Rankings

Go buy the magazine and you will get to see them!

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/645831

Not to be a jerk or anything, but the rankings are really nothing more than entertainment value at best.  Certainly not worth 15 dollars, I don't care how much time someone puts into it.  I will say the mag looks pretty neat, but still not worth seeing rankings based on spotty information at best.  If paying money is the only way to see the rankings this year, I guess I'll have to pass and just watch the season unfold as it goes.  Not a real problem for me because I don't have a horse in this race.  Maybe if I did, I'd pay the 15 dollar ransom.

Not to be a jerk or anything, but the rankings are really nothing more than entertainment value at best.  Certainly not worth 15 dollars, I don't care how much time someone puts into it.  I will say the mag looks pretty neat, but still not worth seeing rankings based on spotty information at best.  If paying money is the only way to see the rankings this year, I guess I'll have to pass and just watch the season unfold as it goes.  Not a real problem for me because I don't have a horse in this race.  Maybe if I did, I'd pay the 15 dollar ransom.

Its a great publication that gives the kids recognition for their passion. Its well worth $15. Also, its not a ransom its just an option to see who is ranked where to start the year. I'm sure they will release the rankings later as they have in years past.

Rankings are always posted for free all year long as soon as the season starts (including the pre-season rankings currently published in the mag) if the price tag is too high and you're not interested in reading about the prospectus for teams and kids around the state. 

Also, I believe the mag is available as a pdf download for $10 if that fits people's budgets a little better.

Finally, although rankings certainly don't determine who wins and loses, the guys who compile the info for these are absolute data hounds--and the rankings at any given point during the year represent about the best possible projection of year-end contenders.  Yes, it's just for "entertainment value", but they are definitely making us all smarter and giving us all better perspective, considering how accurate they end up being at the end of the year.

Rankings are always posted for free all year long as soon as the season starts (including the pre-season rankings currently published in the mag) if the price tag is too high and you're not interested in reading about the prospectus for teams and kids around the state. 

Also, I believe the mag is available as a pdf download for $10 if that fits people's budgets a little better.

Finally, although rankings certainly don't determine who wins and loses, the guys who compile the info for these are absolute data hounds--and the rankings at any given point during the year represent about the best possible projection of year-end contenders.  Yes, it's just for "entertainment value", but they are definitely making us all smarter and giving us all better perspective, considering how accurate they end up being at the end of the year.

You are absolutely correct.  The people that work on putting all of the wrestling information out there have to put a lot of their time into it, time I wouldn't want to commit to.  I respect that.  I'll be honest, I totally would have purchased the magazine if the rankings were not blocked to the public.  It  really is matter of principle for me.  Heck I do not think 15 dollars is too much for one darn good wrestling publication.  (I have seen the magazine already.) I realize that the preseason rankings are the selling point of the magazine, but I think there is enough other great information in the magazine that people still would have purchased it.  I just thought that this web site was the source of wrestling information for the wrestling community.  I think the preseason rankings should have been posted for public  viewing.  However, I truly am grateful and respect the people who dedicate their time to putting wrestling information out there.  Without you guys, we who love the sport, would be in the dark.

The magazine is a legitimate way for the folks who run this site to add a few extra dollars to put into the site's kitty.

We have the benefit of visiting a free (to us) site that presents a lot of great info on the sport that we all love. Their fee of $15 for the pre-season magazine is quite modest, and their decision to not post the rankings online yet is very reasonable.

There will be plenty of rankings (again, for FREE) on here all season that will be a result of their hard work and dedication.

We can all appreciate and thank them very much for what they do.

it's a matter of principle that you want others' hard work to be given to you for free? Are you aware that numerous states charge money for their rankings (which this site provides for free after the initial magazine release)? It's completely fine that you choose not to purchase the magazine, but to turn this into a 'matter of principle', when everyone associated with the site does it purely for the love of the sport and doesn't charge a dime for full access to the site is, well, bizarre and sounds like self-entitlement. No one is asking that the site contributors be given keys to the city or anything, but your 'matter of principle' is insulting and makes you sound spoiled.

i think there is a cheerleading site you can go to that has free rankings.....maybe that would be better suited to you.....$15 ransom?.....seriously?.....i can't imagine how much time y2 and his people put into this and i would guess it ain't for the money......and that "spotty" infornation comes from a lot of research and ends up being pretty damn accurate.......

