Jay Co. Sectional

busstogate

19 minutes ago, busstogate said:

Good grief!  That sectional is nuts this year.  Hope there is lots of ice and tape.

Definitely a sectional people might be  looked over…

126 Has wood and Cook who will battle it out in the finals.. With walker and Daniels who are now slouches battling too! 

132 is stacked with three State qualifiers and then to add Calvin Faurote who has beat two of them(Ulhman, and pinned Reiley).

138 is tough having two qualifiers and a stud in Loshe, not to over look Hernandez who had a close match with Clark! 

I feel for Gavin Davis and Austin Lewis(state qualifier) who both won’t be wrestling Saturday at 145. Both would be contenders to be a State qualifier.

152 has three state ranked guys in the weight class with Currie, Dull, and Manley..

Belmont has to be the clear favorite team wise but AC and Jay co could contend. 

15 minutes ago, Y21AB said:

With all of these injuries I could see a team like Prairie Heights sneaking in and winning it.

They will be too busy with porkburgers and dogfighting through brackets.  WN's layout this year won't be a cakewalk.  I think they get enough overall placers to win, though.

1 hour ago, Pg_rated said:

Definitely a sectional people might be  looked over…

126 Has wood and Cook who will battle it out in the finals.. With walker and Daniels who are now slouches battling too! 

132 is stacked with three State qualifiers and then to add Calvin Faurote who has beat two of them(Ulhman, and pinned Reiley).

138 is tough having two qualifiers and a stud in Loshe, not to over look Hernandez who had a close match with Clark! 

I feel for Gavin Davis and Austin Lewis(state qualifier) who both won’t be wrestling Saturday at 145. Both would be contenders to be a State qualifier.

152 has three state ranked guys in the weight class with Currie, Dull, and Manley..

Belmont has to be the clear favorite team wise but AC and Jay co could contend. 

With the 106 and 145 for Bellmont potentially out tomorrow I think AC or Jay County could steal the team win.  If Bellmont's studs all win in the finals it'll be hard to beat them though.

4 minutes ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

With the 106 and 145 for Bellmont potentially out tomorrow I think AC or Jay County could steal the team win.  If Bellmont's studs all win in the finals it'll be hard to beat them though.

AC and Jay County don’t have the horsepower. I say Bellmont comes away with 5 champs and 7 in the finals with another 5 getting through. 

1 minute ago, Thor said:

AC and Jay County don’t have the horsepower. I say Bellmont comes away with 5 champs and 7 in the finals with another 5 getting through. 

Going with my predictions in the other thread I agree with 5 champs from Bellmont.  I think they'll push more through to the finals though.

Shocked to not see any Belmont fans on here posting about the Calvin Faurote match against ulhman.. My heart goes out to that kid and family. Most definitely got robbed on the reversal call. If anyone has a picture they should post it! Felt that match followed him the whole day and cost him advancing to regionals! 

Ps. Keep your head up Calvin, much more to life than wrestling!

5 minutes ago, Pg_rated said:

Shocked to not see any Belmont fans on here posting about the Calvin Faurote match against ulhman.. My heart goes out to that kid and family. Most definitely got robbed on the reversal call. If anyone has a picture they should post it! Felt that match followed him the whole day and cost him advancing to regionals! 

Ps. Keep your head up Calvin, much more to life than wrestling!

That ref should never ref another match again, absolutely robbed the poor kid. Should’ve been in the finals, instead he’s going home. 

6 minutes ago, Pg_rated said:

Still was shocked the refs mad a push for a team title also! 

I heard on the radio how bad it was. I was stuck in Ohio for girl's youth basketball tournament. Doesn't matter the sport or age level, the officiating has been declining rapidly. I'm no superstar athlete or coach, but I do coach youth wrestling in Ohio & our club has been doing a few rivals nights in Indiana. Think the HS kids have done just as well as some licensed officials in both states in numerous sports. I don't want to be too critical as we need officials. However I think the certifications may be achieved too easily bc of the shortages. Not enough time in my schedule to coach & officiate. I'd not be a top notch, but I hope I wouldn't miss some of the obvious things. My FIL has no clue about wrestling but even he questioned things to me that were not legal. Same goes for basketball today where traveling made the NBA traveling look small in comparison. 

