Legal or Illegal?

CoachW33

Is it legal to have a feeder middle school practice at the high school when both seasons are in session? Would it be illegal to have the high school wrestlers serve as assistant coaches, helping the middle school wrestlers on technique and instruction? I have heard some say it is illegal and some say it is legal. Some AD's I've talked to say yes, but I have been told by other coaches this is illegal.

Would it be illegal to have a middle school camp that would be set up in a similar fashion?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

While I would contact the IHSAA for the specifics on parts of your questions this section of the by-laws may help clarify some of it.

IHSAA By-Laws

Intra-School Practice

Q. 9-20 May member school athletic teams such as freshmen or reserve teams practice against athletic teams from their junior high school?

A. Yes, provided the team is from a feeder school. (Rule 9-4)  

9-4  Participation of students in an organized athletic contest during the contest season with or against players not attending their school constitutes a game. An unauthorized organized scrimmage or practice during the contest season by student athletes with or against teams or players not belonging to their school is considered a game. It is not considered a game when players are from a junior high school and its parent school.

• 1 month later...

In minnesota you can enter the State Torunament in Middle School

Kentucky and Montana also lets middle schooler wrestle High School Varsity and wrestle the state tournament.

Here's an interesting examaple .  Check out the kid from Apple Valley Minnesota, Mark Hall ranked #1 Nationally is his weight class.  He's originally from Davison, Michigan.  His Dad put him in school in Northern Kentucky his 7th grade year and took 2nd place in state.  His dad then moved him to Nationally ranked Apple Valley, MN, redshirted him and started him wrestle as a 7th grader where he won state as a 7th and 8th grader.  He's a freshman now and ranked nationally in the Intermat's top 10 all class wrestler as a freshman.      When he's done, he'll probably have 6 state championships and a 2nd place in his high school career.

Kentucky and Montana also lets middle schooler wrestle High School Varsity and wrestle the state tournament.

Here's an interesting examaple .  Check out the kid from Apple Valley Minnesota, Mark Hall ranked #1 Nationally is his weight class.   He's originally from Davison, Michigan.  His Dad put him in school in Northern Kentucky his 7th grade year and took 2nd place in state.   His dad then moved him to Nationally ranked Apple Valley, MN, redshirted him and started him wrestle as a 7th grader where he won state as a 7th and 8th grader.   He's a freshman now and ranked nationally in the Intermat's top 10 all class wrestler as a freshman.       When he's done, he'll probably have 6 state championships and a 2nd place in his high school career.

Hum, never heard of 'em...

Perhaps you don't get it.  My sharp remarks to your responses at times are to give you a clear example of what it feels like to pose a legitimate response to a post and then have a complete (ass) yourself give a childish response.  So my "grumbling" response you are referring to is not me being upset at all, just trying to prove a point that is clearly over your head.  If your spelling and grammar are any indication of that, I'll understand why my point was missed.  But I'm "stupid" and you are so smart, so I'll anticipate an enlightening response to this post. 

Says the man hiding behind the internet.

Also, I am very sorry if my lack of correct grammar bothers you. I understand that its hard for some people to not be able to actually make a real rebuttal in a "Personal Attack" so they resort to being a 3rd grade English teacher.

The only real action for that would be to contact the University of Findlay in Findlay, Ohio and alert them of your conerns with their English/Language Arts requirements which makes my Bachelor of Science null and void here at http://www.IndianaMat.com.

Need to get out of Jimtown more but that is "prolly" hard to do with the mayor's schedule and you might have heard of Mark Hall!

Hall is AWESOME.  wrestles with great match awareness and is always in control and never gets out of position. Very impressive! And to think he's just a freshman, wow :o

Need to get out of Jimtown more but that is "prolly" hard to do with the mayor's schedule and you might have heard of Mark Hall!

Well you know' I'm really busy and don't get out much... I guess I could just google this Monte Hall guy and see what he's all about!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.