Lets not ruin the gift

Salinas

sorry  i meant median  that is the way they deal with outliers in some instances  but for example if schools number of state qualifiers

8,3,3,3,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0    the median is a zero    that would probably be the case with all three classes

Math is not your strong suit is it?

Using these statistics I can figure if the median is zero/0/nada/zilch

[table]

[/td][td]All 3A 2A 1A 2A 1A

Schools 313 104 104 105 156 157

Teams w/ a state qualifier 193 87 65 41 120 73

Teams w/ a state placer 131 73 42 16 96 35

Teams w/ a state qualifier 61.66% 83.65% 62.50% 39.05% 76.92% 46.50%

Teams w/ a state placer 41.85% 70.19% 40.38% 15.24% 61.54% 22.29%

[/table]

All Schools- > 0

3A- > 0

2A- > 0

1A- = 0

2A- > 0

1A- = 0

> That means greater than

For example: 3 is greater than or > 2

= That means equals

For example: 7 equals or = 7

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in my day, our school would wrestle 1 team twice, once at their school and once at ours in front of the student body on a schoolday afternoon. They would let classes out early to do this and it was great exposure to an audience that mostly had no idea what wrestling was. I know guys that came out for the team because of it and to my knowledge this doesn't happen today :(, maybe schools cant cause of rules but it was great exposure.

Back in my day, our school would wrestle 1 team twice, once at their school and once at ours in front of the student body on a schoolday afternoon. They would let classes out early to do this and it was great exposure to an audience that mostly had no idea what wrestling was. I know guys that came out for the team because of it and to my knowledge this doesn't happen today :(, maybe schools cant cause of rules but it was great exposure.

I believe two top ranked teams in Michigan did that this year, but they are classed so it doesn't count.

Not sure if anyone has done it in Indiana recently.

You realize they didn't wrestle a very tough schedule right?  How do you think they would do wrestling the top 5 big Ten schools?

They are ranked 4th nationally dual wise and 11th tournament wise.  They'd hold their own.  They have wins against Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Missouri and Iowa State, all top 15 teams. 

I think that the ncaa tournament will show how good they aren't.  They are a good team but their conference isn't even close to the competition they will see at NCAA's    also their mascot the Panther isn't even a real animal

No conference is at the competition level of the NCAAs other than maybe the Big 10 when looking at the NCAA opening rounds.  But the MAC is the second or at least the third toughest wrestling conference in the nation after the Big 10.  Neck and neck with the EIWA.  So just a few points from winning the conference tournament over Missouri and qualifying the majority of their team should give them some clout, even if they are not quite on par with the top teir Big 10 teams.  Schwab has really revitalized that program since taking the reigns a few years ago. 

Any idea why a 4 time undefeated state champ would be going to Northern Iowa to wrestle instead of a better wrestling school?

Northern Iowa has perennialy been a top 25 team in the country and has a great wrestling tradition and could compete with Big Ten schools.

I think that the ncaa tournament will show how good they aren't.  They are a good team but their conference isn't even close to the competition they will see at NCAA's    also their mascot the Panther isn't even a real animal

UNI beat Missouri, Oklahoma, and Iowa State and was 2-0 vs the big Ten.  I think they would give PSU, IA, MN and OSU a run and would beat the other teams in the Big 10.  I wonder why they didnt wrestle Iowa this year which is a only away.  I bet Iowa doesnt want to Dual them.  The MAC is also a very tough wrestling conference.  Madtownx should look at rankings.    Oh yea, like you said numbers mean anything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.