Merrillville Semi state Rankings FINAL

ontherise219

I'm confused... Did Blake's success or my poor attitude change Brian??  And how did I get involved in this? Either way, I look forward to the day that we get to "chat in person like men" because I'm sure a devildog wouldn't "come at" someone they have never met or talked to.

We can chat anytime youd like.this marine speaks the truth, even if it may be un popular.

Actions speak louder than words my friend. I have never spoke with you 1 on 1, no need too. Your actions around the mat speak for themselves. Do you know the sport yes, good coach yes. But your attitude clearly rubs off on your wrestlers, coaches, dads, fans. Many people see this, it is discussed often by many schools in the area

Your team, run it how youd like.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[tt][/tt]

Sounds like some rivalries building in the logonsport regional. When is this twin lakes and north white dual I might have to make the trip from the region

Always intense with the indians. Only 3A school in county with 3 other 1A schools, NW, Frontier, Tri county, rivalries in every sport but wrestling is very intense

TL beat us 38-33 this saturday good dual, good win for them

We hope to wrestle them again at their holiday invite later this month, 10 teams, 2 brackets we are opposite brackets hoping to win ours & see them in finals. They are a good team but so are we

I'm really NOT wanting to get involved, BUT I will have to say as a coach from a former school in that tourney I was put down, yelled at, and even had parents come down from the stands yelling at me while coaching my kids on the mat from yes the fans of NW, because the team I coached last year made a decision at the beginning of the year not to shake hands after each match in a dual meet.  They thought shaking hands and congratulating the team afterwards was by far enough.  I agree with their decision because honestly with the many skin problems we have out there and the many flu like symptoms and colds going around during the winter months I felt strongly with the decision the team made because it only made sense not to keep passing on germs to one another.  Like I said I'm not trying to stir up any problems with you devildog but I think you need to be a little cautious on your words. 

This is not what im saying, after the dual the 2 teams lined up, wrestlers then coaches to shake hands, chris went through shook hands with every wrestler & 2 paid coaches but once he reached me & another volunteer he walked away, purposly not shaking our hands like "volunteer coaches " dont rate.

Really? Like anything i said about hileman was false? He went 39-2 or 40-2 all season, he also beat athe logan regional champ madrano earlier in season & was the best wrestler in that weight class

Hileman was 10% of himself that day, his conditioning is what made him so good he could go 100% for 6+ minutes, he wore kids down. Colin had a serious cold, i think dr said broncitu if i remember, horrible timing for any wrestler

Colin didnt "choke" he was sick, any wrestler knows without lungs, you have no gas, conditioning is huge

I have 0 doubt a healthy hileman wins that weight class

So, dont come at me like i dont know wrestling, yes im loyal to my vikings but im not stupid in picking out good/ greatwwrestlers

I think i finished 3 or 4 overall last yr in the state pick ems....

Lost some respect for you brian, 3 yrs ago we chatted regularly when i was in usmc traveling the US & your son a freshman, had good conversations, you were humble & nice, i supported your son, TL, county wrestler..

3 yrs later, your not the same guy. Your sons success has changed you & im not the only one who has noticed. You act like your better then most parents/dads... Look down on NW & our fans, the attitude of chris has definitely rubbed off on you.

Sad but true...

No need to PM either, we can chat in person like men if want to discuss this, im sure ill see you around

First of all I was talking to count the lights not you.  I was referring to how you put a target on Hileman The same as it seems on Garpow. I do believe you caught a lot of grief about the whole situation last year. I have no idea what you're talking about I do not shove in anyone's face that Blake is a decent wrestler or anything even close to that at all. I nor my son deserve any crap like that from you. You're the one that people have a problem with not me. I've always been humble about Blake hell I'm just thrilled that he's able to have done what he has and thankful to be a part of this great sport.

This is not what im saying, after the dual the 2 teams lined up, wrestlers then coaches to shake hands, chris went through shook hands with every wrestler & 2 paid coaches but once he reached me & another volunteer he walked away, purposly not shaking our hands like "volunteer coaches " dont rate.

Come on DevilDog, do you really think anybody knows or cares that you're not or on the payroll.  You're getting a little too sensitive on this one.

For the record, everything I have posted is MY personal opinion and beliefs. not that of NW head coach Jerry Holeman or the wrestling program

if anyone has anything negative to say please address ME not Coach Holeman. PM me or email me (It is listed on my profile) if you have something you don't agree with

Some people feel that what I have said is a "black eye" to NW, these same people feel it is 100% ok that the TL head coach pretty much called me out on here lol some people amaze me...

I love NW, I bleed blue & I always will. I am a very intense person, passionate, loud, vocal, & outspoken. Its the Marine in me, its how I will always be! Some people don't understand that & that's ok.

I won't be commenting on anything else regarding these posts from this point on, I have stated my opinions and clearly made my feelings known. I have said all I need to say

-Anthony Marquez

Don't worry DD -- there's nothing wrong with being a passionate fan for the sport of wrestling.. Defending the school you love and the wrestlers that you would do anything for definitely shows.. Shouldn't ever apologize for being honest and real, good luck to both teams at the Holiday Duals

Regardless of what anyone says or does. It's about the kids. DD has stayed true and loyal to all of his guys and these days loyalty is hard to come bye.. On that note, haters gon' hate -- don't sweat it. You should only be offended if their opinions mattered

DD,    Everybody understands your school loyalty and Marinesque passion, and I love it too.    I also understand the small school chip on the shoulder.  You also could be fair in saying in this entertaining mid afternoon spat, you were called out.  But come on, you're doing some heavy duty calling out yourself.  It flies both ways.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.