tsirtsis brothers

fay

I saw they are both signed up this weekend for the last chance Olympic trial qualifier. Both at 66k.  Pretty cool Alex entered.  Jordan Humphrey at 66 and Brandon wright at 60 as well. Good luck to all Indiana wrestlers.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome opportunity for Jason.

Anybody know why guys like Nick Simmons and Jake Herbert are on the entry list?  They're obviously already qualified.

EDIT--Found the answer: anyone can enter, but previously qualified wrestlers who place Top 2 don't count toward the number of spots awarded.

Also, how many qualifying spots are open for each weight class?

EDIT--The two highest placing individuals who haven't previously qualified will be awarded spots in the Trials.

One more note: they weigh in the night before at +2kg (4.4 pounds).  That's basically 150 pounds for the 66kg class.  That means Jason will be facing guys with man strength that will be stepping on the mat the next day at around 165 pounds.  That's a tall, tall order.  Alex used to cut to 60kg (132 pounds) for big events like this.  Neither weight seems optimum for these two.

Probably after weigh-ins tonight and entries become official.  Lots of tough dudes at this tournament.  Should be fun to track tomorrow.  themat.com is supposed to stream a couple mats.

I know that some wrestlers that have already qualified for the trials, will enter these type of tournaments to eliminate others from qualifying.  With them taking the top 2 that have not already qualified, they might just be getting some tune up matches in before the trials.

Jason gets Gage Harrison, a freshman at Oklahoma City University, first round.  Darrion Caldwell if he wins.  :)

Alex has Brett Robbins, who had some success at Northern Iowa.  Lots of potential studs within the couple rounds after that.

Jason gets Gage Harrison, a freshman at Oklahoma City University, first round.  Darrion Caldwell if he wins.  :)

Alex has Brett Robbins, who had some success at Northern Iowa.  Lots of potential studs within the couple rounds after that.

Jason wins 7-0, :35

Alex wins 5-3, 2-0

Jason over Caldwell!! 8-0 1-1

WOW! Caldwell was a 3X state champ in NJ and then won a national title dominating the NCAA's and Metcalf 11-6 in the finals! Caldwell outscored his opponents 52-12 in the NCAA tournament!

Prolly the best opponent Jason has ever wrestled or defeated

BIG WIN T-SHIRTS!!!!!  ;D

Jason had great body awareness to gyroscope around avoiding a 2 point turn in the 3rd which would have changed the match completely.

I havent been able 2 watch any of the matches my Comp keeps freezingup so ive just watching the play by play in trackwrestling

I cant wait 2 see these matches on Flo

T-shirts will now face Joe Johnston

Johnson was a 2X state champ in Kansas, he then wrestled at IOWA where he was a 2X AA, finishing 2nd at 157 in 05' and 6th at 157 in 06'

With winner to face Cary Kolat or Zack Bailey.  Kolat's already a OTT qualifier from past performance so I believe 2nd and 3rd place will get the final qualifying spots.

We  still have a few other guys in the consolations fighting for a spot.  I'm not sure if they will wrestle to a true second place at this event or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.