Micic vs Boston

unknown wrestler

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think boston takes him all day!  Boston is bigger and just nasty.  Last year he looked great at indiana mat.

LOL! I've heard this before. Micic walked through Fila Cadets and Fargo without giving up a point or wresting out of the 1st period. And while still a Fila Cadet wrestled up at the Fila Juniors and took 5th beating several College wrestlers. He's ranked #1 in the US for a reason. Boston is 10th for a reason as well. I really don't think this match would be very close. As ontherise219 said the two of them meeting up at Junior nationals would be a fitting close the their HS careers.

MC,

Boston is as high as 5th in some rankings, but I would agree Micic's put together a bigger national résumé in the last few years.  While Micic has been a major freestyle force, Boston has stuck with Folkstyle event.  Though Boston has done well in the evebts he enters, Micics expanded body of work probably helps give him the nod for most Rankers and fantasy match predictors.  I'd go with Micic right now based on recent success, but Boston is still a dangerous opponent for any of the top lightweights.  Drooke's right though that the fans win if the match ever does occur.

Irrespective of their rankings this match would feature two very close wrestlers. What would be interesting to me is how this would figure in the debate that freestyle work helps in folkstyle.You have as I understand Boston wrestling folkstyle in the off season while Micic not only wrestled freestyle all summer but had the benefit if working with some of the best coaches in the country. Should Boston prevail it might it might go to the "keep wrestling folkstyle" in the summer argument. Were Micic win and in fact win in a dominating fashion it would go a long way to the argument of wrestling freestyle in the off season to help the folkstyle.

Maybe if Micic doesn't come which would make sense for him to give himself a rest from a pretty intense summer schedule there may in fact be other matchups in this meet that would be towards this point.

LOL! I've heard this before. Micic walked through Fila Cadets and Fargo without giving up a point or wresting out of the 1st period. And while still a Fila Cadet wrestled up at the Fila Juniors and took 5th beating several College wrestlers. He's ranked #1 in the US for a reason. Boston is 10th for a reason as well. I really don't think this match would be very close. As ontherise219 said the two of them meeting up at Junior nationals would be a fitting close the their HS careers.

Don't like your logic although I agree with your pick, but logic like yours suggest that maybe only the top 4 kids ranked by whatever poll show up because #10 verses #1 is a mismatch. We wrestle the matches for a reason, and I would think you've been around long enough to realize the ignorance of such a bizarre statement :o

logic like yours suggest that maybe only the top 4 kids ranked by whatever poll show up because #10 verses #1 is a mismatch. We wrestle the matches for a reason, and I would think you've been around long enough to realize the ignorance of such a bizarre statement :o

From most perspectives in may appear to be ignorance but in reality its the knowledge I have about this subject. I've had the privilege of being in the right place at the right time to watch Micic train with the likes of Jesse Delgado and several other NCAA wrestlers and coaches. When I see how he handles that level of competition it leaves no question in my mind that this kid is more prepared for the next level than many of todays college freshman. So while it's no more than my opinion, and my be slightly biased. It's based on what I've witnessed not just what I think. When I see the kid take down an NCAA champ it's fairly astounding I think you'll agree. At our practices watching Micic roll with Mich, IL and IN state placers and champs that are 25-30 pounds bigger, yet he controls the action. So it would seem this is more evidence than opinion. To even say "we wrestle matches for a reason" to me is bizarre. Of course matches are wrestled for a reason. But in several weigh classes at the national level there are wrestlers that have separated themselves from the pack. Micic is one of those competitors. Like it or not today that's a proven fact.

From most perspectives in may appear to be ignorance but in reality its the knowledge I have about this subject. I've had the privilege of being in the right place at the right time to watch Micic train with the likes of Jesse Delgado and several other NCAA wrestlers and coaches. When I see how he handles that level of competition it leaves no question in my mind that this kid is more prepared for the next level than many of todays college freshman. So while it's no more than my opinion, and my be slightly biased. It's based on what I've witnessed not just what I think. When I see the kid take down an NCAA champ it's fairly astounding I think you'll agree. At our practices watching Micic roll with Mich, IL and IN state placers and champs that are 25-30 pounds bigger, yet he controls the action. So it would seem this is more evidence than opinion. To even say "we wrestle matches for a reason" to me is bizarre. Of course matches are wrestled for a reason. But in several weigh classes at the national level there are wrestlers that have separated themselves from the pack. Micic is one of those competitors. Like it or not today that's a proven fact.

