Al Smith All Weights

Danny Bell1

The Al Smith is what some of us up here call the “fifth semi-state” being that the talent there is some of the best talent in the state. That being said, looking at the schools in attendance, and the ranked wrestlers squaring off I have two questions: 

1.) What gym will have the most explosive matchups, big/little gym? 
2.) Who are the top 4 going to be in each weight, and what matchups will you be looking forward to the most?

I think the “little guy” gym will have the most explosive matches, plus it also may have the most upsets.

Im not knowledgeable about who the best wrestlers are, so I’ll leave that to the mob. 

Edited by Danny Bell1

1 hour ago, TeamInjuryTime07 said:

195 is going to be fun to watch

State Ranked

1 Buchanan CG

2 Cruz CP

3 Veazy FW Snider

All 3 of these guys are studs and I look forward to the match ups.

Those are 182 wrestlers. All 3 are studs, and that weight will be fun to watch. 

13 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

There will be a lot of highly ranked match ups. But the real question is who will be the break out star that is ranked low or unranked? 

113 and 120 are really close in talent which I think would leave these weight classes wide open, but 152 has 1v2 possibility. 160 2v3 possibly, and 182 is loaded. 1v2v3v5v7! That’s a weight I will watch in the blood round. 220 is paired evenly as well. This tournament should show us all who’s who going into team state. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.