Lets not ruin the gift

Salinas

Ohio had 10,989 attendees for the first round of their watered down state finals.

There are people on their forums asking for tickets....must be rough in a watered down tournament without true champions.

According to the US Census Bureau;

Indiana population 6.537 million

Illionois population 12.88 million.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohio had 10,989 attendees for the first round of their watered down state finals.

There are people on their forums asking for tickets....must be rough in a watered down tournament without true champions.

Can definitely say this is due to class wrestling ? There are other factors that can help attendance such as media, promotion,  weather, economics....

what was indiana's friday night attendance???  i heard it was close to 10 k    so at 10k it would be and average of 40 people per state qualifier.

for what you said about ohio  that would be 10989 divided by 732 state qualifiers to equal 15 spectators per state qualifier so why are indiana wrestling fans so much more dedicated than ohio?  possibly because there isnt class wrestling??

what was indiana's friday night attendance???  i heard it was close to 10 k    so at 10k it would be and average of 40 people per state qualifier.

for what you said about ohio  that would be 10989 divided by 732 state qualifiers to equal 15 spectators per state qualifier so why are indiana wrestling fans so much more dedicated than ohio?  possibly because there isnt class wrestling??

Oh yes, Indiana fans are much more dedicated.

You obviously are blind to the fact that it was a THURSDAY AFTERNOON in which 11,000 fans went to watch high school wrestling in Ohio. And a classed event at that!

Plus, at Ohio's state finals they have....wait for it.....wait for it.....FIREWORKS!!!!

I know a simple mind like you probably LOVES fireworks.

im sorry i destroyed whatever point you were trying to make lol    and fireworks dont appeal to me in wrestling  i disliked the smoke cannons at the ncaa tournament last year    i like fireworks during the regatta here in madison when ive been drinking beer for 10 hours though

since its not fair to compare the friday vs thursday  please get the attendance numbers for the finals of both tournaments

Here we go again focusing on one factor. Maybe Wisconsin has a higher population density near their state finals. Maybe its because their state finals ticket price is only $8. Maybe there is nothing else to do there.

The one thing i do know is that Indianas state finals was a far better experience than any of the classed states. We should use this event to build indiana wrestling. Next year bring some people that have never been to the state finals. Maybe that could help grow the sport. I remember the first finals i ever went to. It had a huge effect on me.

Here we go again focusing on one factor. Maybe Wisconsin has a higher population density near their state finals. Maybe its because their state finals ticket price is only $8. Maybe there is nothing else to do there.

The one thing i do know is that Indianas state finals was a far better experience than any of the classed states. We should use this event to build indiana wrestling. Next year bring some people that have never been to the state finals. Maybe that could help grow the sport. I remember the first finals i ever went to. It had a huge effect on me.

So lets just ignore these numbers even though the naysayers say that attendance at a multi-class event would suffer.

Wisconsin is actually bigger than Indiana in terms of size by almost 29,000 square miles.

also didnt we break our attendance record this year?  id say that is growth right???   

Last year their finals drew 13,820 fans and that is just the finals session, no consolation matches.  That is 164 fans per wrestler. 

Our finals 10,990 or 98 fans per wrestler.

i dont believe you can break it down like that because probably every fan that watched the consols in indiana also watched the finals    and there were pleanty of fans that showed up for just the finals that would be included in the session attendance    Nice try though ;D

i think attendance would most likely go up because of families going to watch their wrestler  but once again the quality of the wrestling would go down  so as i stated before the parents that then would spend money for there tickets food hotel and so on...would be better off spending the money on there SS qualifier sending them to camps to actually get better

why are you so driven on attendance or money?  is this somehow going to fill your wallet?

also didnt we break our attendance record this year?  id say that is growth right???   

i dont believe you can break it down like that because probably every fan that watched the consols in indiana also watched the finals    and there were pleanty of fans that showed up for just the finals that would be included in the session attendance    Nice try though ;D

Ohhh sorry for using the same math you did

i think attendance would most likely go up because of families going to watch their wrestler  but once again the quality of the wrestling would go down  so as i stated before the parents that then would spend money for there tickets food hotel and so on...would be better off spending the money on there SS qualifier sending them to camps to actually get better

why are you so driven on attendance or money?  is this somehow going to fill your wallet?

If more people attend the state finals is it good or bad? In my mind the more people exposed to the state finals the better it is for the sport. Just my crazy way of thinking.

Ohhh sorry for using the same math you did

why would you bash me and call me simple minded for measuring apples to oranges when i didnt know they started on thursday but then you turn around and do the same thing except you had the knowledge and knew you were doing it?