Its also a proven fact heavy favorites loose matches they should win, I agreed with you that I think Micic wins, but Anderson Silva would still be the UFC Champ if big upsets didn't happen in the sporting world, or are you saying wrestling is immune to this? Micic is not as dominate IMO as Silva was in this weight class prior to his defeat, he was the world champion for God sakes... I think your just a little over zealous over this kid , and yes he's a kid like many others that are special,  that will take his lumps and probably be better for it, but he certainly is beatable my others his age!

I certainly don't mean to down play the ability of Nathan Boston. Iowa St. got themselves a fine wrestler. He's proven to be a winner. I think many people fail at times to realize there is always another level. And right now Micic is at a different level in very much the same way Jason Tsirtsis was as a senior. When I personally hear those words from John Smith, well, it sticks.

I certainly don't mean to down play the ability of Nathan Boston. Iowa St. got themselves a fine wrestler. He's proven to be a winner. I think many people fail at times to realize there is always another level. And right now Micic is at a different level in very much the same way Jason Tsirtsis was as a senior. When I personally hear those words from John Smith, well, it sticks.

Mike Tyson was on a different level than Buster Douglas also, but the worse thing that can happen is for Micic to buy into that I'm too good syndrome. I don't think he thinks at all like this, but it all starts with people around him filling his head with nonsense. He is special but so was Tyson, Ali, and heck even Gable lost his last college match against at least a #10, lol

John Smith is filling his head with nonsense?

No wiseass but people who have insinuated Boston's not in his league, and people who treat him like a O my God, as some are doing on this thread are the types who fill a kids head and treat them as they are larger than life, and when these kids listen and start to believe that nonsense, it often leads to their lack of progression they were projected to become . The kids great and I repeat for the 5th time that I think he wins against Boston, I just can't be so arrogant as to say a #10 Boston verses a #1 Micic is a mismatch, as if the rankings have ever decided a match. As I stated before to MCKAJC statement, "that's why we wrestle the matches" or do you forget there was a time Boston was much more highly ranked then Micic, so that in itself says it all! :-*

No wiseass but people who have insinuated Boston's not in his league, and people who treat him like a O my God, as some are doing on this thread are the types who fill a kids head and treat them as they are larger than life, and when these kids listen and start to believe that nonsense, it often leads to their lack of progression they were projected to become . The kids great and I repeat for the 5th time that I think he wins against Boston, I just can't be so arrogant as to say a #10 Boston verses a #1 Micic is a mismatch, as if the rankings have ever decided a match. As I stated before to MCKAJC statement, "that's why we wrestle the matches" or do you forget there was a time Boston was much more highly ranked then Micic, so that in itself says it all! :-*

I gather it was John Smith who told MCKAC that Steven is on a different level?  Not being a wise acre, just wondering where your evidence is that he is not on another level.  MCKAC has given plenty to prove his point and I trust that Team Micic will heed your warning and not listen to the experts who are filling his head with nonsense...

I gather it was John Smith who told MCKAC that Steven is on a different level?  Not being a wise acre, just wondering where your evidence is that he is not on another level.  MCKAC has given plenty to prove his point and I trust that Team Micic will heed your warning and not listen to the experts who are filling his head with nonsense...

Your correct Karl. During the time I've known the Micic family which extends over the past 7 years or so. The thing that has stuck out the most to me is maybe the fact that Stevan is still the same respectful polite kid he was when he was 10-11 years old. His dad, in spite of not being a wrester himself, might be one of the best wrestling coaches I've encountered. He's given both my sons advise that they have written on the wall of our workout room. So I don't think proper guidance, a big head or over confidence will ever be an issue. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.