Matches this week

Y2CJ41

What matches do we have this week?

Capital City Classic with Perry Meridian, Franklin Central, Warren Central, Beech Grove, Jeffersonville, Columbus North, Bloomington North and Speedway

John Hurrle

Northern Indiana Challenge with Munster, Hobart, Kankakee Valley, Valparaiso, Twin Lakes, Laf Harrison, Kokomo, Culver Community, FW Carroll, FW Wayne, DeKalb, Angola

Add yours to the list

Elkhart Memorial starts it's season out at the Chesterton Invite on the 23rd.

Teams from last year were.....

Chesterton

Elkhart Memorial

Portage

Lawrence North

Delphi

McCutcheon

Munster

Kankakee Valley

Looks like by a previous post that 2 of the teams (Munster and Kankakee Valley) are going elsewhere.

Anyone know the lineup for this year?

Hammond Clark at. Highland on Wednesday 11/20.  We split duals last year.  Clark has some state fringe guys coming back, some others with experience, and some newbs.  Don't know much on Highland, but I heard they will have Hammond High stud Steve Marks coaching in some capacity.  Hopefully, this is a solid and fun meet.

Elkhart Memorial starts it's season out at the Chesterton Invite on the 23rd.

Teams from last year were.....

Chesterton

Elkhart Memorial

Portage

Lawrence North

Delphi

McCutcheon

Munster

Kankakee Valley

Looks like by a previous post that 2 of the teams (Munster and Kankakee Valley) are going elsewhere.

Anyone know the lineup for this year?

sounds like they are just going as it was minus munster and kankakee valley.......5 matches so you get to wrestle everyone......

Madison vs. Batesville Thursday night at 6 in Madison

Will there be a concession stand?  That is right at my dinner time.

Friday Night Fights - Madison High School - Friday night at 6 - Madison, Greensburg, Switzerland County, and Indiana's newest wrestling team The Shawe Memorial Hilltoppers

Shawe has 1 kid, switz usually has 7-9, I have to drive to Bloomington Friday night so refs will using touch falls

wow.......one kid?.......i'm glad to see a school try to get a program started but with only one kid i'm surprised they keep it going.......and who does he practice with?.......i guess just the coach?.......i'm assuming this is a really small school?

Shawe Is a small Catholic School in Madison.  If they the Schroeders of Southwestern all attended Shawes middle school but decided to move to Southwestern so they could wrestle since Shawe didn't have a program.

Technically Shawe didn't start the program as much as this kid wanted to wrestle.  He attended alot of our club practices and after talking to their AD and the IHSAA we worked it out the the IHSAA would grant him to work out in our room during our practice since Shawe doesn't have facility but we are not allowed to coach him at meets.  Great kid and I hope down the road Shawe can possibly get a practice facility together and get more kids out for the sport. 

Coach Skinner

Shawe Is a small Catholic School in Madison.  If they the Schroeders of Southwestern all attended Shawes middle school but decided to move to Southwestern so they could wrestle since Shawe didn't have a program.

Technically Shawe didn't start the program as much as this kid wanted to wrestle.  He attended alot of our club practices and after talking to their AD and the IHSAA we worked it out the the IHSAA would grant him to work out in our room during our practice since Shawe doesn't have facility but we are not allowed to coach him at meets.  Great kid and I hope down the road Shawe can possibly get a practice facility together and get more kids out for the sport. 

Coach Skinner

For all the flack the IHSAA gets for a number of their rulings in regard to wrestling from the wrestling community (much of it rightfully so IMO), they deserve a big kudos for getting this one right. Great for the kid, the local community, and the wrestling community as a whole. Class, yes I said class  ::), move from a class act at Madison!

For all the flack the IHSAA gets for a number of their rulings in regard to wrestling from the wrestling community (much of it rightfully so IMO), they deserve a big kudos for getting this one right. Great for the kid, the local community, and the wrestling community as a whole. Class, yes I said class  ::), move from a class act at Madison!

Agreed.  Hopefully he will be able to get a good number of matches in this seson.  With the new rules adjustment regarding FF not counting toward a wrestlers daily match limit it would seem possible for a small team like this to jump into some multi-dual events as an additional team.

Class and Madison in the same sentence, the skies must be falling!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.