If more people attend the state finals is it good or bad? In my mind the more people exposed to the state finals the better it is for the sport. Just my crazy way of thinking.

when i tell people about state finals i always show them the same picture i have on my profile right now  of the lights down on the only two people that matter with all eyes in attendance watching them and only them.  do i want more people exposed to that  i sure do    if you change it i might just watch the webcast from home unless i had someone to actually support

why would you bash me and call me simple minded for measuring apples to oranges when i didnt know they started on thursday but then you turn around and do the same thing except you had the knowledge and knew you were doing it?

when i tell people about state finals i always show them the same picture i have on my profile right now  of the lights down on the only two people that matter with all eyes in attendance watching them and only them.  do i want more people exposed to that  i sure do    if you change it i might just watch the webcast from home unless i had someone to actually support

Nothing quite like a false threat of not attending the event. I am sure the IHSAA will shutter at your lack of attending.

Wisconsin is bigger, I didnt argue that. I said their population was more densly located. In contrast to Indiana which has its population spread to far ends.  Im saying you are looking at one fact, Some states that have class wrestling are better than Indiana, then drawing the conclusion that class wrestling is the answer.

Its like saying rich people have big houses so we need to buy a big house so we can be rich too. Nevermind the work it took to get there. Take your blinders off.

Nothing quite like a false threat of not attending the event. I am sure the IHSAA will shutter at your lack of attending.

a comment for my comment but not an answer for my question  typical y2

you argue like a politician.  if i asked you why Obama made a decision the way he did you would call me a racist

Wisconsin is bigger, I didnt argue that. I said their population was more densly located. In contrast to Indiana which has its population spread to far ends.  Im saying you are looking at one fact, Some states that have class wrestling are better than Indiana, then drawing the conclusion that class wrestling,is the answer.

Its like saying rich people have big houses so we need to buy a big house so we can be rich too. Nevermind the work it took to get there. Take you blinders off.

You say: Attendance will suffer

I say: Look at Ohio

You say: Their population is bigger

I say: Look at Wisconsin

You say: Ohh their population density is greater

So now the reason we don't get 15,000 at the state finals is because of our population density? This is a first for this "reason," so I will give you props on that one.

So now the reason we don't get 15,000 at the state finals is because of our population density? This is a first for this "reason," so I will give you props on that one.

haha  this from a person who has a hollow answer for every question, or ignores the questions completely but changes the subject, or gives you numbers that only line up with his agenda even if it means changing the facts. 

a comment for my comment but not an answer for my question  typical y2

you argue like a politician.  if i asked you why Obama made a decision the way he did you would call me a racist

Well you win then, I lose.

You not attending a classed state finals in the straw that breaks the camel's back in this discussion.

I got it, 2 classes.  We eliminate the break on Saturday.  We wrestle the finals under the lights, one match at a time alternating class A 106 then Class AA Hwt and so on one class starting low the other starting High.  Then the IHSWCA can have a tourney the following weekend where the top four finishers at each weight from both classes wrestle with full wrestle backs! Everybody is happy!!!

I got it, 2 classes.  We eliminate the break on Saturday.  We wrestle the finals under the lights, one match at a time alternating class A 106 then Class AA Hwt and so on one class starting low the other starting High.  Then the IHSWCA can have a tourney the following weekend where the top four finishers at each weight from both classes wrestle with full wrestle backs! Everybody is happy!!!

Sorry, if Madtownxwrestler isn't going to come then we can't have the tournament.

Population density would be a bogus argument.  First, the finals are held in Indy which has a huge percentage of our state's population right there near the event.  Second, interstate access to Indy is easy from all corners of the state (and getting better with I-69).

Well you win then, I lose.

You not attending a classed state finals in the straw that breaks the camel's back in this discussion.

dont bother answering any questions.  maybe you should do the work to get classed wrestling in indiana    the level of competition needs to improve before classes should be introduced    maybe you should go to the small schools to improve their wrestlers      or you could  get everyone in favor of classed wrestling to boycott the HS season next year.  that would speak volumes

dont bother answering any questions.  maybe you should do the work to get classed wrestling in indiana    the level of competition needs to improve before classes should be introduced    maybe you should go to the small schools to improve their wrestlers      or you could  get everyone in favor of classed wrestling to boycott the HS season next year.  that would speak volumes

We can't have a classed system because you won't attend, plain and simple. Until you give it your blessing and will attend the argument is null and void.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.