Merrillville Semi state Rankings FINAL

ontherise219

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardus was at 106 a few weeks ago? Why would he be 113?

At 106 did tolin and Joseph face off this weekend?

No, Chesterton and Portage will not wrestle each other until next week.  I do not understand why they do not wrestle at the Chesterton Super Duals.  It was on the score sheet that they were going to wrestle this year.

No, Chesterton and Portage will not wrestle each other until next week.  I do not understand why they do not wrestle at the Chesterton Super Duals.  It was on the score sheet that they were going to wrestle this year.

If I had to speculate, and that is exactly what I'm doing here, they have to wrestle in a conference dual at some point during the year, so why waste an opportunity to wrestle teams you otherwise won't wrestle during the season by wrestling a conference foe you'll likely wrestle 2-4 times.  I'm sure from a rivalry and spectator's perspective it was a let down, but from a coaching perspective it makes perfect sense to get matches versus other teams.

i thought it was odd also.....they were paired up for the last round of the day but it was announced that they would not be wrestling......i asked one of the chesterton wrestlers why and he said it was because they were in the same conference and would be wrestling in a couple of weeks......didn't make much sense to me......there are no rules i know of that say you can't wrestle a team in your conference at a non conference tournament.......maybe neither of them wanted to show their hand at the moment......my guess is if they had wrestled, it would be close but portage would win......

If I had to speculate, and that is exactly what I'm doing here, they have to wrestle in a conference dual at some point during the year, so why waste an opportunity to wrestle teams you otherwise won't wrestle during the season by wrestling a conference foe you'll likely wrestle 2-4 times.  I'm sure from a rivalry and spectator's perspective it was a let down, but from a coaching perspective it makes perfect sense to get matches versus other teams.

it was a 6 team tournament and everyone was supposed to wrestle 5 times so would automatically wrestle everyone there.......had nothing to do with wanting to wrestle other teams because that happened anyway......they just called it off in the final round.....

it was a 6 team tournament and everyone was supposed to wrestle 5 times so would automatically wrestle everyone there.......had nothing to do with wanting to wrestle other teams because that happened anyway......they just called it off in the final round.....

I said I was speculating, so clearly I didn't have all of the details as far as the number of teams. I will stick to my original thought process however.  They will see each other 3-5 other times during the year, no reason to wrestle a dual that you'll see in a few weeks. 

I said I was speculating, so clearly I didn't have all of the details as far as the number of teams. I will stick to my original thought process however.  They will see each other 3-5 other times during the year, no reason to wrestle a dual that you'll see in a few weeks.

other than good quality mat time against good quality opponents.......i would have said lets do it......but someone thought otherwise......

Correct, someone who gets paid to make those decisions.  It's hard enough to win one wrestling match, the more opportunities you give an opponent, the better opportunity they have to learn your tendencies and eventually beat you.  I believe it was a sound coaching decision on Joll's part.  Not wrestling one match when you more than likely will wrestle over 40 times in a season is not a big deal.

Correct, someone who gets paid to make those decisions.  It's hard enough to win one wrestling match, the more opportunities you give an opponent, the better opportunity they have to learn your tendencies and eventually beat you.  I believe it was a sound coaching decision on Joll's part.  Not wrestling one match when you more than likely will wrestle over 40 times in a season is not a big deal.

that really doesn't make any sense if you look at it as it gives you the opportunity to learn more about your opponent so you can be better and eventually beat them.......so what's the difference?......in the end it's about mat time and rather you "get paid" to make that decision or not, nothing beats mat time regardless of who it is against.....i think most people would have said let's wrestle since in the end there is nothing huge to gain one way or the other......i bet all of the kids would have wanted to wrestle versus not.....

that really doesn't make any sense if you look at it as it gives you the opportunity to learn more about your opponent so you can be better and eventually beat them.......so what's the difference?......in the end it's about mat time and rather you "get paid" to make that decision or not, nothing beats mat time regardless of who it is against.....i think most people would have said let's wrestle since in the end there is nothing huge to gain one way or the other......i bet all of the kids would have wanted to wrestle versus not.....

Last response to this petty pissing match. They didn't wrestle it, so clearly the kids didn't get a vote. The coaches obviously didn't see the value in it, a point of view I happen to agree with, so they didn't wrestle it.  There is no rebuttal necessary, they didn't wrestle , period.

Last response to this petty pissing match. They didn't wrestle it, so clearly the kids didn't get a vote. The coaches obviously didn't see the value in it, a point of view I happen to agree with, so they didn't wrestle it.  There is no rebuttal necessary, they didn't wrestle , period.

yep.....you're right.....they didn't wrestle.....but they should have.......no rebuttal necessary.......lol......and i wasn't pissing, just stating the facts.....

yep.....you're right.....they didn't wrestle.....but they should have.......no rebuttal necessary.......lol......and i wasn't pissing, just stating the facts.....

I just can't help myself. You did not state a fact sir, what you did was state your opinion, which was that the teams should have wrestled. The fact of the matter is that they did not wrestle. I hope this clarifies fact versus opinion to you. LOL

I just can't help myself. You did not state a fact sir, what you did was state your opinion, which was that the teams should have wrestled. The fact of the matter is that they did not wrestle. I hope this clarifies fact versus opinion to you. LOL

sportsfan......come on now.......here are the facts.......

what's the difference?......none like i said....so i'm right

nothing beats mat time......yep that's true....so i'm right

most people say wrestle and nothing huge to gain.....yep so i'm right

all of the kid's would rather have wrestled.....yep so i'm right

all fact's for sure so i'm right......

dang dude i don't know what else to say other than i am for sure right.......lol

I see the 145 from Laporte (wordlaw) is still ranked out of your semi state, yet he is not on their roster nor did he wrestle at Harrison tourney this weekend.  Any idea what's going on?

No clue that was based off of last years semi state appearance. Did eldrige wrestle 170?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.