If it isn't a problem why are you complaining about it and calling the rankings spotty?

You are absolutely correct.  The people that work on putting all of the wrestling information out there have to put a lot of their time into it, time I wouldn't want to commit to.  I respect that.  I'll be honest, I totally would have purchased the magazine if the rankings were not blocked to the public. 

I call BS on that, you stated earlier that the rankings were basically worthless and not worth the price of the magazine.

It  really is matter of principle for me.  Heck I do not think 15 dollars is too much for one darn good wrestling publication.  (I have seen the magazine already.) I realize that the preseason rankings are the selling point of the magazine, but I think there is enough other great information in the magazine that people still would have purchased it. 

The magazine is more than about rankings, but it seems to be your biggest beef. This magazine is about promoting the sport in this state. Everyone outside of Indiana that have seen this magazine are extremely impressed and jealous that NO OTHER STATE DOES THIS!

I just thought that this web site was the source of wrestling information for the wrestling community.

Since when isn't this website a source of wrestling information? Did I miss something?

I think the preseason rankings should have been posted for public  viewing.

I think that I should just be able to go to Wal Mart and get everything there for free, but for some odd reason they won't let me get it for free.

However, I truly am grateful and respect the people who dedicate their time to putting wrestling information out there.  Without you guys, we who love the sport, would be in the dark.

You are not grateful for this website as you are on here criticizing what we are doing calling the rankings nothing but entertainment value and spotty. The magazine is a tool for promoting the sport in the state. We send out digital copies to many media members throughout the state and even nationally to help get the guys recognition for their wrestling. Try to go find another state website that does the things we do here.  Go try to find rankings on Ohio kids or try to find a messageboard in Michigan or one in Ohio that doesn't have people spamming about tournaments, clinics or clubs.  You are flat out spoiled here and you are acting like spoiled rotten brat that is whining because he has to pay for PRESEASON rankings. Guess what? We don't have to do preseason rankings, we can just throw them out starting after wrestling begins.  Heck we don't even have to have this website.  In all honesty since you think that we just hold things for ransom, I can even make it that your viewing of the messageboard would be held for ransom if you wish.

We have NEVER once begged for money for the website here. Something that other boards and sites can't say. We have found great ways to raise money to give the guys that work on rankings and articles more than just a couple free tshirts. If you can't afford $15 for one of these magazines, you certainly can't afford to pay for internet or a cell phone. You are getting indepth wrestling information in OCTOBER for a wrestling season that doesn't begin until mid-November.

On top of using the proceeds from this magazine to reimburse people for their in season expenses we also give $1+ from the magazine to wrestling related causes in order to give back to our sport. We have given around $800 in the past two years to the Joe Kieffer cancer fundraiser and to a scholarship in the name of Nick Taylor who was a former South Adams wrestler who died serving our country. This year we are giving a dollar to the John Willems Scholarship fund as he was a very influential coach at Hanover Central.

So not only do you get a great magazine, you get to help contribute to a great cause on top of getting great wrestling information.  Sometimes I wish I haven't spoiled some people like I have with this website as it makes me really want to do the bare minimum...or even nothing.  I don't care if you like me personally or not, but you can't argue with what this website has become and how popular it is. If you don't want to buy the magazine, then don't as I am not forcing anyone to buy one. We wanted to put together the magazine to help promote the kids in the state and get people excited for the season and I think we have done that.

Also thank you to everyone who has defended this magazine :)

Hey I take a little jab at Y2 every now and then. But the mag is legit and well worth the $15. Just take a chance and get it. Getting the guys on the cover to sign the past 2 years were easy, it's going to be a little tougher getting all four on the cover to sign this years copy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.