5 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

I heard on the radio how bad it was. I was stuck in Ohio for girl's youth basketball tournament. Doesn't matter the sport or age level, the officiating has been declining rapidly. I'm no superstar athlete or coach, but I do coach youth wrestling in Ohio & our club has been doing a few rivals nights in Indiana. Think the HS kids have done just as well as some licensed officials in both states in numerous sports. I don't want to be too critical as we need officials. However I think the certifications may be achieved too easily bc of the shortages. Not enough time in my schedule to coach & officiate. I'd not be a top notch, but I hope I wouldn't miss some of the obvious things. My FIL has no clue about wrestling but even he questioned things to me that were not legal. Same goes for basketball today where traveling made the NBA traveling look small in comparison. 

The main problems were with guys doing it for a long time. One guy flaunted his 41 years in wrestling to try to prove a point that he was obviously wrong on. 

Just now, Thor said:

The main problems were with guys doing it for a long time. One guy flaunted his 41 years in wrestling to try to prove a point that he was obviously wrong on. 

One of the best officials in our dual tournament in Ohio, which AC (my alma mater) was at as well, was the HS wrestler from Wayne Trace who is the defending state champ in D3. They were all decent at Wayne Trace compared to others. The old long time one in Liberty Center Ohio did not impress me. The big problem is the old quality guys are retired and the older guys a notch below are still at it. Plus the young guys just there for the paycheck. You can always spot the motives of all.

11 minutes ago, casualwrestlingfan said:

The ref awarded ulhman who was on his butt 2 for the reversal and said Calvin had lost control!

62A21400-8D14-4A05-8518-A85B680B34B6.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Thor said:

That ref should never ref another match again, absolutely robbed the poor kid. Should’ve been in the finals, instead he’s going home. 

Awful call.  It was the first thing I pulled up on Berne Witness when I got home.  No reversal in any sense of wrestling that I've ever experienced. And to see that ref LAUGHING about it after he sat down made it worse.  He had 1 other terrible non-call in Luginbill's match I believe the next round when the opponent was just laying flat.  I hardly ever complain about ref's, as I used to do a lot of umpiring little league baseball games.  This ref however, downright pitiful.  

I told y'all AC would push Bellmont, and nearly pulled it off.  After Bellmont won the 195 weight class it was over.   Dull and Currie did not disappoint again.  I'll have to review my predictions and see how I did.  The Hernandez 138 impressed me.  Beat Loshe for 3/4.  Going to be a tough Regional for those guys.  138 is stacked.

Just now, Pg_rated said:

The ref awarded ulhman who was on his butt 2 for the reversal and said Calvin had lost control!

This picture was literally about 1 seconds later…  Wouldn’t let be submit video or else that would blow your mind! 

9A318A9F-EC49-4565-8499-2AD1C646A622.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pg_rated said:

I've heard the official in question has not been highly thought of in other events. Like I said, this is all from the shortage. Guess we have this or no wrestling at all unfortunately. Had a basketball ref stop mid game today bc of getting questioned by both coaches let alone fans. OHSAA & IHSAA licensing standards across ALL SPORTS just to get enough to participate. 

1 minute ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

Awful call.  It was the first thing I pulled up on Berne Witness when I got home.  No reversal in any sense of wrestling that I've ever experienced. And to see that ref LAUGHING about it after he sat down made it worse.  He had 1 other terrible non-call in Luginbill's match I believe the next round when the opponent was just laying flat.  I hardly ever complain about ref's, as I used to do a lot of umpiring little league baseball games.  This ref however, downright pitiful.  

I told y'all AC would push Bellmont, and nearly pulled it off.  After Bellmont won the 195 weight class it was over.   Dull and Currie did not disappoint again.  I'll have to review my predictions and see how I did.  The Hernandez 138 impressed me.  Beat Loshe for 3/4.  Going to be a tough Regional for those guys.  138 is stacked.

The Dull currie match did not disappoint! Two phenomenal athletes both in on a lot of attacks. Didn’t like the reffing in that one thought it could have been closer based on some takedown/non takedown calls. 

3 minutes ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

https://bernewitness.com/webcast/?bfplayvid=349740

It's 2 hours and 40 secs in...Faurote down 1. Gets the go ahead takedown...and then the phantom reversal.

Random question, but why is JC the host for sectional? They do a good job, but since they host regional, I'd figure the state would spread the wealth. South Adams based on location makes sense. Jay County for regionals & location make sense. Is it due to size or bidding? Just random question I've had for years.