Castle 6way

Jayruss

Sitting far away looks like Nick Lee didn't wrestle against Jasper. His younger brother Joe looks like he can be trouble for anyone at 132. I think James wins that one, but Joe will make it highly competitive. Btw MD steamrolled Jasper , think it was 13 pins

Sitting far away looks like Nick Lee didn't wrestle against Jasper. His younger brother Joe looks like he can be trouble for anyone at 132. I think James wins that one, but Joe will make it highly competitive. Btw MD steamrolled Jasper , think it was 13 pins

In earlier duals this week, Nick has been wrestling 132 and Joe at 138.  Not sure how that will play out, but it looks as if older brother may get the first choice if they are both about the same weight.

Does anyone have any thoughts on today's wrestling? Good matches? Anyone standout? Observations? Would love to hear any input.

Mater Dei is still Mater Dei... The Lee brothers are the real deal, and over all the Wildcats are a well rounded team.

Castle is the team I kept finding myself watching. I have no dog in the fight one way or the other and I really don't know the kids, but from what I understand Castle is really young, and have a coue of starters that are literally wrestling got their first time ever...they handled what they were given very well and showed a great amount of promise.

Around Conference time we will all know more about who will be where and wrestling who... This year's SIAC might be a fun one...

Here's my take on yesterday:  

Mater Dei was as bad as they are going to be all year yesterday (due to mild injuries/football transition), yet they rolled through the competition.  They are but are stupid good from 113-145 (I predict all will be in Indy in mid Feb '15.), very good at 170 and 182 and decent everywhere else. 

Castle rolled through everyone as well with the obvious exception with only three senior starters I believe (compared to five freshmen including their 220).  Their HWT is a first year wrestler. 

Bloomington South is down this year although Schermer did not wrestle yesterday.  Freshman Noah Hunt is a strong 106 for them.

Jasper, Jeff are way down.  Fern Creek (KY) did not know what hit them.

Did Blake Jourdan wrestle this weekend?

Yes he wrestled 145 against Bloomington South (won by Fall); Castle (won by dec. over Schnell) and Fern Creek (won by Fall).  Wyatt Montgomery wrestled 145 against Jasper and Jeffersonville (won both by Fall).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.