Watts. Curtis was also in the bracket....Later Conway, Wagner, and Mendez would be champs

His IHPO run has been awesome, he has beat so many nationally ranked guys as well. For me the most impressive thing I have seen out of Jesse was his U23 performance. He Tech'd McKee

And taking a match vs Cannon on a hurt leg also.

1 hour ago, brickfor6 said:

i don't think they did it with Lee/Red either.  I seem to remember Joe Lee pinning MacIntosh a couple matches later.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.